Windows 10: I want to reset my laptop, but I'm scared that that usual thing will happen. When it takes...

Discus and support I want to reset my laptop, but I'm scared that that usual thing will happen. When it takes... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Help submitted by /u/BxAs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcugsx/i_want_to_reset_my_laptop_but_im_scared_that_that/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BxAs, Oct 17, 2020.

1. /u/BxAs Win User

I want to reset my laptop, but I'm scared that that usual thing will happen. When it takes...

/u/BxAs, Oct 17, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Clem Win User
    Multiple Issues After Resetting Laptop

Hi,

I recently reset my laptop and since then I've been experiencing a whole host of issues:

• Windows search bar doesn't work
    • Shop app won't open
    • Won't allow me to change location settings
    • Clock/calendar on my toolbar is unresponsive when I click on it

Any ideas what the problem might be, please? Advice / suggestions are very much appreciated!

Cheers,

4. n-ster Win User

I want to reset my laptop, but I'm scared that that usual thing will happen. When it takes...

n-ster, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. I want to reset my laptop, but I'm scared that that usual thing will happen. When it takes... - Similar Threads - reset laptop I'm

2. It's 3pm and my laptop says 11am that's usually what happens when someone is in my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's 3pm and my laptop says 11am that's usually what happens when someone is in my laptop: I think I'm being hacked now. I put it on airplane mode, what else should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-3pm-and-my-laptop-says-11am-thats-usually-what/d7acdd5d-9539-4a34-bea5-9d0e1f6d1c9a
  3. It's 3pm and my laptop says 11am that's usually what happens when someone is in my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It's 3pm and my laptop says 11am that's usually what happens when someone is in my laptop: I think I'm being hacked now. I put it on airplane mode, what else should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/its-3pm-and-my-laptop-says-11am-thats-usually-what/d7acdd5d-9539-4a34-bea5-9d0e1f6d1c9a
  4. I'm scared of shutting down my laptop now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm scared of shutting down my laptop now: Sorry but I'm really scare of shutting down my laptop now.I just started upgrading my windows from 10 to 11 through a Tik Tok I saw, they say to head to the official websites and download I did it and it worked, perfectly fine as of anything though it's true that takes a long...
  5. I'm scared of shutting down my laptop now

I'm scared of shutting down my laptop now: Sorry but I'm really scare of shutting down my laptop now.I just started upgrading my windows from 10 to 11 through a Tik Tok I saw, they say to head to the official websites and download I did it and it worked, perfectly fine as of anything though it's true that takes a long...
  6. I want to reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to reset my laptop: I want to reset my laptop because of some issuesSecurity Intelligence Updates are not installing and Defender shows Engine Unavailable.Also McAfee is not working and after uninstalling it,it left many files which aren't deleting neither manually nor via MCPR. So Should I...
  7. I want to reset my laptop

I want to reset my laptop: I want to reset my laptop because of some issuesSecurity Intelligence Updates are not installing and Defender shows Engine Unavailable.Also McAfee is not working and after uninstalling it,it left many files which aren't deleting neither manually nor via MCPR. So Should I...
  8. accident sign in I'm scared

in Windows 10 Customization
    accident sign in I'm scared: so I tried Microsoft remote, and I accidentally entered wrong host name, is there a way to remove my account? My brother accidentally messed me up Incorrect thing we got: Hugo Does my sign in stay on that computer until removed?...
  9. I opened my laptop and this happened. No key works, and I am scared.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I opened my laptop and this happened. No key works, and I am scared.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/YesILikePizza [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbcy13/i_opened_my_laptop_and_this_happened_no_key_works/
  10. Wired thing happen to my LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wired thing happen to my LAPTOP: Hi, I shutdown my computer and replaced Its battery with another one and powered ON my laptop. System Immediately came to log In screen with out any BOOT UP. Is this possible ? I am using DELL INSPIRON 5558 laptop and my OS is windows 10. I tried to repeat It again by...