Windows 10: I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10

Discus and support I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 but would like to reset the PC but keep my files. I have Windows 10 Pro (1809) do I need to reactivate windows after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HHHOME_jharvey, Jan 25, 2019.

1. I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10

I have Windows 10 but would like to reset the PC but keep my files.

I have Windows 10 Pro (1809) do I need to reactivate windows after the restoration?

:)

HHHOME_jharvey, Jan 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 25, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 25, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10

1. I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10 - Similar Threads - reset keep files

2. I need to reset my PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to reset my PC.: I need to reset my PC by erasing all files from drive C but keeping other drives safe. What is data erasure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-reset-my-pc/9184a4b6-1fa4-4905-a9d2-6c0c796ae8f3
  3. Do I need a license/dvd after resetting my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need a license/dvd after resetting my pc: I recently wanted to reinstall my Nvidia gpu because if that my Windows crashes and the start-up dots start at the exact same position every boot, now I would try to reset it either keeping personal files or fully resetting it, I have no access to my license or Windows cd...
  4. I want to reset my PC, but I also want to keep both my files and the apps I have installed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to reset my PC, but I also want to keep both my files and the apps I have installed: My main goal is to reset my PC settings back to factory default, however I don't know how to back both my files and my apps. Please help. submitted by /u/wormant1 [link] [comments]...
  5. Do i need keep these files ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do i need keep these files ?: hello again, can i ask a question ? i have so many Microsoft Visual C++ 20xx do i need delete some of them or i need to keep it ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-keep-these-files/d1520b21-9e05-44b4-a9e0-11b9c5fecb95"
  6. I do not want to BACKUP my files.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not want to BACKUP my files.: Every time I log-on I get a message that's not compatible with me, YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED MY BACKUP FOR A WHILE? I want to get rid of it? Regards, Jeff Gordon...
  7. Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC?: Hello I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro a while back ago and I'm curious if I would need to reactivate my Windows 10 license key if I remove everything & start from scratch? [ATTACH]...
  8. I need my recovery key to reset my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need my recovery key to reset my PC: I need to reset my PC. The PC key ID is 874DD539 and the drive label : MININT-4H5202Q. The recovery key is what I need. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-recovery-key-to-reset-my-pc/6a418060-8e10-433d-bc5a-8ae37226c852
  9. Windows 10 : I need to keep resetting my Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 : I need to keep resetting my Network Adapter: Hi, Every few days when I browse on Google Chrome or any other browser, there's a time when I keep getting an error which says "ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED". I did a little bit of research on how to fix this problem, and there's one which is to reset the network adapter. I do...
  10. Reactivate my Windows on the PC I Upgraded!!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivate my Windows on the PC I Upgraded!!!: Microsoft, I just upgraded my Motherboard, Processor, and Ram and now my Windows has been deactivated. I have attempted multiple suggestions about trying to get my copy or license of Windows reactivated only to be told I will need to buy a new copy of Windows because I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if I reset Windows 10 but keep my files will it reactivate Windows 10