Windows 10: I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer

Discus and support I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dr. Hans Meves civicon, Dec 30, 2022.

1. I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer

I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer

:)

Dr. Hans Meves civicon, Dec 30, 2022

2. I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer

Dr. Hans Meves civicon, Dec 31, 2022
  3. Ahin6 Win User

You got a OEM or Retail License?

OEM is the Windows license you get when buying windows from a

manufacturer example- Dell,Asus,Hp,etc

If you have OEM it can't be migrated

If you got Retail follow these-

Make sure you have your license key if you don't, Kindly don't follow these steps

We need to deactivate the retail license on the current/old device as the first step. To do that, follow the below steps.

1. Press the Start key on your keyboard.
    2. Search for “Command Prompt.”
    3. Right-click on the Command Prompt result.
    4. Select the “Run as administrator” option.
    5. Type “slmgr /upk” and press Enter.
    6. You will see the “Uninstalled product key successfully” message.
    7. Press “Ok.”
    8. Type “slmgr /cpky” and press Enter.
    9. You will see the “Product key from registry cleared successfully” message.
    10. Click the “Ok” button.
    11. Close the Command Prompt window.
    12. Shut down the computer.
    13. With that, you’ve deactivated the license key in Windows OS.
    Note: Sometimes, you might not see the success message. In that case, execute the command a few more times or until you see it.

After deactivating the license on the old device, you can use it to activate the new device. Here is how to do it.

5. Type “slmgr /ipk product-key” (exchange 'product key' with your product key)while replacing product-key with the actual product key and press Enter.
    6. You will see the “Installed product key” message.
    7. Press “Ok.”
    8. Close the Command Prompt window.
    After installing the license key, it is essential to check if the activate is successful. To do that, follow the below steps.

5. Type “slmgr /dlv” and press Enter.
    6. If the copy is activated, you will see “Licensed” next to “License status.”
    7. Click the “Ok” button.
    8. Close the Command Prompt window.
    If you want these in more detail kindly reply

I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer :)

Ahin6, Dec 31, 2022
  4. I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer

Andre Da Costa, Dec 31, 2022
Thema:

1. I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer - Similar Threads - migrate professional license

2. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.: HiMy old computer suddenly died. I have a windows 10 license and would like to transfer my license to the new one I'm buying.All the manuals require me to operate my previous computer before transferring the license but that is not possible since the computer is not...
  3. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.: HiMy old computer suddenly died. I have a windows 10 license and would like to transfer my license to the new one I'm buying.All the manuals require me to operate my previous computer before transferring the license but that is not possible since the computer is not...
  4. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer: I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-migrate-my-windows-10-professional/b2dea925-eccc-4ac8-a6d5-61c3e52d435b
  6. I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer: I want to migrate my windows 10 professional license to a new computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-migrate-my-windows-10-professional/b2dea925-eccc-4ac8-a6d5-61c3e52d435b
  7. Migrating Licensed Win10 to New Drive & Computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Migrating Licensed Win10 to New Drive & Computer: I have spent a bit of time searching for the answer but haven't found exactly what I am looking for, so I appreciate your help.I have a licensed retail copy of Win 10 on a 500GB HD. My computer died. I seem to be able to boot the copy of Win 10 off the original HD via an...
  8. Migrating Licensed Win10 to New Drive & Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating Licensed Win10 to New Drive & Computer: I have spent a bit of time searching for the answer but haven't found exactly what I am looking for, so I appreciate your help.I have a licensed retail copy of Win 10 on a 500GB HD. My computer died. I seem to be able to boot the copy of Win 10 off the original HD via an...
  9. Migrating Licensed Win10 to New Drive & Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. Migrating Windows 10 to a new computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrating Windows 10 to a new computer: While making a list of parts for my upcoming PC build, I was wondering if it is possible to install an HDD from an older prebuilt system and transfer Windows 10 to an SSD in the new build. Would it work? If so, would I still need an activation key? Thanks :...