Windows 10: I want to purchase and install Windows 10 on a new drive

Discus and support I want to purchase and install Windows 10 on a new drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Maybe I'm missing something since I'm used to having a physical disc to do a new install. I'm running Windows 7 on my desktop but want to install 10 on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianR1960, Dec 20, 2019.

1. I want to purchase and install Windows 10 on a new drive

Maybe I'm missing something since I'm used to having a physical disc to do a new install. I'm running Windows 7 on my desktop but want to install 10 on a different drive. Am I supposed to download 10 from Microsoft, buy the USB version??? It gives 2 options to purchase. I want to keep 7 at this time where it is and want to do a clean install of 10 on the other drive.

:)

BrianR1960, Dec 20, 2019
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 20, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 20, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

I want to purchase and install Windows 10 on a new drive

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

I want to purchase and install Windows 10 on a new drive

1. I want to purchase and install Windows 10 on a new drive - Similar Threads - purchase install drive

2. i have a new build PC and purchased windows 11 but on the install there are not any drives...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a new build PC and purchased windows 11 but on the install there are not any drives...: i have a new build PC and purchased windows 11 but on the install there are not any drives found? Does windows 11 come with drivers? the PC does not have internet connected yet as i only have the bios page and now installing window 11. help?...
  3. i have a new build PC and purchased windows 11 but on the install there are not any drives...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a new build PC and purchased windows 11 but on the install there are not any drives...: i have a new build PC and purchased windows 11 but on the install there are not any drives found? Does windows 11 come with drivers? the PC does not have internet connected yet as i only have the bios page and now installing window 11. help?...
  4. I purchased a Windows 10 pro upgrade on my microsoft account. I want to install the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased a Windows 10 pro upgrade on my microsoft account. I want to install the...: So I have a couple Windows 10 home computers that I want to upgrade to 10 Pro. I purchased 2 digital upgrades using my Microsoft email address and installed 1 of the upgrades. How do initiate the upgrade on the second computer without going through Windows store and selecting...
  5. New laptop installed Windows 11 but I purchased it to run Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New laptop installed Windows 11 but I purchased it to run Windows 10: Today I purchased a specific laptop because the product information stated it would have Windows 10 which is what I must have for remote work. However, during the install Windows 11 was installed, unfortunately.So, I guess two questions:1. Is it possible for me to change from...
  6. New laptop installed Windows 11 but I purchased it to run Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop installed Windows 11 but I purchased it to run Windows 10: Today I purchased a specific laptop because the product information stated it would have Windows 10 which is what I must have for remote work. However, during the install Windows 11 was installed, unfortunately.So, I guess two questions:1. Is it possible for me to change from...
  7. New laptop installed Windows 11 but I purchased it to run Windows 10

8. Purchased a m.2 ssd drive and want to install windows 10 on it and delete everything off of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Purchased a m.2 ssd drive and want to install windows 10 on it and delete everything off of...: i just did a "test run" of this on my current ssd and the windows fresh install tool from microsoft left everything on my hard drives without giving me an option to format. im obviously missing a step here. there was no option to format anything using the fresh install tool....
  9. I want to purchase a windows 10 security key

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to purchase a windows 10 security key: I want to purchase a windows 10 security key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-purchase-a-windows-10-security-key/d9fe2fef-8438-4737-84e7-397b14ee7d07
  10. installing previously purchased (and installed) game on new hard drive

installing previously purchased (and installed) game on new hard drive: Just wondering if it's possible to reinstall a previously purchased game onto a new hard drive, as the game i previously installed i can no longer access due to having to replace old hard drive due to error / failure. Or would you have to purchase the game again? Thanks...