Windows 10: I want to prevent an involuntary reboot. I do not want to turn off Windows Update, and I...

Discus and support I want to prevent an involuntary reboot. I do not want to turn off Windows Update, and I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to prevent an involuntary reboot. I do not want to turn off Windows Update, and I don't mind being prompted to restart.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lu Kang-sung, Feb 20, 2019.

1. I want to prevent an involuntary reboot. I do not want to turn off Windows Update, and I...

I want to prevent an involuntary reboot. I do not want to turn off Windows Update, and I don't mind being prompted to restart.

:)

Lu Kang-sung, Feb 20, 2019

2. Windows Update - Prevents Appliations from Loading

Update KB4015217 currently preventing a number of applications in our environment from loading.

We have to perform the following steps to get the applications to run:

Uninstall Windows Update KB4015217

• Windows Update
    • Update History
    • Uninstall Update
    Reboot

Run the “Windows Update Hide Tool”

Hide update KB4015217

1234Jenifer1234, Feb 20, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. jbailey8 Win User

I want to prevent an involuntary reboot. I do not want to turn off Windows Update, and I...

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

I want to prevent an involuntary reboot. I do not want to turn off Windows Update, and I...

1. I want to prevent an involuntary reboot. I do not want to turn off Windows Update, and I... - Similar Threads - prevent involuntary reboot

2. I just wanted to turn off my laptop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just wanted to turn off my laptop...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/-Mr_Ogi- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/11dm3u9/i_just_wanted_to_turn_off_my_laptop/
  3. i want to turn off the password option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    i want to turn off the password option: sir, i want tp turn of the password option in my computer. whenever i sign in my computer it asks for a password which is joined with my microsoft account...
  4. updates I Do NOT Want

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates I Do NOT Want: Hello Helpful friends. Recently my laptop had daily notices that Windows 10 wanted to do updates. 1I was afraid of the dreaded blue screen. 2 If there is a way to know what updates they want to do, I don't know how to access that. Likewise, I don't know if they let you...
  5. I don't want to "Allow the computer to turn off Wi-Fi to save power" but I do want...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I don't want to "Allow the computer to turn off Wi-Fi to save power" but I do want...: Wake-on-LAN is setup correctly via magic packet, but a problem yet persists.[ATTACH] As you can see in the screenshot, I am unable to keep my computer from turning off the Wi-Fi adapter thus not allowing me to wake it up after a certain amount of time which is very annoying....
  6. I want to turn off the entirety of Windows Defender and Update System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I want to turn off the entirety of Windows Defender and Update System: Both of the embedded systems refuse to turn off, keep updating despite me pressing each and every checkbox I could find and keep eating off from my memory and network bandwidth. I do not need neither Antimalware system, not Firewall, I need no updates nor I need OS to decide...
  7. Touchscreen - I do not want to turn it off permanently, just temporarily

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchscreen - I do not want to turn it off permanently, just temporarily: I know it is possible to turn off the touchpad on a laptop when a usb mouse is detected. I have not found an option to do the same to disable the touchscreen when a usb mouse is detected. Is it possible to do this? I do not want to turn it off permanently, just temporarily...
  8. How do I turn off Windows apps that I don't want?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off Windows apps that I don't want?: First on my list is "Store". I have repeated told my firewall to always deny, but it keeps coming up. I know there are other Windows 10 apps that are just as pushy, and take up lots of CPU and bandwidth. What are they and how can I safely turn them off? 115199
  9. I don't want to update windows 10, how do I avoid the option to turn off?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I don't want to update windows 10, how do I avoid the option to turn off?: My problem is that a few days ago Windows 10 forced me to update it because the update message did not stop and it did not let me do anything, so I ended up accepting the update. After doing this the start became very slow, it took a long time to turn on and every time an...
  10. I want shutdown but NOT turn off...

in Windows 10 Support
    I want shutdown but NOT turn off...: Hello all. Wondered if anyone can help. Back in the day when you shutdown Windows it would shut down and wait patiently for you to turn the power off. Nowadays, you shutdown and the machine will turn itself off. ACPI and all that Which is great. But I have a...