Windows 10: I want to move the program files folder to another Hard Drive

Discus and support I want to move the program files folder to another Hard Drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I want to move the Program Files to another hard drive but I only want to move the folders not the actual main Program Files folder. Will doing so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HHHOME_jharvey, Jan 24, 2019.

1. I want to move the program files folder to another Hard Drive

I want to move the Program Files to another hard drive but I only want to move the folders not the actual main Program Files folder.

Will doing so screw up my system?

Jaydan

:)

HHHOME_jharvey, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Dec 16, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Dec 16, 2019
  4. I want to move the program files folder to another Hard Drive

exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

I want to move the program files folder to another Hard Drive

1. I want to move the program files folder to another Hard Drive - Similar Threads - move program files

2. Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive: Hi. I want to ask if everything will work if I move files located in documents to another drive by moving docs to another drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-game-and-program-files-to-another-drive-by/8edaacc9-c8fb-4128-a462-caedfe862288
  3. Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive: Hi. I want to ask if everything will work if I move files located in documents to another drive by moving docs to another drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-game-and-program-files-to-another-drive-by/8edaacc9-c8fb-4128-a462-caedfe862288
  4. Moving game and program files to another drive by using move documets to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Move Program files to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Program files to another drive: Hi,My C drive is almost full. I would like to move some app to D Drive. I have moved some apps using Apps & Features in settings. But it can only move apps installed from Microsoft store. I have installed many softwares like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro etc which tooks...
  6. Move Program files to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Program files to another drive: Hi,My C drive is almost full. I would like to move some app to D Drive. I have moved some apps using Apps & Features in settings. But it can only move apps installed from Microsoft store. I have installed many softwares like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro etc which tooks...
  7. Move Program files to another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Move an entire Minecraft folder to another hard drive?: Hello, my main hard drive is almost full and I have noticed that the .Minecraft folder is very busy. Now I want to move the Minecraft folder to my second hard drive. Can anyone tell me how I can best do this? i've moved the minecraft folder before but then the main...
  9. Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving folder from a program into another folder on the same drive: So I have a laptop and a PC and an external hard drive, I want to use my external drive on both, I already used it on my PC and many of my PC programs are on there and I would like to move all of the PC folders and files into one big "My PC stuff" folder and I'll have all of...
  10. How to move a program files folder from C drive to another drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to move a program files folder from C drive to another drive: Hello Peepz My first post so hello to all. I have a windows 10 pc (x64) hence me joining the community ;-) I have a samsung 850 evo 250GB SSD ( C Drive ) & a Seagate FireCuda SSHD 1TB ( D drive ) I'm in a predicament where my kids play a lot of games on the PC, Fortnite being...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. move program files from hdd to another hdd

2. how to move the program files folder

3. move ur programs from SSD to a new HDD

4. can i move program files folder to anjother drive