Windows 10: I want to remove these keyboard layouts

Discus and support I want to remove these keyboard layouts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone,As you can see from this picture, I currently have 4 different keyboard layouts, and I would love to only keep one English UK,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wpfr, Jun 9, 2023.

1. wpfr Win User

I want to remove these keyboard layouts

Hello everyone,As you can see from this picture, I currently have 4 different keyboard layouts, and I would love to only keep one English UK, german.However, there is absolutely nothing in the Settings > Languages & Region where I can delete these layouts.Also, I would love to delete one windows display language, as I have two and I only need one.How could I do that without reinstalling W11 and potentially losing the stuff that was already installed on it its an MSI laptop, so I'd like to keep the MSI center and all of the rest that came with it.Thank you for your help.

:)

wpfr, Jun 9, 2023
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 9, 2023
  3. ish4d0w Win User
    how to remove keyboard layout?

Hi,

For some unknown reasons I have this african (???) keyboard layout added to the keyboard switcher list. I don't want it. How can I remove it?
    Thanks!
    EDIT: To clarify this: I have never added this layout, and it is not present in the list at the settings pane.

I want to remove these keyboard layouts 355168d1639912806t-how-remove-keyboard-layout-keyb.png

ish4d0w, Jun 9, 2023
  4. RQT
    rqt Win User

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

Thema:

1. I want to remove these keyboard layouts - Similar Threads - remove keyboard layouts

2. I want to remove these keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to remove these keyboard layouts: Hello everyone,As you can see from this picture, I currently have 4 different keyboard layouts, and I would love to only keep one English UK, german.However, there is absolutely nothing in the Settings > Languages & Region where I can delete these layouts.Also, I would love...
  3. Remove keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove keyboard layout: I changed temporary the System Locale under Region settings, and now there are two keyboard layouts under Input methods indicator in task bar along with my native Greek layout: English United States and English United Kingdom. I I've tried to remove the later from Settings >...
  4. Remove keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove keyboard layout: I changed temporary the System Locale under Region settings, and now there are two keyboard layouts under Input methods indicator in task bar along with my native Greek layout: English United States and English United Kingdom. I I've tried to remove the later from Settings >...
  5. remove keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    remove keyboard layout: How do I remove English keyboard layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-keyboard-layout/4ad2eaaa-75a6-4ed3-86be-533ae5710e3b
  6. remove keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remove keyboard layout: How do I remove English keyboard layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-keyboard-layout/4ad2eaaa-75a6-4ed3-86be-533ae5710e3b
  7. remove keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I can't remove a layout keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't remove a layout keyboard: Hi all, I have installed Windows 10 pro "English US" as regional setting except keyboard layout that is set to Italian because I have a keyboard with italian layout. When I press Shift + CTRL my system switch to "US layout". I have tried to remove it but i can't find it. In...
  9. I want to remove the "English (India)" keyboard, I am used to the US layout and don't want...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to remove the "English (India)" keyboard, I am used to the US layout and don't want...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alterexolol [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hnckt4/i_want_to_remove_the_english_india_keyboard_i_am/
  10. I want to remove keyboard layouts that I am not using

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to remove keyboard layouts that I am not using: I have different keyboard layouts installed, including English United States Spanish, English United States Latin America, English United States US. I don’t need so many keyboards for English and want to remove them...