Windows 10: I want to mute windows automatically

Discus and support I want to mute windows automatically in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; will there be a way for windows to mute the audio when the headphones is removed? my headphone is in bad contact and sometimes it disconnects alone, on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Laphyel, Nov 24, 2020.

1. I want to mute windows automatically

will there be a way for windows to mute the audio when the headphones is removed? my headphone is in bad contact and sometimes it disconnects alone, on android devices it is similar, 2 volume bars, 1 with headphones and one without, will there be a way to do something similar?

submitted by /u/Laphyel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Laphyel, Nov 24, 2020

2. Windows Explorer is muting microphone

Hi Jozef,

To help you stop your microphone from muting automatically, we suggest that you follow the steps suggested by
    Kalpana Shankarappa on this
    thread
    that talks about the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Nov 24, 2020
  3. David Haz Win User
    Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Nov 24, 2020
  4. I want to mute windows automatically

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

I want to mute windows automatically

1. I want to mute windows automatically - Similar Threads - mute automatically

2. Audio has been cutting out and computer has automatically muted itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio has been cutting out and computer has automatically muted itself.: I got a Windows 11 laptop Acer Aspire 3, for nearly 6 months, and last month, I've been experiencing an issue, where the audio stops playing and prevents the media player to load continuously, and the volume to automatically reset to 0 while muting itself. I have been...
  3. Audio has been cutting out and computer has automatically muted itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio has been cutting out and computer has automatically muted itself.: I got a Windows 11 laptop Acer Aspire 3, for nearly 6 months, and last month, I've been experiencing an issue, where the audio stops playing and prevents the media player to load continuously, and the volume to automatically reset to 0 while muting itself. I have been...
  4. My laptop gets automatically muted whenever alarm goes off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop gets automatically muted whenever alarm goes off.: I use my laptop to set alarm. It was working just fine before but now when it's time for the alarm to go off I don't why my speaker gets muted automatically. I wonder if there is problem with the speaker driver or alarm app....
  5. My laptop gets automatically muted whenever alarm goes off.

My laptop gets automatically muted whenever alarm goes off.: I use my laptop to set alarm. It was working just fine before but now when it's time for the alarm to go off I don't why my speaker gets muted automatically. I wonder if there is problem with the speaker driver or alarm app....
  6. My laptop gets automatically muted whenever alarm goes off.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sounds get automatically muted when in a call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sounds get automatically muted when in a call: Hi, My app volumes all automatically gets muted when I'm in a call with someone I'm using discord when I/people inside the call talk windows just automatically mute all other apps volume, is there any way to turn it off? I'm on windows 11 btw...
  8. Sounds get automatically muted when in a call

Sounds get automatically muted when in a call: Hi, My app volumes all automatically gets muted when I'm in a call with someone I'm using discord when I/people inside the call talk windows just automatically mute all other apps volume, is there any way to turn it off? I'm on windows 11 btw...
  9. Bluetooth gets automatically disconnected, ear buds sound gets muted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth gets automatically disconnected, ear buds sound gets muted.: My Bluetooth in windows 11 seems to be not workingProblem: - Ear buds gets automatically disconnected for no reason - Ear buds sound gets muted suddenly and after few seconds it plays clip of sound and this behavior repeats. [2] - In reference to [2], When connected it plays...
  10. Bluetooth gets automatically disconnected, ear buds sound gets muted.

Bluetooth gets automatically disconnected, ear buds sound gets muted.: My Bluetooth in windows 11 seems to be not workingProblem: - Ear buds gets automatically disconnected for no reason - Ear buds sound gets muted suddenly and after few seconds it plays clip of sound and this behavior repeats. [2] - In reference to [2], When connected it plays...