Windows 10: I want to open downloaded files without saving them. Was able to do this until your...

Discus and support I want to open downloaded files without saving them. Was able to do this until your... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to open downloaded files without saving them. Was able to do this until your updates were installed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonSchommer, Mar 26, 2020.

1. I want to open downloaded files without saving them. Was able to do this until your...

I want to open downloaded files without saving them. Was able to do this until your updates were installed.

:)

RonSchommer, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Tatty_One Win User

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Mar 26, 2020
  3. After installing Windows 10. I cannot open downloaded files. I am told they are corrupt.

Hi Joe,

• Which files are you referring to? From where have you downloaded the files?
    • What is the file format of the downloaded files?
    • Are you able to open locally saved files of the same format?

I would suggest you to try to download the file again and click on
    Save as
    and save it to a different location and check if you are able to open them.

If the issue is not resolved, please provide more information to assist you better.

Rohit Siddegowda, Mar 26, 2020
  4. I want to open downloaded files without saving them. Was able to do this until your...

rar files opens directly without save

Hello friends,
    I've one query..
    by mistake i selected option "open this type of file directly" while downloading one rar file from my browser.

After than if i click on any rar file link or attachment in forum, regardless of size it opens directly without asking to save to any path option..

how to revert this change?

freebird_9924, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

I want to open downloaded files without saving them. Was able to do this until your...

1. I want to open downloaded files without saving them. Was able to do this until your... - Similar Threads - open downloaded files

2. attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...: When i click on an attachment now or a photo, instead of it opening it required me to save it first in windows and I don't want to do that. I want to OPEN it and then save it as I choose. It used to do that. I would click on the photo, once opened, and then choose save as....
  3. attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...: When i click on an attachment now or a photo, instead of it opening it required me to save it first in windows and I don't want to do that. I want to OPEN it and then save it as I choose. It used to do that. I would click on the photo, once opened, and then choose save as....
  4. attachments have to be downloaded and saved. i used to be able to lcick on them, open them...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. "Do you want to open or save this file?" prompt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Do you want to open or save this file?" prompt: [ATTACH] Have a application that manages pdf and a built in viewer when someone is clicking through PDF. Every time a user clicks on a pdf now, rather than it just displaying the preview in the app, it shows them the following prompt. If they were to click Open then it...
  6. D/L files show correctly UNTILL I download them!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    D/L files show correctly UNTILL I download them!: I just got a "new" hand me up computer from my daughter, and installed all of my old HDD contents to the new HDD same size and capacity. My problem is that I set up Yahoo e-mail as my primary e-mail because I play a PBEM game with a long distance player and Yahoo seems to...
  7. I can't open files in Edge without saving them first

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open files in Edge without saving them first: LeighAskin, I'm having the same issue you are. Earlier this month, I upgraded my computer to a SSD and the new Microsoft Edge was installed and now I can not open ANY documents without saving them first. I just got off the phone with Microsoft call center and they weren't...
  8. Not able to save or open files

Not able to save or open files: Hello everyone . I bought a brand new windows 10 laptop to go along with with a new guitar amplifier I purchased . The amplifier comes with free software to download . The software ( BLACKSTAR INSIDER } is a very valuable tool for downloading amp setting patches that I can...
  9. Downloads will Save...I used to be able to open

in Browsers and Email
    Downloads will Save...I used to be able to open: When I download a file in Firefox (latest ver), it states to SAVE. I would like it to give option to OPEN. It used to do give me a choice, but I must have changed something. Is there any way to get this option back? Many thanks, 32838
  10. How do I download files without having to use MS edge to open them up?

How do I download files without having to use MS edge to open them up?: Even when I open Firefox and download a file. To open it (pdf) it has to open in Microsoft edge . How do I get files to just save to my desktop? I am so missing the simplicity of my mac. 104086