Windows 10: I want to remove the password when my computer starts. No one goes near it and it's...

Discus and support I want to remove the password when my computer starts. No one goes near it and it's... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; No one uses my computer and it stays at home. There is no reason for me to have to type in a password. How can I remove this feature please?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RANDYIS51, Nov 5, 2018.

1. RANDYIS51 Win User

I want to remove the password when my computer starts. No one goes near it and it's...

No one uses my computer and it stays at home. There is no reason for me to have to type in a password. How can I remove this feature please?

:)

RANDYIS51, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Isha Soni Win User

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Password at computer start

Hi,

If your settings on Require Sign-In has been set to Never. You can check if the steps below will resolve your concern:

• Type netplwiz on Cortana’s search bar.
    • Choose the top result to run the command.
    • Remove the check mark on Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Enter your login credentials.
    • Click OK to save the changes.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your concern.

Arthur Rui, Nov 5, 2018
  4. I want to remove the password when my computer starts. No one goes near it and it's...

OK, Password problem...Mint

Reset forgotten/lost main user password in Linux Mint - Linux Mint Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

I want to remove the password when my computer starts. No one goes near it and it's...

1. I want to remove the password when my computer starts. No one goes near it and it's... - Similar Threads - remove password computer

2. ONE DRIVE-I want it TOTALLY OFF/and IN of my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ONE DRIVE-I want it TOTALLY OFF/and IN of my computer: ONE DRIVE-can't get rid of it and it is holding my genealogy program hostage to One Drive. I originally downloaded the "free" version and One Drive just started uploading photos and documents and of course, after the 1st free 15 GB....I received message to pay money to get...
  3. When I enter my password on my computer it goes to a blank grey screen the says sign into a...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When I enter my password on my computer it goes to a blank grey screen the says sign into a...: There isn’t anything to add https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-enter-my-password-on-my-computer-it-goes-to/7364fd8b-b4bb-4d52-a0f2-8ee8f05eb65e
  4. When I enter my password on my computer it goes to a blank grey screen the says sign into a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I enter my password on my computer it goes to a blank grey screen the says sign into a...: There isn’t anything to add https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-enter-my-password-on-my-computer-it-goes-to/7364fd8b-b4bb-4d52-a0f2-8ee8f05eb65e
  5. When I enter my password on my computer it goes to a blank grey screen the says sign into a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Computer asking which OS I want to use when starting the computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer asking which OS I want to use when starting the computer: Long back story I'll make short. A program I tried to use lodged itself in the boot menu like it was an OS. It's not. The company helped me get rid of that so everything there is fine. But when I start the computer I still get a screen asking me which OS I want to use. Only...
  7. I use my computer infrequently and when i turn it on i do not want to put in a password to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I use my computer infrequently and when i turn it on i do not want to put in a password to...: I to access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-use-my-computer-infrequently-and-when-i-turn-it/b1d415ac-1141-42dc-add1-a5a9be82fd80
  8. I want No Password when I turn on the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want No Password when I turn on the computer: All I want is for it to not ask for a password and I want to remove the lock screen all together. The stupid lock screen comes on after a few minutes. I want my screen saver to come on, not the lock screen asking me for my password. I already went to netplwiz user accounts...
  9. I want to remove Cortana from my computer

in Cortana
    I want to remove Cortana from my computer: as above * Original title: I want to remove Cortana from my computer, don't give me advice or boring chit chat, just tell me how to remove this **** ****!...
  10. I want to switch off the password requirement when I switch on my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to switch off the password requirement when I switch on my computer: I just got a new computer and it requires me to sign in with a password every time I power on, I want to be able to use my own stuff in my own home without needing passwords to switch on and off. Nobody else is going to be near my stuff....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove windows 10 password login

2. turn off passwords in windows 7