Windows 10: i want to remove the desktop from one drive

Discus and support i want to remove the desktop from one drive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i do not want my desktop to be in one drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by joannemarti, Apr 28, 2019.

1. i want to remove the desktop from one drive

i do not want my desktop to be in one drive

:)

joannemarti, Apr 28, 2019
  2. borate Win User

DESKTOP lists removable drives

In File Explorer, removable media such as card readers, USB drives, etc. are listed under the DESKTOP hierarchy.

They were not in prior Windows versions.

Do others see this? Can they be hidden under that Desktop branch, as the dupe listings are confusing.

W10 vers 1511.

borate, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 28, 2019
  4. borate Win User

i want to remove the desktop from one drive

DESKTOP lists removable drives

In the image of the Desktop folder (from File Explorer), note that USB/removable drives E, G, and K are shown.

I understand that certain folders can be hidden, but that's not the intent.

This is what the Desktop folder looks like in Windows 10. The THIS PC folder additionally lists the optical drives.

i want to remove the desktop from one drive 84955e2b-cdaa-491e-8f82-2086e3ef3826.jpg

Here it is in W7 - same machine, same peripherals. Note that the Desktop folder shows no USB/removable drives.

The COMPUTER folder in W7 - which appears to be renamed to THIS PC in Windows 10 - does contain all the drives.

i want to remove the desktop from one drive bfb79414-afae-46ce-9782-45caa5fe2bc8.jpg

borate, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

i want to remove the desktop from one drive

1. i want to remove the desktop from one drive - Similar Threads - remove desktop drive

2. I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.: Can't figure out how to just move the file so it doesn't stay on desktop. Trying my best to learn to use the newest Office. I got lost back about 3 years ago and switched to Google. Trying to move back and it is overwhelming and reduces my productivity to nothing....
  3. I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to move files from desktop to One Drive.: Can't figure out how to just move the file so it doesn't stay on desktop. Trying my best to learn to use the newest Office. I got lost back about 3 years ago and switched to Google. Trying to move back and it is overwhelming and reduces my productivity to nothing....
  4. Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop: I have a folder called One Drive on my desktop. I right clicked it to delete it from the desktop and it began deleting my one drive files. I stopped it then had to go back and recover the files from the deleted items folder that is in one drive. I have the one drive icon on...
  5. Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop

Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop: I have a folder called One Drive on my desktop. I right clicked it to delete it from the desktop and it began deleting my one drive files. I stopped it then had to go back and recover the files from the deleted items folder that is in one drive. I have the one drive icon on...
  6. Remove One Drive Icon from Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...: I have managed to remove my desktop and downloads folders from one drive by going to properties => locations tab and clicking restore default, but when I try it for my documents folder and pictures folder, I get an error: Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the...
  8. I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...

I want to remove my desktop, pictures, downloads, documents from one drive folder on my...: I have managed to remove my desktop and downloads folders from one drive by going to properties => locations tab and clicking restore default, but when I try it for my documents folder and pictures folder, I get an error: Can't move the folder because there is a folder in the...
  9. I want to remove screenshot from my desktop

I want to remove screenshot from my desktop: I want to keep the screenshots, just not on my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-screenshot-from-my-desktop/6943c9bf-3940-4e28-a050-c05a47d5628f
  10. Two desktops. Want to remove one of them

in Windows 10 Support
    Two desktops. Want to remove one of them: Hello. I have HUAWEI MateBook X. My problem is that I have TWO different desktops. So long story short, when I bought the laptop I had OneDrive installed on it. I thought that the 2nd desktop was connected to it in order to transfer files to the cloud because the path to that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove desktop from onedrive

2. how to remove desktop from onedrive

3. how to remove desktop from one drive

4. removing desktop from one drive,
  5. delete one drive wallpaper,
  6. disconnect desktop from one drive,
  7. remove desktop folder from onedrive,
  8. how to remove desktop backup from one drive,
  9. remove desktop fron one drive,
  10. desktop one drive removal,
  11. remove desktop from One Drive,