Windows 10: I want to remove search box

Discus and support I want to remove search box in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It is annoying, the search box in Word has appeared recently, which I don’t use. So I want to remove it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by karolina16ro, Nov 20, 2019.

1. I want to remove search box

It is annoying, the search box in Word has appeared recently, which I don’t use. So I want to remove it.

:)

karolina16ro, Nov 20, 2019

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Nov 20, 2019
  4. I want to remove search box

Search Box

Hi Aliya,

I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Right click on Start and select Control panel.
    • Find troubleshooting and click on it.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.
    I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

I want to remove search box

1. I want to remove search box - Similar Threads - remove search box

2. Remove search box/bar in W10 explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove search box/bar in W10 explorer: Hello Windows community. I come to you after having installed W10 for the 1st time. Despite its W7 appearance due to custom themes and stuff, it's a W10. While I'm not done with installation, and still refining things here and there, there's one annoying thing I couldn't get...
  3. Remove search box/bar in W10 explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove search box/bar in W10 explorer: Hello Windows community. I come to you after having installed W10 for the 1st time. Despite its W7 appearance due to custom themes and stuff, it's a W10. While I'm not done with installation, and still refining things here and there, there's one annoying thing I couldn't get...
  4. Remove search box/bar in W10 explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Why does autohide taskbar remove the box from search box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does autohide taskbar remove the box from search box?: Basically title. When auto-hide taskbar is on the search icon on taskbar doesnt have a search box, but when auto-hide is off the box shows up.Autohide on/off:...
  6. Why does autohide taskbar remove the box from search box?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does autohide taskbar remove the box from search box?: Basically title. When auto-hide taskbar is on the search icon on taskbar doesnt have a search box, but when auto-hide is off the box shows up.Autohide on/off:...
  7. Removeal of the top search bar/box .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removeal of the top search bar/box .: Still cannot remove the top search bar/box . Instructions given do not work, I have a Dell computer. Can will someone please help and me remove this ungainly top search bar*moved from Community Participation Center...
  8. search box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    search box: Search box at bottom of screen not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box/222af729-a72c-4d66-b2d8-114ee4d73ea6
  9. How do I remove the extended search box

in Cortana
    How do I remove the extended search box: How do i remove the bar highlighted in the red box? This only happens on my new PC (installed windows a week ago) and does not happen on my old PC. [ATTACH]...
  10. Add or Remove Search Glyph in Search Box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Search Glyph in Search Box in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Search Glyph in Search Box in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Search Glyph in Search Box in Windows 10 Searching from your taskbar makes it easier for you to search the web and Windows. Starting with Windows 10 build 14946, you can add or remove...