Windows 10: I want to reset my PC or reinstall the computer, but it showed password incorrect.

Discus and support I want to reset my PC or reinstall the computer, but it showed password incorrect. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I execute msconfig in cmd and disable all the services. Then I restart the computer, suddenly my local password is incorrect and never let in log in. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HantaoLiu, Nov 21, 2020.

1. HantaoLiu Win User

I want to reset my PC or reinstall the computer, but it showed password incorrect.

I execute msconfig in cmd and disable all the services. Then I restart the computer, suddenly my local password is incorrect and never let in log in. I tried to fix that issue by loggin into safe mode, but it requires password as well, I can't signed in to safe mode with neither my local password, or microsoft account password. Now I tried to reinstall Win10 and it asked me to enter microsoft account password which also gave me password incorrect.

I can use the same password to sign in to microsoft website but cannot reset my PC. I have checked the password that I entered with the eye button, it should be right.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

HantaoLiu, Nov 21, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Nov 21, 2020
  3. jeffMNMN Win User
    The Password is Incorrect

I have tried login in to my computer on Windows 10 but it shows password is incorrect. I have followed the steps indicated but it is still showing that the password is incorrect. Please advise.

jeffMNMN, Nov 21, 2020
  4. I want to reset my PC or reinstall the computer, but it showed password incorrect.

Password shows incorrect.

Hi,

If you forgot your Microsoft account password, follow these steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402697...

If you don’t have a Microsoft account and forgot your local account password, you can’t recover it. Instead, you’ll need to reset your PC.

Note: If you’re using Windows 10, version 1803, and added security questions to your local account to help you reset your password, select Reset password on the sign-in screen. (This link appears after you enter an incorrect password.) Then enter the answers
    to the security questions and choose a new password.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings.

Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.

While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.

On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.

Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Neftali Ramirez, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

I want to reset my PC or reinstall the computer, but it showed password incorrect.

1. I want to reset my PC or reinstall the computer, but it showed password incorrect. - Similar Threads - reset reinstall computer

2. i’m trying to reset my pc but my password is “incorrect”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i’m trying to reset my pc but my password is “incorrect”: i’ve reset my password multiple times and typed the correct password in yet it’s still incorrect what can i do? i can’t get onto my pc as it just gets stuck on boot up...
  3. i’m trying to reset my pc but my password is “incorrect”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i’m trying to reset my pc but my password is “incorrect”: i’ve reset my password multiple times and typed the correct password in yet it’s still incorrect what can i do? i can’t get onto my pc as it just gets stuck on boot up...
  4. i’m trying to reset my pc but my password is “incorrect”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Trying to reset my PC and it wants my password. Is this my Microsoft password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reset my PC and it wants my password. Is this my Microsoft password?: Trying to reset my PC and it wants a password. Is this my Microsoft password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-reset-my-pc-and-it-wants-my-password-is/af189da5-e2bc-4366-ae87-8ca9b1942b1e
  6. Trying to reset my PC and it wants my password. Is this my Microsoft password?

Trying to reset my PC and it wants my password. Is this my Microsoft password?: Trying to reset my PC and it wants a password. Is this my Microsoft password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-reset-my-pc-and-it-wants-my-password-is/af189da5-e2bc-4366-ae87-8ca9b1942b1e
  7. Trying to reset my PC and it wants my password. Is this my Microsoft password?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Reset this PC Incorrect password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reset this PC Incorrect password: I got a bad system config info error, so I tried resetting my PC, but it asked for my password, so I typed it in, and was told it was incorrect. I know this isn’t true as I’ve just used it sign into my Microsoft account on my phone to post this question. Could this have...
  9. Reset this PC Incorrect password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset this PC Incorrect password: I got a bad system config info error, so I tried resetting my PC, but it asked for my password, so I typed it in, and was told it was incorrect. I know this isn’t true as I’ve just used it sign into my Microsoft account on my phone to post this question. Could this have...
  10. Reset this PC Incorrect password