Windows 10: I want to remove an entry in my restery Win 64 bit pro

Discus and support I want to remove an entry in my restery Win 64 bit pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to remove this entry in Windows registry a I no longer use Chrome. Windows 10 64 bit pro IE 11 Registry\user\run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WalterW, Jul 7, 2017.

1. WalterW Win User

I want to remove an entry in my restery Win 64 bit pro

I want to remove this entry in Windows registry a I no longer use Chrome.
    Windows 10 64 bit pro IE 11

Registry\user\run

C:\users\walte\appdata\local\chromium\alpplication\chrome.exe—auto-launch-a

How can I do it?

Thanks, Walter

:)

WalterW, Jul 7, 2017

2. Install Win 10 Pro 32 bit on 64 bit Notebook

Please bear with me, as I try to explain my situation. When Win 8 Pro was first released, I purchased it directly from Microsoft, and they sent me two CDs; one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit, with both having the same Product key. I installed the 32-bit
    one on my desktop PC, which upgraded itself to Win 8.1. When Windows 10 Pro was released to market, I upgraded to that. So far, so good.

A few days ago I purchased an Asus Notebook with 64-bit architecture, and an OEM Win 10 Home version installed. I want to somehow change the notebook to Win 10 Pro, but don't want to spend the $200 to do so. And, logic tells me that I shouldn't try to
    install the Win 10 Pro 32-bit onto the 64-bit notebook. Where I bought the notebook, I asked if I could install the Win 8 Pro 64-bit onto the notebook, and was told no, I could not install a Windows version that is earlier than the existing one on the notebook.
    And, just for the record, if that had been a viable way to go, I was going to delete the Product key from the PC, so that it wouldn't be on two machines at once.

My worst case scenario would be to reformat the Asus, install the 64-bit Win 8 Pro, and then keep doing upgrades until I get to where I want to be.

What are my options here? The end result I want is for the Asus Notebook to run Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Gordon

Nodrogchavez, Jul 7, 2017
  3. Larrypa11 Win User
    Installing windows 10 pro 64 bit on new PC

I realize that can only update win 8.1 pro 32 bit to

win 10 pro 32 bit , which I have done on old PC

But is there is a way to do a clean install to win 10 pro 64 bit on new PC?

If I had bought win 8.1 pro 64 bit instead would this be the case that

I could do a clean install to win 10 pro 64 bit on new PC?

Unfortunately I thought I had to buy a 32 bit win 8 pro as had 32 bit Vista

but did not know I had a 64 bit CPU so I should have bought win 8.1 pro 64 bit instead. Since my new PC has 16G RAM I have to get the 64 bit version

or only access 3.2G RAM max.

Larrypa11, Jul 7, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

It really helps to know the complete registry area location or if you just want to know about folder, it should have deleted when you uninstalled Chrome. Personally I would keep Chrome installed, because it is way better than Edge or Internet Explorer. It is also a lot easier to secure to keep malware from trying to get through with Flash or Javascript. If it is just folders left over, just go in and delete them in explorer. HiJackThis can work, but you really need to back up your system, especially your registry in case something goes wrong.

bro67, Jul 7, 2017
  5. WalterW Win User
    The location in the registry is :-

HKEY_CURENT_USER
    Software
    Chromium

I have tried Edge, Mozilla, Chrome but I much prefer IE,

I have scanned my system or malware so there I none on my system.

Walter

WalterW, Jul 7, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Just remember that IE is going away with Edge taking its place. Firefox and Chrome are a lot more secure when it comes to being able to use tools to stop you from getting hit with payloads that can place Malware on your system.

bro67, Jul 8, 2017
  7. WalterW Win User
    I am sure that you are correct.

Can you please tell me how to remove the Chrome entry in the registry?

WalterW, Jul 8, 2017
  8. hawkman Win User

C:\users\walte\appdata\local\chromium\alpplication\chrome.exe—auto-launch-a

Its not a registry entry
    Its in the nomally hidden folderappdata,
    you can delete it from there NOT HKCU which is accessed by regedit

It will more than likely be recreated after you update Chrome

Roy

if you copy pasted it then i would go for malware it should read application not aLpplication

hawkman, Jul 8, 2017
  9. Eagle51 Win User
    Hi WalterW,
    Assuming you've already uninstalled Chrome and this is a left over registry entry. You can use Autoruns from MS to remove it. Just run the autoruns.exe (no installation required), click on the Logon Tab and look for the entry and uncheck it.

Just be careful with it *Smile
    Autoruns for Windows

Eagle51, Jul 8, 2017
  10. WalterW Win User
    Thank you, I will try the Autoruns programme.

Walter

WalterW, Jul 8, 2017
  11. Tpayne22 Win User
    Have you tried Winkey+r | Regedit |? If you know what you are doing it might be plausible to edit the entry. (@~@)? Not sure, I am a hardware type of person. So someone else with more experience than me might be able to explore this idea with you

Tpayne22, Jul 8, 2017
  12. WalterW Win User
    I looked on the MS site but I was unable to locate AUTORUNS.EXE, can you point me where I can download it.

Walter

WalterW, Jul 8, 2017
  13. CountMike New Member

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I want to remove an entry in my restery Win 64 bit pro - Similar Threads - remove entry restery

2. Win 10 pro. I wish to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 pro. I wish to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit: My HP Elitebook 8440p. I wish to upgrade from 32 bit win 10 pro to the 64 bit version to utilise extra memory just fitted.This OS was originally upgraded via Win 8.1.Hardware is suitable and I am signed on as Admin. I have downloaded the media creation tool from Microsoft Win...
  3. I want to update my 32 bit to 64 bits

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to update my 32 bit to 64 bits: i want to upgrade my pc to 64 bit but when i click setup it says THIS APP CANT RUN ON YOUR PC to find find a version for your pc, check with the software distributor how do i fix this...
  4. I want to update my computer to 64 bits

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to update my computer to 64 bits: I am trying to update my 32-bit windows 10 pro into a 64 bit and I tried it. but when I start the setup it said that this app can't run on your pc . is there a way to resolve this problem. :DD...
  5. Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading win 10 Home 64 bits to Win 10 64 bits Pro: I have a laptop with win10 Home 64 bits installed on it. I need t upgrade it to Win 10 Pro 64 bits. I have a digital Licence on my PC Pro 64 bits. I have already tried to upgrade my laptop with clean install but Microsoft does not give me any choice except buying the...
  6. want to upgrade my windows 10 pro from 32 bit to 64 bit.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    want to upgrade my windows 10 pro from 32 bit to 64 bit.: Sir, Recently, I upgraded my windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro. Presently my computer is running with 32 bit. Now I want to upgrade my computer from 32 to 64 bit. Can I upgrade it without losing my data. secondly, how can i upgrade it. Kindly advice. With regards,...
  7. CFS3 not installing on Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CFS3 not installing on Win 10 Pro 64-bit: I had CFS2 and CFS3 running on Win 10 after upgrading but I decided yesterday to do a clean-up and deleted all versions (stock, ETO, BoB, MAW, PTO, etc.). Now I can't get the installer to work much less solve the Compatibly issues once CFS3 is installed. I get a 0x000005...
  8. Win 10 Pro 64-bit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit: Since, in my 2 laborious (!) years of experience with Windows 10 Pro (64 bit) on the nicely-'appointed' desktop I built, it does not work as advertised, can I return it to MS and replace it Windows 7 Pro (64-bit which does work as advertised)? I thought I was being smart to...
  9. UAC Win 10 Pro 64 bit.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    UAC Win 10 Pro 64 bit.: Hi all, Good to be here. Somehow I have managed to mess up my only UAC (the hidden one in Command Prompt. It does show up on the login page but Account name is "NewUsername", Username is "Brian-HP/NewUsername" and it asks for a password. Which I cant find or remember as it...
  10. Latest Win 10 Pro 64-bit update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Latest Win 10 Pro 64-bit update: Is this the latest update version? It downloaded this a.m. I am not on the insider program [img] 43504