Windows 10: I want to remove an account not mine from my PC.

Discus and support I want to remove an account not mine from my PC. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My account is an administrator account. All the guides say to go to settings>accounts>Family & other people and then select the account I want to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KatyAnderson3, Mar 15, 2020.

1. I want to remove an account not mine from my PC.

My account is an administrator account. All the guides say to go to settings>accounts>Family & other people and then select the account I want to remove, and click the remove button. The only problem is, there is no remove button, it's been replaced with a block button. So I can block the user from signing in, but I can't delete their account from the PC. I want to do this to recover the disk space the account is using. Any ideas?

:)

KatyAnderson3, Mar 15, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 15, 2020
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Remove account from old pc

Hi Richard,

Apologies for the delay in responding. During this time, have you already removed the account on the PC? In case that you haven't, here are the steps on how you can remove an account in Windows 10.

Note: Before you can remove an account, you need to create a Local Administrator. Here are the steps:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings
      > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.

• Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

• To make the new account an administrator account, select Start > Settings > Account > Family & other people, and select Change account type. Under Account type,
      select Administrator > OK. Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account.

To remove a user account in Windows 10, here are the steps:

• Press Windows key on your keyboard, click on Settings.
    • Click on Account, click on Family and other users.
    • Select the user you want to delete under Other users and click on Remove.
    • Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.
    • Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Ian Ser, Mar 15, 2020
  4. I want to remove an account not mine from my PC.

Unable to remove my microsoft account from a linked pc

Hi Dave,

To help you with your concern in deleting your Microsoft account from a device, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you tried deleting your Microsoft account directly from the old laptop?
    • How did you go about removing the account from the old laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you create a new local account with admin rights first, then remove the current Microsoft account by following the steps on this

article

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Mar 15, 2020
Thema:

I want to remove an account not mine from my PC.

1. I want to remove an account not mine from my PC. - Similar Threads - remove account mine

2. If I remove the account from the PC are the files removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I remove the account from the PC are the files removed: I have 2 login accounts in my PC and I want to remove one of them. What happens to the files? Will they also be removed? If not, where will they be stored?...
  3. If I remove the account from the PC are the files removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I remove the account from the PC are the files removed: I have 2 login accounts in my PC and I want to remove one of them. What happens to the files? Will they also be removed? If not, where will they be stored?...
  4. I want to remove my account from Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove my account from Microsoft Edge: Even after I signed out and click on remove my account on Edge still keeps my information I want this list cleared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-my-account-from-microsoft-edge/82774232-d662-4f6b-a7a1-f6bf29dd55b6
  5. I want to remove my account from Microsoft Edge

I want to remove my account from Microsoft Edge: Even after I signed out and click on remove my account on Edge still keeps my information I want this list cleared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-my-account-from-microsoft-edge/82774232-d662-4f6b-a7a1-f6bf29dd55b6
  6. I want to remove my account from Microsoft Edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.: Hi! I want to remove my Microsoft account from a laptop, but I don't see a remove button anywhere. It's the admin account. Can I remove it just from the laptop?...
  8. I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.: Hi! I want to remove my Microsoft account from a laptop, but I don't see a remove button anywhere. It's the admin account. Can I remove it just from the laptop?...
  9. I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.

10. How to remove an account that isn't mine?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove an account that isn't mine?: So... my ex used to use my laptop for university from time to time. Her uni provides Office 365 on up to 5 computers. She signed in to her Microsoft account and downloaded some of the apps she was using that I wasn't. Now that we've split Windows keeps notifying me that I...