Windows 10: i want to restore the old windows.old folders but the trojan deleted and full formatted c:...

Discus and support i want to restore the old windows.old folders but the trojan deleted and full formatted c:... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i want to restore the old windows.old folders because it has generic volume to restore the partition to before it was i guess i think i dont know i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanyijani, Jun 10, 2021.

1. sanyijani Win User

i want to restore the old windows.old folders but the trojan deleted and full formatted c:...

i want to restore the old windows.old folders because it has generic volume to restore the partition to before it was i guess i think i dont know i just see random number and letters finded lost partitions i guess should i just delete that somehow and change the first sector to 200k then im fine and recover the data and partition ntfs partition 1 and clone then to my ssd

:)

sanyijani, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink i want to restore the old windows.old folders but the trojan deleted and full formatted c:... ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jun 10, 2021
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jun 10, 2021
  4. AmirAcle Win User

i want to restore the old windows.old folders but the trojan deleted and full formatted c:...

Windows 10.Old Folder cannot be Deleted

yes i already mention that i did this step

AmirAcle, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

1. i want to restore the old windows.old folders but the trojan deleted and full formatted c:... - Similar Threads - restore old old

2. Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users: Hello,I would like to delete an old user's folder in C:\Users but there is the folder AppData and the file NTUSER.DAT which prevent me from doing so. Is there a solution to this problem I've also tried taking ownership of the folder, but it doesn't fix my...
  3. Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting an old user's folder in C:\Users: Hello,I would like to delete an old user's folder in C:\Users but there is the folder AppData and the file NTUSER.DAT which prevent me from doing so. Is there a solution to this problem I've also tried taking ownership of the folder, but it doesn't fix my...
  4. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  5. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting old windowsapps folder: For some reason I can't remember, I made a new WindowsApps folder on my D: drive, and now that I try to delete the previous windowsapps folder, I'm unable. I've tried changing ownership of the file to myself, everyone, system etc. and I am told that I need permission every...
  6. Deleting old windowsapps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Recover windows old folder after it just disappeared after format or trojan attack windows...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recover windows old folder after it just disappeared after format or trojan attack windows...: Recover windows old folder after it just disappeared after format or trojan attack windows old 10 was good then there is no windows old 11 its deleted even i choosed keep my files why did i reinstalled the system idk what folder was downloads or 1 or 2 or 3 i got 600...
  8. I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC

I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC: I want to Delete Windows old folder from my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-delete-windows-old-folder-from-my-pc/ac1b48ba-6f85-4e4c-889a-6caadcc3e3d2
  9. Windows restoring old wallpaper and trojan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows restoring old wallpaper and trojan: Everytime i fresh install my windows 10 using a usb stick and format and reinstall, after a couple of hours my old wallpaper(preformat) appears on my desktop. Where did it come from? Where are your wallpapers backed up?? i don't even have a Onedrive account. Also right after...
  10. Old Windows folder delete

Old Windows folder delete: I just installed win 10 . I have 2 more drives with Win7 OS( Windows folders) in them. I am trying to delete these folders in vain. I am logged in as administrator. Any ideas?...