Windows 10: I want to move my Skype name from one account (that I never asked for) to another, but I...

Discus and support I want to move my Skype name from one account (that I never asked for) to another, but I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm currently stuck with two Microsoft accounts due to an issue with signing in to the Microsoft store on a secondary device. One account is the one I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KogarashiKaze, Nov 16, 2019.

1. I want to move my Skype name from one account (that I never asked for) to another, but I...

I'm currently stuck with two Microsoft accounts due to an issue with signing in to the Microsoft store on a secondary device. One account is the one I use on my desktop computer to log into Windows 10. The other is apparently connected to my Skype name, even though I thought my Skype name was already connected to the first. I want to move my Skype name to the account I use on Windows 10, but I can't find the option to do so.

How this happened:

To my knowledge, I had exactly one account: the one I use on Windows 10, which was (I thought) linked to my Skype account.

I needed to log into the Microsoft store on a laptop my children use in order to install a game for them that was in my purchased games list.

I typed in the username that I thought was my Microsoft account (the Skype username). It asked for a password, which I entered, and then asked me to link an email address. So I typed in my email address. The app informed me that that address was already an account and to choose a different one. Confused, I put in my backup email, and was able to log into the store. I couldn't find the game in the library, so since I got that error about my email already being an account, I tried logging in with my email address instead of my Skype username. I was able to access my library and install the game successfully.

That's when I received notifications to my main email address (the one that was rejected when signing in with my Skype name) that my username had "helpfully" changed to my backup email address and that I could go correct it if I needed to.

So I logged into that Microsoft account only to find that I can't remove the backup email as alias, set my Skype name as alias, or add my main email as an additional email (because it's a different account). Logging in using my main email, I find my actual Microsoft account, but no Skype name. No way to fix this problem where Microsoft decided that I need two accounts for some inexplicable reason.

I see when searching for help with this that there was supposed to be a way to connect a Skype account to your Microsoft account. I never saw such a feature, and assumed I'd already done it since when I look at my profile on Skype itself, it only lists my main email, not the secondary one it's been erroneously connected to by Microsoft.

I just want to move my Skype name to the account associated with my main email address, like I thought was my original setup. I want to get rid of the account connected to my secondary email. How can I do this, and if I can't, why hasn't Microsoft been ACTUALLY helpful and implemented an account merge feature for its customers? Other people may have been saddled with multiple Microsoft accounts due to having older features that were absorbed by Microsoft, so there should be a way to consolidate accounts.

:)

KogarashiKaze, Nov 16, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Nov 16, 2019
  4. I want to move my Skype name from one account (that I never asked for) to another, but I...

Thank you for your response. For us to narrow down the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new user account. Name it as
    Test, and install Skype. Check if the issue happens on the new user account. This step will help us to determine if your user account is corrupted.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

I want to move my Skype name from one account (that I never asked for) to another, but I...

1. I want to move my Skype name from one account (that I never asked for) to another, but I... - Similar Threads - move Skype name

2. I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.: Can't figure out how to just move the file so it doesn't stay on desktop. Trying my best to learn to use the newest Office. I got lost back about 3 years ago and switched to Google. Trying to move back and it is overwhelming and reduces my productivity to nothing....
  3. I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.: Can't figure out how to just move the file so it doesn't stay on desktop. Trying my best to learn to use the newest Office. I got lost back about 3 years ago and switched to Google. Trying to move back and it is overwhelming and reduces my productivity to nothing....
  4. I would like to move one device from my account to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like to move one device from my account to another.: I have 3 pc devices on my account; i is new Windows 11. I would like to move one of the older ones Windows 10 to another user in my family's account. That user does not have any devices listed....
  5. I would like to move one device from my account to another.

I would like to move one device from my account to another.: I have 3 pc devices on my account; i is new Windows 11. I would like to move one of the older ones Windows 10 to another user in my family's account. That user does not have any devices listed....
  6. How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another?: I'm currently in the process of setting up a laptop and I signed into the same Microsoft account that I use on my desktop computer. When I did, all of the files I have on my desktop appeared on the laptop as online files. Whenever I try to move these icons into a new location...
  7. How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another?

How do I stop applications that I move on one device from moving on another?: I'm currently in the process of setting up a laptop and I signed into the same Microsoft account that I use on my desktop computer. When I did, all of the files I have on my desktop appeared on the laptop as online files. Whenever I try to move these icons into a new location...
  8. How do I stop windows from adding things to my system I never asked for or want???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I stop windows from adding things to my system I never asked for or want???: I have taking lots of steps in the group policy editors gpeditmsc and taken other such measures to make sure my system functions exactly the way I want it to. I paid a fair amount of money for my system, its configuration; and it is and should always remain within my...
  9. Move device from one Microsoft account to another

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move device from one Microsoft account to another: I have a Microsoft account with email address 'A' that shows my subscription, but no device. It also has the Skype account with all my historic details. I have another Microsoft account with email address B that shows my device. First question: how do I move my device to...
  10. I want to move my Pro Liscnese from one Desktop to Another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to move my Pro Liscnese from one Desktop to Another: I just recently upgraded my desktop to a new tower. After some research online I found that you can release the product key to, allegedly, allow one to use it on another computer. My previous build had Windows 10 Pro Installed, and I did save a copy of that product key...