Windows 10: I want to move files from One Drive back to PC

Discus and support I want to move files from One Drive back to PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; l do not want to use One Drive. I want to move files from One Drive back to PC. I want to use the Free Office App, but store documents on PC only OR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KimBalkwill, Mar 21, 2021.

1. I want to move files from One Drive back to PC

l do not want to use One Drive. I want to move files from One Drive back to PC.

I want to use the Free Office App, but store documents on PC only OR at least have a choice of what I want to store on One Drive.

:)

KimBalkwill, Mar 21, 2021
  2. KomouPoji Win User

how to copy files from the CD to the Computer drive

Hi Hankriegler,

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click file explorer from the list.

• Select the CD/DVD drive and hit Enter.

• Select the files you want to copy from the CD/DVD, then select the drive where you want to paste or save.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Mar 21, 2021
  3. I have just updated my PC's to windows 10

Hi Hugh,

In your first PC, you have mentioned that your disc drive is not recognized in File Explorer but is displayed in the Device Manager. This could occur if a drive letter is not assigned to the CD/DVD drive. I would suggest you to try assigning a drive letter
    to the disc drive and then check if it is displayed in the File Explorer. Press Windows key + X, click on 'Disk management' and then check if the disk drive is listed. If it is listed without a drive letter, right click on the drive and select 'Change drive
    letter and paths'. Click on 'Add' and then assign a drive letter that is not assigned for any other drives. Now, open File Explorer and check if the drive is listed.

In your second PC, you have mentioned that there is no sound. In this case, I would suggest you to try the steps suggested in this article and check:

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Try3 Win User

I want to move files from One Drive back to PC

Need solution for automating transferring of files to flash drives

I am wary of jumping straight in at the deep end so I have a couple of questions.

1 How do you know which files to copy to which memory stick? Can you put a list for each one in a text file?
    2 Are you free to give each memory stick a specific label so that it can be detected in order to trigger the specific list that you have written for that memory stick?

I do have a batch file procedure for identifying the drive letter currently being used for a given external drive label. So perhaps you could trigger a common batch file that
    Step 1 - checks each drive in turn to read its label and then find its current drive letter
    Step 2 - for each detected drive, look up the list given in the batch file to identify which [if any] text file to look in to find the files to copy to that memory stick.
    Step 3 - copies the files listed in the relevant text file

Denis

Thema:

I want to move files from One Drive back to PC

1. I want to move files from One Drive back to PC - Similar Threads - move files Drive

2. I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.: Can't figure out how to just move the file so it doesn't stay on desktop. Trying my best to learn to use the newest Office. I got lost back about 3 years ago and switched to Google. Trying to move back and it is overwhelming and reduces my productivity to nothing....
  3. I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.: Can't figure out how to just move the file so it doesn't stay on desktop. Trying my best to learn to use the newest Office. I got lost back about 3 years ago and switched to Google. Trying to move back and it is overwhelming and reduces my productivity to nothing....
  4. Moving files from one drive to an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving files from one drive to an external drive: I'd like instructions as how to move files from one drive to an external hard drive? I have several files and need to get them out of one drive because some of my files won't open in some of my software if they're in the cloud....
  5. Moving files from one drive to an external drive

Moving files from one drive to an external drive: I'd like instructions as how to move files from one drive to an external hard drive? I have several files and need to get them out of one drive because some of my files won't open in some of my software if they're in the cloud....
  6. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  7. Files moved from one drive to another

Files moved from one drive to another: Hello,So recently my files have been moved from one drive to another, my files in drive C: are now in drive F:, and the ones in drive F: are now in drive E:, and I'm logged into a default user instead of mine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?...
  8. Files moved from one drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. How to move/restore files from One Drive back onto your PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to move/restore files from One Drive back onto your PC: Little to my knowledge when using One drive for the first time, the true meaning of "on demand files". When I backed up desktop, documents and pictures, they all were removed from my PC and only available on One Drive. According to the One Drive article, you can only download...
  10. One Drive Back Up moved my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Drive Back Up moved my files: A onedrive back up moved all of my files and my short cuts from File Explorer no longer work. How do I undo this horrible action? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-back-up-moved-my-files/a49114d4-7115-4466-9a95-bdf2f228bce1