Windows 10: I want to reset my PC, but I also want to keep both my files and the apps I have installed

Discus and support I want to reset my PC, but I also want to keep both my files and the apps I have installed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My main goal is to reset my PC settings back to factory default, however I don't know how to back both my files and my apps. Please help. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wormant1, Apr 4, 2020.

1. I want to reset my PC, but I also want to keep both my files and the apps I have installed

My main goal is to reset my PC settings back to factory default, however I don't know how to back both my files and my apps. Please help.

submitted by /u/wormant1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wormant1, Apr 4, 2020

2. missing apps after reset to the PC

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have lost some apps after performing a reset to your PC. We will help you.

• Are you not able to access the Windows store?
    Before performing reset ensure you must have to select
    Keep my files. It will do the following,

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)
    So as you have performed the reset to your PC the apps are missing. We suggest you to download the applications again and check if it helps.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 4, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 4, 2020
  4. I want to reset my PC, but I also want to keep both my files and the apps I have installed

I lost the Windows DVD Player app after I Reset this PC in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to re-install the Windows DVD player app?
    • Have you tried to install the KB update for DVD player app?

I would like to inform that if you perform Reset on your PC, it:

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Hence, you will have to install all the updates and apps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install the KB3081704 update for DVD player app if not yet tried and check
    if it helps.

For more information refer to: Windows DVD Player

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

1. Connect to the internet.

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

I want to reset my PC, but I also want to keep both my files and the apps I have installed

1. I want to reset my PC, but I also want to keep both my files and the apps I have installed - Similar Threads - reset keep both

2. i want to reset my password i also forget my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to reset my password i also forget my password: Dear Team, i would like to inform that i forget my password of win11 pro lenovo laptop so please reset my password as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-password-i-also-forget-my/95ed1f4f-ac05-4d94-824a-d8b5e841e91d
  3. i want to reset my password i also forget my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to reset my password i also forget my password: Dear Team, i would like to inform that i forget my password of win11 pro lenovo laptop so please reset my password as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-password-i-also-forget-my/95ed1f4f-ac05-4d94-824a-d8b5e841e91d
  4. I want to factory reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to factory reset my pc: Ive tried literlly everything and this is making me so sad. My SFC and DISM don't work and i cant fix them.I cant reset my PC cause there are corrupt files and i cant fix the corrupt files.I cant do any updates, or fix anything cause the things that fixes things doesn't...
  5. i want to reset my pc

i want to reset my pc: Hello .I want to reset my pc but I want to keep the activation key for windows. can I do that? how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-pc/7432319a-8718-4079-a6f3-c0dfb74c3083
  6. i want to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to reset my pc: Hello .I want to reset my pc but I want to keep the activation key for windows. can I do that? how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-pc/7432319a-8718-4079-a6f3-c0dfb74c3083
  7. i want to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I want to reset my PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to reset my PC.: Hi, My pc got corrupt and I'm looking to reset it. It's not showing any reset options and won't boot up. So only options is command prompt. I don't have a restore point or additional USB. Can I entirely reset it with cmd ? I'm not able to do it after diskpart with systemreset...
  9. I want this app in my PC

I want this app in my PC: I want babbel app in my PC but its not. Available in my city [ATTACH] 114487
  10. I want this app in my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    I want this app in my PC: I want babbel app in my PC but its not. Available in my city [ATTACH] 114487