Windows 10: I want to remove password protection from login, after sleep

Discus and support I want to remove password protection from login, after sleep in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello I've Acer Aspire E15 with Windows 10. I want to remove my password protection from login page. also want to remove password security after sleep... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Karan Gurjar, Jul 23, 2020.

1. I want to remove password protection from login, after sleep

Hello I've Acer Aspire E15 with Windows 10. I want to remove my password protection from login page.

also want to remove password security after sleep or restart.

please help me out asap...

:)

Karan Gurjar, Jul 23, 2020

2. I want to remove password protection from login, after sleep

Hello I've Acer Aspire E15 with Windows 10. I want to remove my password protection from login page.

also want to remove password security after sleep or restart.

please help me out asap...

Karan Gurjar, Aug 3, 2020
  3. hpu420 Win User
    Can't remove sleep password protection

I don't really take my Book (i5, no dGPU) out of the house. So I don't want it password protected. I removed the requirement for a password on start-up just fine. But it still requires the password after it's in sleep for a while. I can change it to one
    of the other options and it works as it should, but when it's set to 'Never', it still requires it. Any suggestions?

hpu420, Aug 3, 2020
  4. I want to remove password protection from login, after sleep

Can't remove sleep password protection

Hi,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Are you trying to Login through Local account or Microsoft account?

2) When you say when it's set to 'Never', are you referring to Sleep mode time out option?

3) What is the make and model of your computer?

If you have set, sleep mode time out option to Never then the system will never get into sleep mode.

I suggest you to try changing the Wake up password setting through Power option and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1) Type setting in the search area on the task bar and select
    Settings.

2) Select System option.

3) Select Power and Sleep form the left panel of system window.

4) Select Addtional Power setting.

5) Select Require a password on wake up from the left panel.

4) Under Password protection on wake up, select
    Don’t require a password

5) If Don’t require a password option is grayed out then, click on
    Change setting that are currently Unavailable. After that select
    Don’t require a password.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

I want to remove password protection from login, after sleep

1. I want to remove password protection from login, after sleep - Similar Threads - remove password protection

2. How to remove Windows 11 Password Login, I want to make it so that no password is needed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows 11 Password Login, I want to make it so that no password is needed.: I am trying to setup my new HP LAPTOP and it asked to create Windows 11 - Hello PIN, I didn't want to have the pin but there was no option to skip it.Then after the setup the Laptop started up and I went to SETTINGS> ACCOUNTS> SIGN-IN OPTIONS> WINDOWS HELLO PIN>...
  3. How to remove Windows 11 Password Login, I want to make it so that no password is needed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Windows 11 Password Login, I want to make it so that no password is needed.: I am trying to setup my new HP LAPTOP and it asked to create Windows 11 - Hello PIN, I didn't want to have the pin but there was no option to skip it.Then after the setup the Laptop started up and I went to SETTINGS> ACCOUNTS> SIGN-IN OPTIONS> WINDOWS HELLO PIN>...
  4. How to Remove Password from a Protected Excel File?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Password from a Protected Excel File?: Hello Community,I'm currently facing a challenge with a password-protected Excel file version 2019 that I need to access. Unfortunately, the password has been lost and I am unable to open the file.I am aware of the importance of password protection and the implications of...
  5. How to Remove Password from a Protected Excel File?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Remove Password from a Protected Excel File?: Hello Community,I'm currently facing a challenge with a password-protected Excel file version 2019 that I need to access. Unfortunately, the password has been lost and I am unable to open the file.I am aware of the importance of password protection and the implications of...
  6. I want to change from a pin login to a password.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to change from a pin login to a password.: When I go to settings and click on Sign in Options I do not see the PIN REMOVE option.Please respond to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. James Bennett...
  7. I want to remove writing protection on a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to remove writing protection on a folder: I have a bit of music i just sent over to my computer and now i want to change metadata like the album art, name what artist made the song and so on, it says that i need to try again and that it doesent know what is wrong im using Grove Music. I believe that the writing...
  8. I do not want a login password !

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not want a login password !: How do I login without a password !!! I do not want one - at all. This is ridiculous. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-do-not-want-a-login-password/46a9a6c0-5a9f-463a-a91d-283a35dec628
  9. Remove Password Protect

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove Password Protect: Don't want to have to use my password to sign in every time when I'm the only one using it...it's a pain to say the least. To make it worse I can't even enter my password if I wanted to because it won't accept any letters in that field. What I have to do is "reset" every time...
  10. password protection login query

in Windows 10 Support
    password protection login query: Windows 10 home version 1803......to take me from the start-up screen (lock screen) to put my password in before this update all I had to do was hit any key.....now only by left clicking my touchpad does it enable me to login......any way of resetting to the way it was...