Windows 10: I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

Discus and support I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lintek25475, Aug 20, 2018.

1. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page are other intranet URLs. Whenever I click on any of those URLs, IE 11 opens. How can I prevent IE from opening to make the URL pages open in Edge.

:)

lintek25475, Aug 20, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 20, 2018
  4. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge doesn't open in Windows 10.

Somehow my system got infected with some malware. Due to which Edge was opening random ads in new tabs with any click on any site. After some efforts I cleaned the malware, but the malware seem to have broken edge; some edge files also got cleaned out.

Now while opening opening blue screen comes fine, just a quick flash of Edge window comes but without showing anything or allowing to do anything closes itself.

I couldn't uninstall and re-install as Edge doesn't show in programs list.

I also tried following steps as suggested by the Microsoft Virtual support agent, No issues came up with that and nothing got resolved.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click command prompt (Run as administrator).
    • In the Administrator Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
      • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

shubhamgpt, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

1. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge - Similar Threads - prevent opening Edge

2. Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting: Periodically, there is an Update of something that resets Edge and Windows and deletes my settings. How do I prevent this?EDGE: The settings I lose are these - default search engine - search engine used for address bar - default home page when I open browser - default page...
  3. Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Edge and Windows from resetting: Periodically, there is an Update of something that resets Edge and Windows and deletes my settings. How do I prevent this?EDGE: The settings I lose are these - default search engine - search engine used for address bar - default home page when I open browser - default page...
  4. Preventing Edge From Auto-Launching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Preventing Edge From Auto-Launching: I keep deleting the MicrosoftEdgeAutoLaunch entry from the registry but it keeps getting put back.Please, don't tell me it has no impact on startup. True or not that excuse is too old.What if I allowed 10 programs run at startup with each having little impact. It adds up.How...
  5. How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?: In our small office I am using Chrome web browser with specially set up GPO restrictions that provide white-listing for which websites can be visited, etc. Chrome is also set up as default web browser. So I just noticed today, that if someone clicks one of these links from a...
  6. How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent links from lock screen from opening in Edge?: In our small office I am using Chrome web browser with specially set up GPO restrictions that provide white-listing for which websites can be visited, etc. Chrome is also set up as default web browser. So I just noticed today, that if someone clicks one of these links from a...
  7. I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge

in Browsers and Email
    I want to prevent IE from opening from Edge: I'm using Edge at my job location which is running the enterprise version of Windows 10. My Edge homepage is the company's homepage URL. On this page are other intranet URLs. Whenever I click on any of those URLs, IE 11 opens. How can I prevent IE from opening to make the URL...
  8. A website will only open in IE, I want to open it in Edge. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    A website will only open in IE, I want to open it in Edge. How do I fix this?: I have a website that I use everyday. If I try to open it in Edge, it opens in IE by default. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/a-website-will-only-open-in-ie-i-want-to-open-it/30aaa501-6ab9-454e-b5ea-ed0f04924fa9
  9. IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?

in Browsers and Email
    IE "Open Microsoft Edge" Tab, want to remove it, how?: After updating to the CU 1703, IE now has an "Open Microsoft Edge" TAB which I'd like to remove. Its becoming annoying as I'm accidentally clicking it when wanting to just open a new TAB. Had a good look in the Advanced settings and under TAB settings but didn't see any way...
  10. How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to change browser that email opens in from IE to Edge?: Hello! I mistakenly chose IE as the browser for my emails to open in when I imported my mails from outlook and I wish to change this to MS Edge. How to I go about this? I've checked in the settings, but it doesn't seem to have what I'm looking for. MY IE doesn't function...