Windows 10: i want to permission to download certain apps and files

Discus and support i want to permission to download certain apps and files in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; my laptop does not allow me to download certain apps. i need help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by yaw kyei baffour, May 21, 2020.

1. i want to permission to download certain apps and files

my laptop does not allow me to download certain apps.

i need help

:)

yaw kyei baffour, May 21, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 21, 2020
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, May 21, 2020
  4. i want to permission to download certain apps and files

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, May 21, 2020
Thema:

i want to permission to download certain apps and files

1. i want to permission to download certain apps and files - Similar Threads - permission download certain

2. I cant open certain files or apps. Seems like loss of permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant open certain files or apps. Seems like loss of permissions: Whenever I try to open certain apps they fail to start and within a couple of minutes send an error message stating "Windows cannot access the specified device, Path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions" Some solutions tell me to change the properties of the...
  3. I cant open certain files or apps. Seems like loss of permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant open certain files or apps. Seems like loss of permissions: Whenever I try to open certain apps they fail to start and within a couple of minutes send an error message stating "Windows cannot access the specified device, Path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions" Some solutions tell me to change the properties of the...
  4. i want download app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want download app: I recently installed tlaunger website. I am not an administrator, though I can make myself one without issues. I want tlunger to be available only in my account. What steps should I follow to make this happen? I will be installing a few applications over the days and I want...
  5. i want download app

i want download app: I recently installed tlaunger website. I am not an administrator, though I can make myself one without issues. I want tlunger to be available only in my account. What steps should I follow to make this happen? I will be installing a few applications over the days and I want...
  6. Certain apps are being downloaded only in Appdata file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain apps are being downloaded only in Appdata file: so after resetting my computer, because i accidentally caused certain apps to get wiped, Certain apps such as Discord, Microsoft teams, and whatsapp are only being downloaded into the Appdata start menu file, and not in C drive or D drive...
  7. Certain apps are being downloaded only in Appdata file

Certain apps are being downloaded only in Appdata file: so after resetting my computer, because i accidentally caused certain apps to get wiped, Certain apps such as Discord, Microsoft teams, and whatsapp are only being downloaded into the Appdata start menu file, and not in C drive or D drive...
  8. Certain apps are being downloaded only in Appdata file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. I want to download A file on disk E: But Needed Administrator permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to download A file on disk E: But Needed Administrator permission: I want to download A file on disk E: But Needed Administrator permission. I am not able to download any file on disk E: nor I can delete some Third-party software files. I am very annoyed. Somebody help me....
  10. Unable to download a certain file.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to download a certain file.: Hello, I've recently been trying to download this file. <potentially hazardous file removed by VM> It is an exploit for an online game I play. Sadly it keeps getting blocked/denied due to the reason of having a potential virus. I've already scanned it and it's a false...