Windows 10: I want to remove the User's Folder from the Desktop for ALL Windows 10 users

Discus and support I want to remove the User's Folder from the Desktop for ALL Windows 10 users in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to remove the User's Folder from the Desktop for ALL Windows 10 users I have seen Registry entries that supposedly do this, but they seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by phillipsloan, Feb 23, 2021.

1. I want to remove the User's Folder from the Desktop for ALL Windows 10 users

I want to remove the User's Folder from the Desktop for ALL Windows 10 users

I have seen Registry entries that supposedly do this, but they seem to take effect for only the logged in user.

Under Windows 7, these registry changes took affect for all users, but under Windows 10, they do not seem to take affect for all users.

How can I remove he User's Folder from the Desktop for ALL Windows 10 users ???

There are group policy items to remove This PC, Recycle Bin, and Network, but not the User's Folder.

Please help.

Thanks

:)

phillipsloan, Feb 23, 2021

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    I want to remove the User's Folder from the Desktop for ALL Windows 10 users 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Feb 23, 2021
  4. I want to remove the User's Folder from the Desktop for ALL Windows 10 users

Desktop and user folder merging

Hi,

There are different ways for you to recover the previous folder settings on your computer. One of these is by following the steps below to organize and relocate your desktop or user folder.

• Press Windows key + E to launch File Explorer.
    • Right-click on the special folder that you want to restore (Desktop).
    • Then select Properties.
    • Navigate to the Location tab.
    • Click Restore Default.
    • Then click Apply to save the changes.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

I want to remove the User's Folder from the Desktop for ALL Windows 10 users

1. I want to remove the User's Folder from the Desktop for ALL Windows 10 users - Similar Threads - remove User's Folder

2. How to safely remove user folder from desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to safely remove user folder from desktop?: Hello,I've recently upgraded my graphics card GTX 2080 to a 3070 after my last one died. I've now noticed that there is a folder with my name on it sitting on my desktop. When I open it up, it holds all the same files that my user file does on my C drive. If I go to my users...
  3. How to safely remove user folder from desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to safely remove user folder from desktop?: Hello,I've recently upgraded my graphics card GTX 2080 to a 3070 after my last one died. I've now noticed that there is a folder with my name on it sitting on my desktop. When I open it up, it holds all the same files that my user file does on my C drive. If I go to my users...
  4. How to remove a user folder from desktop

How to remove a user folder from desktop: Hello,After updating my windows to the newest version, a desktop icon was created with the folder which is normally found in C:\UsersThis folder cannot be manually deleted. How can I remove it? Note that the same folder is also found in C:\Users but the one in desktop is not...
  5. How to remove a user folder from desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove a user folder from desktop: Hello,After updating my windows to the newest version, a desktop icon was created with the folder which is normally found in C:\UsersThis folder cannot be manually deleted. How can I remove it? Note that the same folder is also found in C:\Users but the one in desktop is not...
  6. Windows 10: Who to remove 'This PC' and 'User' folder liks from desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Who to remove 'This PC' and 'User' folder liks from desktop: Hi... by basic question is in the title.Fully question:I have a new Windows 10 System, and it came with 'This PC' and [My] 'User' folder sitting on the desktop.From my POV, these are just desktop clutter that I would never use, so I wanted to remove them.At first I thought...
  7. Windows 10: Who to remove 'This PC' and 'User' folder liks from desktop

Windows 10: Who to remove 'This PC' and 'User' folder liks from desktop: Hi... by basic question is in the title.Fully question:I have a new Windows 10 System, and it came with 'This PC' and [My] 'User' folder sitting on the desktop.From my POV, these are just desktop clutter that I would never use, so I wanted to remove them.At first I thought...
  8. Windows 10: Who to remove 'This PC' and 'User' folder liks from desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Browsers and Email
    Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users: Hi Experts, I am working on creating a image for windows 10 20H2 using native method, in this one of the requirement is remove edge browser shortcut from desktop. before i used below mentioned registry changes and it worked. "reg add...
  10. Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users

in Browsers and Email
    Unpin or remove Edge shortcut from desktop for all users: Hi Experts, I am working on creating a image for windows 10 20H2 using native method, in this one of the requirement is remove edge browser shortcut from desktop. before i used below mentioned registry changes and it worked. "reg add...