Windows 10: I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10

Discus and support I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 but would like to reset the PC but keep my files. I have Windows 10 Pro (1809) do I need to reactivate windows after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HHHOME_jharvey, Jan 25, 2019.

1. I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10

I have Windows 10 but would like to reset the PC but keep my files.

I have Windows 10 Pro (1809) do I need to reactivate windows after the restoration?

:)

HHHOME_jharvey, Jan 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 25, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Jan 25, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10

1. I want to reset my PC but keep my files but do I need to reactivate windows 10 - Similar Threads - reset keep files

2. Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?: I purchased a refurbished computer ages ago, i have recently restarted it and now I require an activation key, i have never needed one in the past after resetting but this time I do. I do not have the key because it did not come with the purchase....
  3. Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?: I purchased a refurbished computer ages ago, i have recently restarted it and now I require an activation key, i have never needed one in the past after resetting but this time I do. I do not have the key because it did not come with the purchase....
  4. Restarted my pc now i need to reactivate my pc what do i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. i want to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i want to reset my pc: Hello .I want to reset my pc but I want to keep the activation key for windows. can I do that? how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-pc/7432319a-8718-4079-a6f3-c0dfb74c3083
  6. i want to reset my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to reset my pc: Hello .I want to reset my pc but I want to keep the activation key for windows. can I do that? how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-reset-my-pc/7432319a-8718-4079-a6f3-c0dfb74c3083
  7. Do I need a copy of Windows 10 if I reset my PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need a copy of Windows 10 if I reset my PC?: Recently some of my .DLL files have gone missing, and as far as I can tell resetting everything is the only way to fix it. But unfortunately I don't have a backup copy of Windows 10. If I attempt to uninstall and reinstall my OS, do I need a copy or will it automatically...
  8. Do I need to reset my PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I need to reset my PC?: Hello dear good question forum, short and sweet: I was annoyed a few minutes ago by the fact that I constantly have to type my password into my lock screen. So after a short googling with "netplwiz" I unchecked the box above and so I thought I'd remove the password and...
  9. I want to reset my PC, but I also want to keep both my files and the apps I have installed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to reset my PC, but I also want to keep both my files and the apps I have installed: My main goal is to reset my PC settings back to factory default, however I don't know how to back both my files and my apps. Please help. submitted by /u/wormant1 [link] [comments]...
  10. Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Do I need to reactivate the Windows 10 license key if I reset my PC?: Hello I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro a while back ago and I'm curious if I would need to reactivate my Windows 10 license key if I remove everything & start from scratch? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if I reset Windows 10 but keep my files will it reactivate Windows 10