Windows 10: I WANT TO REMOVE FILES

Discus and support I WANT TO REMOVE FILES in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; CAN WE REMOVE THE FOLLOWING temporary files FROM SETTINGS- PREVIOUS WINDOWS INSTALLATIONs WINDOWS UPDATE CLEANUP DELIEVERY OPTIMIZATION FILE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GINIMNARANG, May 8, 2020.

1. I WANT TO REMOVE FILES

CAN WE REMOVE THE FOLLOWING temporary files FROM SETTINGS-

PREVIOUS WINDOWS INSTALLATIONs

WINDOWS UPDATE CLEANUP

DELIEVERY OPTIMIZATION FILE

:)

GINIMNARANG, May 8, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 8, 2020
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, May 8, 2020
  4. corrywd Win User

I WANT TO REMOVE FILES

Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, May 8, 2020
Thema:

I WANT TO REMOVE FILES

1. I WANT TO REMOVE FILES - Similar Threads - REMOVE FILES

2. Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title...: I am moving from one website platform to another and the new website will not accept spaces or capitalized letters in the image titles.So i have to edit 10,000 image titles. They are all in the same format but they have spaces and 2 capitalized letters.I tried Power Rename...
  3. Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to make Universal edit to 10,000 image files on hard drive - remove spaces in title...: I am moving from one website platform to another and the new website will not accept spaces or capitalized letters in the image titles.So i have to edit 10,000 image titles. They are all in the same format but they have spaces and 2 capitalized letters.I tried Power Rename...
  4. Remove Cache files from system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Cache files from system: Hi Team,I have uploaded a organisation files to github repository from windows machine.Due to security reasons i have removed the repository from github portal but need to delete the same repository from windows cache. Please guide what is the process for deleting files from...
  5. Remove Cache files from system

Remove Cache files from system: Hi Team,I have uploaded a organisation files to github repository from windows machine.Due to security reasons i have removed the repository from github portal but need to delete the same repository from windows cache. Please guide what is the process for deleting files from...
  6. I donot want the font Vijaya and VijayaB in my system. How to remove the .ttf file from my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I donot want the font Vijaya and VijayaB in my system. How to remove the .ttf file from my...: I donot want the font Vijaya and VijayaB in my system. How to remove the .ttf file from my system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-donot-want-the-font-vijaya-and-vijayab-in-my/db1efe62-0ff7-4e3f-af54-d11fd9770286
  7. I donot want the font Vijaya and VijayaB in my system. How to remove the .ttf file from my...

I donot want the font Vijaya and VijayaB in my system. How to remove the .ttf file from my...: I donot want the font Vijaya and VijayaB in my system. How to remove the .ttf file from my system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-donot-want-the-font-vijaya-and-vijayab-in-my/db1efe62-0ff7-4e3f-af54-d11fd9770286
  8. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove a user but keep file tracking data: I would like to remove an employee but keep document tracking assigned to the employee in SharePoint for regulatory purposes. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Also, for departments with shared emails and drives, do you set up a group or use email aliases?Thank you in...
  9. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove a user but keep file tracking data: I would like to remove an employee but keep document tracking assigned to the employee in SharePoint for regulatory purposes. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Also, for departments with shared emails and drives, do you set up a group or use email aliases?Thank you in...
  10. how to remove a user but keep file tracking data