Windows 10: I want to modify wrong birthday, but it's child account which I cannot modify.

Discus and support I want to modify wrong birthday, but it's child account which I cannot modify. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I set wrong birthday when I registered, and this account I have been used for years.In present, I have an adult account register for modifying the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Xu Lucas, Jul 22, 2022.

1. Xu Lucas Win User

I want to modify wrong birthday, but it's child account which I cannot modify.

I set wrong birthday when I registered, and this account I have been used for years.In present, I have an adult account register for modifying the wrong child account and add the child account into my family, I still cannot find way to change the birthday. After I connect the support center, they advise me to post question here. I hope it could help.Thanks!

:)

Xu Lucas, Jul 22, 2022
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jul 22, 2022
  3. Can't modify some child accounts

All of my family's child accounts are listed on the page
    account.microsoft.com/family
    , but some are missing from the page
    account.live.com/mykids.aspx
    . I recently received an e-mail listing an incorrect age for one of my kids, and that's the account that's not listed on the Manage Permissions page.

carston1998, Jul 22, 2022
  4. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jul 22, 2022
Thema:

1. I want to modify wrong birthday, but it's child account which I cannot modify. - Similar Threads - modify wrong birthday

2. I cannot edit my other account which is on "Child'" Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot edit my other account which is on "Child'" Account: I have asked the Live Agent if possible to change the "Child" Account, yes it can as long as you are the Family's Organizer. But when I tried following their Steps it doesn't lead me where it should be.These are the steps that the Live Agent said,1. You will see the child you...
  3. Driver is installed, but I cannot modify/uninstall/update it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver is installed, but I cannot modify/uninstall/update it: I updated to Windows 11 and I had a driver installed for a piece of equipment I've been using with my machine for over a year. The driver is present because I can still use the piece of equipment but I cannot remove the driver and reinstall it to make sure I have the latest...
  4. Driver is installed, but I cannot modify/uninstall/update it

Driver is installed, but I cannot modify/uninstall/update it: I updated to Windows 11 and I had a driver installed for a piece of equipment I've been using with my machine for over a year. The driver is present because I can still use the piece of equipment but I cannot remove the driver and reinstall it to make sure I have the latest...
  5. Modify account name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modify account name: Hi,I installed windows 11 from scratch on my Pc, and I logged with my microsoft account in the initial phase. I had no prompt for "username", and now it is a "ricca" I'm Riccardo. I actually don't like it, and i already some script based on my actual usernaname the one I had...
  6. Modify account name

Modify account name: Hi,I installed windows 11 from scratch on my Pc, and I logged with my microsoft account in the initial phase. I had no prompt for "username", and now it is a "ricca" I'm Riccardo. I actually don't like it, and i already some script based on my actual usernaname the one I had...
  7. I want to modify wrong birthday, but it's child account which I cannot modify.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to modify wrong birthday, but it's child account which I cannot modify.: I set wrong birthday when I registered, and this account I have been used for years.In present, I have an adult account register for modifying the wrong child account and add the child account into my family, I still cannot find way to change the birthday. After I connect the...
  8. I want to modify wrong birthday, but it's child account which I cannot modify.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I want to modify wrong birthday, but it's child account which I cannot modify.: I set wrong birthday when I registered, and this account I have been used for years.In present, I have an adult account register for modifying the wrong child account and add the child account into my family, I still cannot find way to change the birthday. After I connect the...
  9. Cannot delete or modify an application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete or modify an application: Somehow an app called "Chromium" and another called "Avast Free Antivirus" got downloaded on my computer. I cannot uninstall the applications or even put them in the trash bin. I have tried using the chat feature to talk to IT and they have took remote access of my computer 3...
  10. I cannot stop/modify Windows update service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot stop/modify Windows update service: I use windows 10 .As i have limited internet I normally disable windows update service(services->windows update) ,but today it didnt go as usual now i cannot interact with windows update service i cannot disable or stop it. And updater is running and i do not want that to...