Windows 10: I want to move my Pro Liscnese from one Desktop to Another

Discus and support I want to move my Pro Liscnese from one Desktop to Another in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just recently upgraded my desktop to a new tower. After some research online I found that you can release the product key to, allegedly, allow one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dangerdann, Apr 9, 2019.

1. I want to move my Pro Liscnese from one Desktop to Another

I just recently upgraded my desktop to a new tower.

After some research online I found that you can release the product key to, allegedly, allow one to use it on another computer. My previous build had Windows 10 Pro Installed, and I did save a copy of that product key before I switched computers. How do I go about transferring that license to my new computer. They both came with Windows installed from factory, however I upgraded to the Pro through the Microsoft store. The biggest thing I want to get from this is to be able to use Bitlocker for my hard drives.

Any advice or help would be awesome. As I plan to do this to my laptop in the future.

Thanks

:)

dangerdann, Apr 9, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Apr 9, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 9, 2019
  4. I want to move my Pro Liscnese from one Desktop to Another

After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, Remote Desktop is not working

Hi Mayukh,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run Built In troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Step 1: Please follow the steps below to run Built in Troubleshooter:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar.
    • Click on View all on the left panel of the Troubleshooting Windows.
    • Select Windows store Apps.
    • Follow the on screen instruction.
    Step 2: After running Troubleshooter follow the below steps.

• Type Remote Desktop in search bar.
    • Select Remote Desktop app and open it.
    • In the bottom you will see a button as Show Options.
    • Click on Show Options, you will see the options to enter your credentials.
    • Enter the credentials and click on Connect.
    • Check if it works.
    Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

I want to move my Pro Liscnese from one Desktop to Another

1. I want to move my Pro Liscnese from one Desktop to Another - Similar Threads - move Pro Liscnese

2. I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.: Can't figure out how to just move the file so it doesn't stay on desktop. Trying my best to learn to use the newest Office. I got lost back about 3 years ago and switched to Google. Trying to move back and it is overwhelming and reduces my productivity to nothing....
  3. I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.: Can't figure out how to just move the file so it doesn't stay on desktop. Trying my best to learn to use the newest Office. I got lost back about 3 years ago and switched to Google. Trying to move back and it is overwhelming and reduces my productivity to nothing....
  4. Move Windows From One Drive To Another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move Windows From One Drive To Another: I have three drives C,D & E. I want to move windows and do a clean install from C to E, but keep the files that are on D. The main reason is that C is tiny and out of space and E is faster and much larger. I don't care about preferences and applications being lost as I have...
  5. All of my desktop icons move by themselves when i move a couple from one monitor to another.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All of my desktop icons move by themselves when i move a couple from one monitor to another.: Notably, it seems they all move themselves to the exact same spot each time i recreate this, dont know whats going on. submitted by /u/1Freezer1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8cp7e/all_of_my_desktop_icons_move_by_themselves_when_i/
  6. Move my Windows 10 Pro from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move my Windows 10 Pro from one hard drive to another?: The long and short of it is I'm currently using a 120GB SSD, and I just bought and installed a 480GB SSD. The goal is to have the 480GB as the primary drive, and the 120GB as a storage + Linux drive. That being said, is there a way that I can simply transfer my Windows OS...
  7. Shortcut to move program from one virtual desktop to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to move program from one virtual desktop to another?: Hello I often use Virtual Desktops. But whenever i need to move one program from one environment to another i've to open Virtual Desktop screen and move it manually. Is there any way to do it using shortcut? submitted by /u/BlueBoxxx [link] [comments]...
  8. I want to move my Skype name from one account (that I never asked for) to another, but I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to move my Skype name from one account (that I never asked for) to another, but I...: I'm currently stuck with two Microsoft accounts due to an issue with signing in to the Microsoft store on a secondary device. One account is the one I use on my desktop computer to log into Windows 10. The other is apparently connected to my Skype name, even though I thought...
  9. Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Move Windows 10 Pro from one SSD to another SSD: Good morning, I called on the Microsoft community to ask for your opinion on moving the operating system (Windows 10 Pro) from one SSD to another SSD without operating system installation (Windows 10 Pro). I am waiting for an answer from you in this regard !!! Thank you!!! A...
  10. Move Windows from One Virtual Desktop to Another

in Windows 10 Support
    Move Windows from One Virtual Desktop to Another: This seems to be a tedious process of going to the task view, then finding the window and right clicking and sending it to another desktop. Is there something simpler? I was expecting a right click on the taskbar would give this option, but it does not. Is there a keyboard...