Windows 10: I want to re-enable update orchestrator

Discus and support I want to re-enable update orchestrator in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; A while back I took steps to stop windows incessant updates. One of the steps I took was to disable the update orchestrator items in task scheduler.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jrclen, Mar 31, 2019.

1. jrclen Win User

I want to re-enable update orchestrator

A while back I took steps to stop windows incessant updates.

One of the steps I took was to disable the update orchestrator items in task scheduler. Now I want to re-enable those items but I get a message saying "this user account does not have permission to enable this task."

I am logged in to my local account as an administrator. How do I re-enable automatic updates? Thanks.

:)

jrclen, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Noela Tum Win User

Disable Update Orchestrator from waking my computer

Thanks for your reply. To help resolve your concern with the Update Orchestrator, please follow the steps below:

• Go to the Task Scheduler.
    • Double-click Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select and double-click Microsoft.
    • Select and double-click Windows.
    • Choose Update Orchestrator.
    • Right-click on Reboot.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Conditions.
    • Under Power options, uncheck "Wake the computer to run this task".
    You may also disable all wake timers for your computer under Power options.

We're looking forward to your response.

Noela Tum, Mar 31, 2019
  3. Update Orchestrator Reboot

Haha awesome windows feedback doesn't come up in the start search but windows + F brings it up, but doesn't work if windows update and update orchestrator are disable. I'll just wait until the re-enable themselves then.

EngineerNjord, Mar 31, 2019
  4. I want to re-enable update orchestrator

Update Orchestrator Reboot

Hi Ken,

To help resolve your concern with Orchestrator Reboot, you may follow the steps below:

• Go to the Task Scheduler.
    • Double-click Task Scheduler Library.
    • Select and double-click Microsoft.
    • Select and double-click Windows.
    • Choose UpdateOrchestrator.
    • Right-click on Reboot.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Select Conditions.
    • Under Power options, uncheck "Wake the computer to run this task".

You may also disable all wake timers for your computer under Power options.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

I want to re-enable update orchestrator

1. I want to re-enable update orchestrator - Similar Threads - enable update orchestrator

2. Re-enable a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-enable a device: I disabled my laptop because I thought it would get rid if the microsoft authenticator but it didn't. I want to re-enable my laptop so I can do some homework https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/re-enable-a-device/4d66c633-d016-4e54-bdb3-73425b7eb240
  3. I want to know why I cannot prevent the Update Orchestrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to know why I cannot prevent the Update Orchestrator?: I followed the instructions from someone who gave an Answer about preventing Microsoft Updates. I disabled Windows Update.I used CMD command to type sc delete wuauservThen I went to the Task Scheduler to disable the Windows Update Orchestrator. The person who answered...
  4. I want to know why I cannot prevent the Update Orchestrator?

I want to know why I cannot prevent the Update Orchestrator?: I followed the instructions from someone who gave an Answer about preventing Microsoft Updates. I disabled Windows Update.I used CMD command to type sc delete wuauservThen I went to the Task Scheduler to disable the Windows Update Orchestrator. The person who answered...
  5. Update Orchestrator Service

Update Orchestrator Service: The "Update Orchestrator Service" does not start. The System event log shows the following: The Update Orchestrator Service service failed to start due to the following error: The parameter is incorrect.In Settings-->Windows Update the following is displayed: Something went...
  6. Update Orchestrator Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Orchestrator Service: The "Update Orchestrator Service" does not start. The System event log shows the following: The Update Orchestrator Service service failed to start due to the following error: The parameter is incorrect.In Settings-->Windows Update the following is displayed: Something went...
  7. Update Orchestrator Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Re-enable touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Re-enable touchpad: This morning, I disabled my touchpad to see if Windows 10 wouId automatically enable my touchscreen. It didn't, so now I can't use my laptop. Before I get a mouse to plug in, is there a way to re-enable my touchpad without a mouse? Thanks....
  9. How to Kill Update Orchestrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Kill Update Orchestrator: I posted this last night when I was woken up by this stupid service but it must have gotten buried. My computer keeps turning on from sleep. This is from the command: powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type:...
  10. Cannot Re-Enable Windows Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Re-Enable Windows Update: Days before the "get it free" period was over, I upgraded from 7 Pro to 10 Pro. At the time, I followed some instructions to defer updates to avoid headaches. Today, while trying to fix an issue caused Win 10 (my HP printer won't scan or fax), a thread suggested making sure...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 2019 Update Orchestrator Service