Windows 10: i want to reinstall windows 10 but my crashed firewall service is not letting me

Discus and support i want to reinstall windows 10 but my crashed firewall service is not letting me in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Iv been having problems with my PC for months, after i did windows update. But more recently those problems have become bigger after i uninstalled AVG.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sammapper, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Sammapper Win User

i want to reinstall windows 10 but my crashed firewall service is not letting me

Iv been having problems with my PC for months, after i did windows update. But more recently those problems have become bigger after i uninstalled AVG.
    I guess it might not have uninstalled properly, because soon after i had problems with my firewall service not starting.
    Even trying to open my firewall service and other related services though services window doesn't work as they are greyed out and i cant stop/start them.

I've tried various methods on the internet including minor registry edits. After which i was able to reuse windows update. But now my Microsoft store doesn't open/work and other windows apps dont work as well for eg JPEG viewer.
    I tried the inbuilt Windows reset option which also failed and created more problems.

Im at my wits end and the only solution seems like a clean install.
    The problem is as my firewall isn't working so Microsoft isn't letting me download the setup.
    So i viewed my source code and opened the page as a MAC user and it let me download the ISO file.

My question is considering my windows seems corrupted and so many services have failed, should i install by mounting the iso and running setup OR should i use a usb drive and media creation tool. I dont want to create any additional problems or brick it.

:)

Sammapper, Mar 24, 2020

2. Windows 10 Firewall won't keep my inbound/outbound rules

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the Windows Firewall. I will certainly assist you.

I suggest you to restart the Windows firewall service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Press Windows key + R simultaneously for Run.
    • Type services.msc and then Enter.
    • Right click on the Windows firewall services and then restart the services and check if it helps.
    If the issue still persists then I suggest you to remove and then read the Windows fire wall rule.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 24, 2020
  3. windows 10 firewall can not connect

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are receiving an error message 0x80070422 after an automatic update.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• When exactly do you get this error message?

• Which is the latest update that you have done in your system?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check the update history:

1. Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on
    advanced option.

2. Click on view
    update history.

Perform a full system anti-virus scan using defender to ensure that the pc is free from virus.

You may follow the article below for the same:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc#v1h=tab01

I also suggest you to ensure to have the windows firewall service running. You may follow the steps below for the same:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc

• Locate the Windows firewall
      service and check if it is running.

• If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 24, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

i want to reinstall windows 10 but my crashed firewall service is not letting me

Router Firewall?

Your router firewall lets you configure basic things like "Attack Protection", "DOS Protection" and service filtering with basic options for disabling HTTP, Telnet, FTP, TFTP, SNMP from external networks where you still get your internet from your ISP's gateway and every other communication from the WAN is blocked. You can also set up a service filter list in many cases. This is nifty. Though protection from the router isn't an alternative for even software firewalls, leave alone hardware ones. You will need a good software firewall such as free Zone Alarm / the firewall that comes with your security suite, if you're paranoid about security, else a properly updated Windows installation with the Windows Firewall is a good thing too.

btarunr, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. i want to reinstall windows 10 but my crashed firewall service is not letting me - Similar Threads - reinstall crashed firewall

2. I want to reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to reinstall windows 10: My computer used to have Windows 10 and I still have the activation code. I currently use Windows 11 and I want to do a clean reinstall of Windows without keeping any of my current files. If I reinstall Windows 11 from the Microsoft site, will I be able to use that activation...
  3. I want to reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to reinstall windows 10: My computer used to have Windows 10 and I still have the activation code. I currently use Windows 11 and I want to do a clean reinstall of Windows without keeping any of my current files. If I reinstall Windows 11 from the Microsoft site, will I be able to use that activation...
  4. Want to reinstall windows, but it won't let me. Currently installed Win 10 boots fully, no...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want to reinstall windows, but it won't let me. Currently installed Win 10 boots fully, no...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/chung2k6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lr2d94/want_to_reinstall_windows_but_it_wont_let_me/
  5. Windows 10 Store wont let me reinstall game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Store wont let me reinstall game: I own the Windows Store version of Sea of Thieves. Back in the day I installed this on my External HDD, also containing +/- about 2 TB of important data. Now my laptop has been reset a while back and Windows Store doesnt seem to recognize the installation anymore. My...
  6. windows firewall service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall service: how to get rid of the following The package could not be installed because the windows firewall service in not running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-firewall-service/74651b07-c579-457d-b4b3-f252053e9319
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 edition won't let me reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 edition won't let me reinstall: Hi! I recently got a new machine and I wanted to reinstall Minecraft for Windows 10 and it said I didn't own the game. I received the game for free as a part of the promotion to get the game for free if you owned Minecraft: Java Edition. I uninstalled Minecraft on my original...
  8. I want to change my PIN and windows won't let me?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to change my PIN and windows won't let me?: I think I might be actually braindead because I have no idea how to fix this. My windows account is my personal account, it is linked to my personal microsoft account with my personal email, and it is not in any way tied to any sort of organization. So why on earth can I not...
  9. Windows Firewall won't let me click

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Firewall won't let me click: So I'm trying to click on change notification settings, but it will not let me. Mcaffee firewall is already turned off and I have made sure windows firewall is running by going to services. I can only click on Advanced Settings and Troubleshoot Network.[ATTACH]...
  10. Want to recover - Reinstall - Windows Update Service -

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Want to recover - Reinstall - Windows Update Service -: Hello All or to whom (1). I did this - Click your Start Button, type services and hit Enter Scroll down to find Windows Update Service If it is Started, double click it and stop that service CLose the services App Click your Start Button, type cmd, right click...