Windows 10: I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...

Discus and support I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have managed to remove my desktop and downloads folders from one drive by going to properties => locations tab and clicking restore default, but when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JGee_88, Jan 29, 2023.

1. JGee_88 Win User

I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...

I have managed to remove my desktop and downloads folders from one drive by going to properties => locations tab and clicking restore default, but when I try it for my documents folder and pictures folder, I get an error: Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that can't be redirected. Access is denied.I tried "unlinking this pc" with onedrive and I have now uninstalled one drive, but I still have this issue.Any suggestions?Thanks

:)

JGee_88, Jan 29, 2023
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 29, 2023
  4. I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...

One drive syncing Documents, Pictures and Desktop automatically

To disabling OneDrive sync, do the following:

Note: Before proceeding, copy the files in those special folders to another folder or external drive. Please don’t copy them anywhere under Desktop/Documents/Pictures. This is because disabling OneDrive backup for a folder erases the local copies of the files. Copying them to a different location beforehand will ensure that you don’t need to download them again from the OneDrive cloud.

1. Right-click the OneDrive icon in the Notification area and click Settings.
    2. Select the Backup tab, and click Manage Backup
    3. In the Manage folder backup dialog, click on the Stop backup link under the special folder (Desktop, Documents, or Pictures)
    4. Click Stop backup in the confirmation dialog that appears.
    5. Repeat the step for each shell folder you want to revert to the original location.
    See also: Back up your folders with OneDrive - Microsoft Support

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 29, 2023
Thema:

I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...

1. I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my... - Similar Threads - remove desktop pictures

2. I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive: When I attempt to take Desktop and Documents out of the OneDrive folder, they are not moved due to the fact that they are still in the process of syncing. I have tried everything. I've tried pausing syncing, selecting "Always keep folders on this device", everything that...
  3. I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't remove my Desktop and Documents folder from OneDrive: When I attempt to take Desktop and Documents out of the OneDrive folder, they are not moved due to the fact that they are still in the process of syncing. I have tried everything. I've tried pausing syncing, selecting "Always keep folders on this device", everything that...
  4. I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...

I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...: I have managed to remove my desktop and downloads folders from one drive by going to properties => locations tab and clicking restore default, but when I try it for my documents folder and pictures folder, I get an error: Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the...
  5. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  6. Can I move my Desktop, Picture and Document folders from an External drive back to My PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move my Desktop, Picture and Document folders from an External drive back to My PC: Hi, I moved my folders from OneDrive to an external drive, now I find my Desktop, Pictures and Documents folders are stored on the external drive rather than on My PC. Can I move them back to My PC? I am using Windows 11 on an Acer Aspire 5 laptop. Thank you...
  7. Can I move my Desktop, Picture and Document folders from an External drive back to My PC

Can I move my Desktop, Picture and Document folders from an External drive back to My PC: Hi, I moved my folders from OneDrive to an external drive, now I find my Desktop, Pictures and Documents folders are stored on the external drive rather than on My PC. Can I move them back to My PC? I am using Windows 11 on an Acer Aspire 5 laptop. Thank you...
  8. Documents folder has removed itself from desktop to my flash drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder has removed itself from desktop to my flash drive.: My Documents folder has been transferred to my flash drive. I no longer have it in my task bar or on the bottom of my screen. How do I get it back on my desktop?...
  9. i want to remove the desktop from one drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    i want to remove the desktop from one drive: i do not want my desktop to be in one drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-the-desktop-from-one-drive/079ad03b-8b64-4b26-aa33-c1e721bdc126
  10. My Pictures and Documents folder are in my Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Pictures and Documents folder are in my Downloads folder: I seem to have duplication of folders. Under "This PC" I have a normal looking folder structure and clicking on those folders takes me to the appropriate files. For example: "This PC > Documents" has "Acrobat, Adobe, and AirDroid" as the first three folders. If i navigate to...