Windows 10: I want to remove the entire feature (ahem): "files ready to be burned to the disk"

Discus and support I want to remove the entire feature (ahem): "files ready to be burned to the disk" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; For the last maybe 17 years I've been annoyed by the existence of the "files ready to be burned to the disk" displayed in a window I've opened. I NEVER... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Flak88, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Flak88 Win User

I want to remove the entire feature (ahem): "files ready to be burned to the disk"

For the last maybe 17 years I've been annoyed by the existence of the "files ready to be burned to the disk" displayed in a window I've opened. I NEVER use the Windows native ability to burn CD/DVDs (I use 3rd party software that is way more capable). It's wasted screen space and I don't want the listing to even appear when I open a drive/folder window on my PC.

Further, as a techy, I find it curious that the files put in the listing are NEVER files I would consider worth burning to disk. They are almost always system files, often hidden (which I see as I have hidden files turned off). "desktop.ini", "log" files and the like. I note the dates of the files are rarely even in the current week. I can delete them but they often reappear.

:)

Flak88, Aug 23, 2019
  2. TimSnider Win User

Windows 7 Pro, DVD/CD drive stuck with "Files ready to burn to disk" mode.

Step 1: I can insert a CD in drive and it read the contents.

Step 2: I remove CD from drive

Step 3: I insert a DVD -R disk and go through the wizard "option for Creating a Mastered" disk

Step 4: I get to the "files ready to write to disk blank window"

Step 5: I open a second Windows explorer window and highlight photos and drag them to the "files waiting to be written" window.

Step 6: I press Burn disk

Step 7: DVD burns files and closes window. Disk Ejects.

Step 8: I close Both File Explorer windows

Step 9: I open new File explorer window and push in the DVD disk I just burned.

Step 10: I click on the DVD drive, it spins shows no data, window shows "files waiting to be burned" blank screen.

Step 11: I double click on the drive icon and the disk ejects. I reinsert to be presented with same "files waiting to be burned".

Step 12: I eject the DVD and insert a CD and still presented with "files waiting to be burned" Will not display contents nor autoplay... Not even Music disk.

Step 13: I open Device Manager, find DVD burner, Remove it, right click an scan for changes, DVD drive is found and reinstalls

Step 14: I repeat inserting music disk, autoplay prompts, I insert the DVD that I burned and it now "reads the contents"... Drive behaves normally until I burn another DVD.. Then I have to repeat this process to get the drive to read contents of disk's..

Buggy driver or Windows burning software is buggy that after burning, will not release the "files waiting to burn" window.

TimSnider, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Files waiting to be burned on disk error

Hello,

As you want to remove the notification for "Files waiting to be burned", I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open This PC.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Temporary Burn Folder
    • Delete the files preset in the above location and check for status.

Note: This will delete the files which have been selected to burn on CD/DVD.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 23, 2019
  4. I want to remove the entire feature (ahem): "files ready to be burned to the disk"

Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

I want to remove the entire feature (ahem): "files ready to be burned to the disk"

1. I want to remove the entire feature (ahem): "files ready to be burned to the disk" - Similar Threads - remove entire feature

2. Want to burn cd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to burn cd: Assistance to burn a CD from my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-burn-cd/46f17074-85a4-478e-922f-42ca5bef6ebd
  3. How to remove of "Your File Is Ready To Download" disk image file .iso file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove of "Your File Is Ready To Download" disk image file .iso file: So there is this one disk file I have called "Your File Is Ready To Download". No need to explain, I know what it is. I just don't know how to delete it. File right here.I've looked on the web for ways like using things like Malwarebytes are not working. Or at least I'm...
  4. Files are waiting to be burned to disk.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are waiting to be burned to disk.: I have added some files to my DVD then I took it out without burning the files, then I put my DVD on two other computers and the files that I put before appeared normally but it kept asking me to burn the files on the two other computers, what does that mean? and are my files...
  5. I WANT TO REMOVE FILES

I WANT TO REMOVE FILES: CAN WE REMOVE THE FOLLOWING temporary files FROM SETTINGS- PREVIOUS WINDOWS INSTALLATIONs WINDOWS UPDATE CLEANUP DELIEVERY OPTIMIZATION FILE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-remove-files/a530b699-0c13-4ef9-8472-75cf64f402ec
  6. burning files to an optical disk

burning files to an optical disk: I have some 18GB of pictures I want to burn to my Blu Ray drive. I opened the folder where they are stored on my NAS and selected all with Ctrl-A, and then clicked on Send To F:. The computer took about 10 min and then began badgering me with messages that there are files...
  7. burn to disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    burn to disk: How do I burn data to a dvd without formatting the dvd. I am looking for how to override the apparent default and just burn the data to the dvd. Windows 10 tries to format the dvd and renders the disk unusable in the process. Please repair the burn to disk feature as this is...
  8. Files ready to be written to disk Message

Files ready to be written to disk Message: I have read other questions on here regarding the same thing, but haven't found one to address this. They all say 1. Click Start. 2. Click on Computer. 3. Click on CD/DVD drive. 4. If you have any data, you may delete it. HOWEVER, I don't want...
  9. I want to burn Movies to a DVD+R disk.

I want to burn Movies to a DVD+R disk.: I want to burn Movies to a DVD+R disk. My computer oesn't recognize the disk and suggests I format it. When I tried I was told it will make my compter stop. I have Windows 10 fully updated...
  10. Burning to a disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning to a disk: Could someone recommend a simple programme to burn a file to a disk as finally given up trying to understand Win 10's instructions which are beyond useless. Tried next to download one which came with a free virus, now gone, so anything tried and trusted would now be most...