Windows 10: I want to remove Cortana from my computer

Discus and support I want to remove Cortana from my computer in Cortana to solve the problem; as above * Original title: I want to remove Cortana from my computer, don't give me advice or boring chit chat, just tell me how to remove this ****... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DB8080, Oct 22, 2019.

1. DB8080 Win User

I want to remove Cortana from my computer

as above

* Original title: I want to remove Cortana from my computer, don't give me advice or boring chit chat, just tell me how to remove this **** ****!

:)

DB8080, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Cortana's bug

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Cortana might have been hidden, you can enable Cortana by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on Cortana.
    2. Select the option Show search box or Show Cortana icon.

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana

NOTE: The last step in the article mentioned is to Reset the PC. Resetting the PC will remove the data and programs/applications installed on the computer. We suggest you to take a data backup if you want to reset the PC.

If the above steps didn’t help you fix the problem, reply to the following questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

1. I want to remove Cortana from my computer - Similar Threads - remove Cortana computer

2. I want to remove screenshot from my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to remove screenshot from my desktop: I want to keep the screenshots, just not on my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-screenshot-from-my-desktop/6943c9bf-3940-4e28-a050-c05a47d5628f
  3. I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.: Hi! I want to remove my Microsoft account from a laptop, but I don't see a remove button anywhere. It's the admin account. Can I remove it just from the laptop?...
  4. I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.: Hi! I want to remove my Microsoft account from a laptop, but I don't see a remove button anywhere. It's the admin account. Can I remove it just from the laptop?...
  5. I want to remove a Microsoft account from a computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. What Cortana-related files can I safely remove from my computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What Cortana-related files can I safely remove from my computer?: Before upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004 (my current OS), I had made some repeating reminders in Cortana and deleted them. They still showed up in Calendar long after, and now they're even showing up in the new Cortana, where she says I can only edit them in To Do--except...
  7. how to remove cortana from computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to remove cortana from computer: how do I remove cortana from my computer. It is useless and eats cycles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-cortana-from-computer/b1f594fd-6701-4393-be6e-5d53dc3eada9
  8. Remove cortana from this computer as it will never be used.

in Cortana
    Remove cortana from this computer as it will never be used.: Want to remove Cortana from my computer as it will never be used by me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-cortana-from-this-computer-as-it-will-never/94ae37e7-22bd-45fc-9c1c-6590b0913ebf"
  9. I want to remove linux from my computer and keep win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to remove linux from my computer and keep win 10: I would like to remove Linux from my computer and keep win 10. How can I easily do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-linux-from-my-computer-and-keep/8bd53f68-de99-4f33-9c6a-dda30b12e8e1
  10. Cortana is missing from my computer

in Cortana
    Cortana is missing from my computer: I initially had Cortana in my computer, but it is gone now. There is only a "search" option where "Cortana" should be, when I right click the task bar. I also only have a 3 bar icon when I open the Start menu, rather than the different icons including Cortana access. How...