Windows 10: I want to retrieve Windows 10 OS from my dead Lenovo laptop, help!

Discus and support I want to retrieve Windows 10 OS from my dead Lenovo laptop, help! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I need help to retrieve my old Windows 10 OS. I used to own a Lenovo laptop with built-in, authentic Windows 10 OS in 2014, but last night the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HaryadiWiratama, Feb 1, 2019.

1. I want to retrieve Windows 10 OS from my dead Lenovo laptop, help!

Hi, I need help to retrieve my old Windows 10 OS.

I used to own a Lenovo laptop with built-in, authentic Windows 10 OS in 2014, but last night the laptop was damaged beyond repair and is now completely shut off. Now I'm planning to buy a new laptop, but I want the old Windows 10 OS from my Lenovo back, do you know how to retrieve it?

Thank you!

:)

HaryadiWiratama, Feb 1, 2019
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Feb 1, 2019
  3. SunnyK Win User
    New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, Feb 1, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

I want to retrieve Windows 10 OS from my dead Lenovo laptop, help!

Lenovo Ready to Launch Windows 10 Devices

Lenovo today announced it will begin shipping a wide selection of products loaded with Windows 10 starting July 29. Lenovo has an extensive list of products eligible for this upgrade including popular models like the YOGA 3 Pro and YOGA 500. Lenovo customers can check here for their product's eligibility.

Lenovo has worked with Microsoft Corp. to make the process of upgrading simple, for people with qualified Lenovo PC running Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10. Starting on July 29, the updates will roll out. If a user has reserved a copy of Windows 10, he/she will be notified once the compatibility process confirms that the user will have a great experience, and Windows 10 has been downloaded on their system.

I want to retrieve Windows 10 OS from my dead Lenovo laptop, help! 91a_thm.jpg

Lenovo Apps Enhance Windows 10 Experience
    To give users consistent experiences across devices and operating systems, the preloads include a suite of Lenovo-written applications. The new Lenovo Companion 3.0 optimization tool keeps devices running at peak performance and can be used at any time to run a full-scale checkup and report back with specific actions to free up space and speed up the device. As a "smart" device control hub, the new Lenovo Settings lets users easily adapt and modify the way their device behaves. For example, when in tablet mode, the product will customize its display and other settings based on its orientation versus in traditional laptop mode. Alternatively, the device's usage will also alter its settings, for example when watching a movie versus reading an e-book. With SHAREit, customers can quickly transfer files between devices. For tablet users WRITEit takes the pen to a new level of functionality allowing users to write in any input field with their pen and the handwriting is converted to text.

As announced at Tech World in May, Lenovo and Microsoft have worked to integrate Cortana and REACHit, Lenovo's groundbreaking app that allows users who opt-in to search for and manage their content across multiple devices and cloud storage platforms. With REACHit, Cortana becomes even smarter and more personal, enabling users to find their content such as emails, photos and videos in ways they never thought possible. Cortana and REACHit gives users a seamless, intuitive way to search through natural language and contextual understanding.

"With Windows 10, computing gets more personal, productive and connected," said Tom Shell, senior vice president, PC Business Group, Lenovo. "Across our entire PC product line, from the office to the home, we've optimized our Lenovo devices to give customers a great computing experience while giving them enhanced search tools like Cortana with REACHit."

btarunr, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

I want to retrieve Windows 10 OS from my dead Lenovo laptop, help!

1. I want to retrieve Windows 10 OS from my dead Lenovo laptop, help! - Similar Threads - retrieve dead Lenovo

2. Dead OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead OS: My laptop attempting to fix dirty bits. The laptop's battery was too low. I was rushing to find the charger of the laptop. I was too late. The BIOS had already cut off the power. However, after plugging it with the charger, I tried to power on the laptop. It never booted...
  3. Dead OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dead OS: My laptop attempting to fix dirty bits. The laptop's battery was too low. I was rushing to find the charger of the laptop. I was too late. The BIOS had already cut off the power. However, after plugging it with the charger, I tried to power on the laptop. It never booted...
  4. Laptop dead, possible to retrieve Windows 10 key for new custom-built computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Laptop dead, possible to retrieve Windows 10 key for new custom-built computer?: Hi all, back in January 2016 I purchased an Asus Zenbook Signature Edition laptop from the Microsoft store, which came with a full version of Windows 10 Home pre-installed. However, the laptop died on me sometime last year.Now, I am building a new PC and was wondering if I...
  5. Help!! Lenovo laptop OS is Windows 10 Home S mode but was disable by retailer upon my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help!! Lenovo laptop OS is Windows 10 Home S mode but was disable by retailer upon my...: Hi,I am using lenovo ideapad 3 with Windows 10 Home S mode edition and the retailer had helped me to disable the S mode previously. However, as I have encountered some slowness and issues with MS Teams on my laptop, I have tried to reset the laptop with the option of keeping...
  6. I want to transfer my retail version of windows 10 from my dead computer to a laptop with a...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to transfer my retail version of windows 10 from my dead computer to a laptop with a...: My desktop computer died and won't turn on and I have a retail version of windows ten on it and I want to transfer it to a laptop that my friend gave me with a forgotten password which also has windows 10 on it. The laptop my friend gave me had a n OEM version of windows...
  7. Is it possible to retrieve WLAN data from a dead Windows 10 pro PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to retrieve WLAN data from a dead Windows 10 pro PC?: Hi there My Samsung notebook with Win 10 Pro, 64 Bit, after 8 years of intensive use and probably over 1.5 million miles of mileage seemed to have permanently died recently. It no longer reacts to the power switch and i do not think spending hundreds of $$, which I in any...
  8. Retrieve data from PC with expired Windows OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Retrieve data from PC with expired Windows OS: When I was studying, I got a free copy of Windows 10 through the University. Since I am no longer studying, my student account has been closed and I can no longer log into my PC. Is there a way I can access the data on the harddrive somehow? submitted by /u/Kronborg11...
  9. Help Dell Inspiron Windows 10 Laptop Dead

in Windows 10 Support
    Help Dell Inspiron Windows 10 Laptop Dead: I just tried to turn on my Dell Laptop which was put to sleep when I closed the lid yesterday. The laptop will no longer start and there is no screen activity. The power light comes on and there is some disk activity when I press the on button to reboot but there is no...
  10. Dead laptop want to recover data that was on it

in Windows 10 Support
    Dead laptop want to recover data that was on it: I was able to successfully recover my photos following @ and @spunk advice... Definitely has peaked my interest in learning and understanding computers a lot more *Thumbs Stick around TenForums then, there's a lot you can learn here. The Tutorials are an invaluable...