Windows 10: I want to run an application but Windows defender wont let me

Discus and support I want to run an application but Windows defender wont let me in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am trying to run an application which the windows security keeps blocking. I opened the Virus and Malware section but it is showing that it is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shreyaan Jain, Mar 20, 2020.

1. I want to run an application but Windows defender wont let me

I am trying to run an application which the windows security keeps blocking. I opened the Virus and Malware section but it is showing that it is managed by my organisation... Then when I tried to open the application, a message pops up that "your IT admin has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available."

What should I do?

:)

Shreyaan Jain, Mar 20, 2020
  2. xxx123 Win User

Windows 10 - applications wont run not responding.

Hello i have an Windows 10 Pro. I have an problems with that windows . I dont know if it is hardware or software issue.
    Some of the applications randomly wont run. I mean i am clicking to open and nothing happens. I cant run task manager because he wont opening. I cant run event viewer because he wont opening. And all of rest applications randomly wont run. Sometimes logout and log again help and then some of the applications run. Games are stable and no crashes and playing games are fine.
    Problem is only with opening applications in Windows 10. I made clean install on a fresh formatted disk month ago.

It can be still ram or hdd issue or just windows broke? But CrystalDiskInfo and HDTUNE showing disk is 100% ok and memtest86 no errors.

PC:
    4790k stock small temps
    2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz
    Corsair 750 RM
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2
    SSD Samsung Evo 250 GB
    Asus Strix 980 Ti Oc.

xxx123, Mar 20, 2020
  3. windows defender runs slow

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Have you installed any third party security application in your system, apart from Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    I would like to inform you that this issue might occur, if the Windows defender is scanning too many junk or malware effected files in the system. As of now,
    I suggest you to run System maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.
    For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-defender-offline-faq

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 20, 2020
  4. I want to run an application but Windows defender wont let me

Explorer.exe, Werfault.exe, RuntimeBroker.exe (application errors). start wont come up and application errors wont go

Hi James,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to perform all the steps provided in the previous post?
    • Have you created another user account as suggested in the step 2?

Please try to perform the step 1 and step 2 provided in the previous post. Let us know of the results after performing it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Start Menu and running application, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

I want to run an application but Windows defender wont let me

1. I want to run an application but Windows defender wont let me - Similar Threads - run application defender

2. Windows defender won't let me allow an application through.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender won't let me allow an application through.: Hello, whenever I try saving a photo from my photo editor it always says I don't have the access to do that. When I go to the notification center which tells me that the application was blocked I click on it. Once windows defender opens it just says there were no recent...
  3. Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications: It says i'm an administrator but nothing works, the command prompt doesn't make it work, the control panel doesn't work and the registry editor doesn't work, what are my options?I need admin privileges to fix missing important files....
  4. Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications: It says i'm an administrator but nothing works, the command prompt doesn't make it work, the control panel doesn't work and the registry editor doesn't work, what are my options?I need admin privileges to fix missing important files....
  5. Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. I want to run Windows Defender anti-virus application independently

I want to run Windows Defender anti-virus application independently: I have Malwarebytes as my virus protection software but I wanted to run a scan with Windows Defender independently.Do I have to stop/suspend Malwarebytes in order to run Windows Defender?Why am I not able to run scans by two different anti-virus software programs...
  7. Windows is not letting me run Windows Defender...Do I have a virus?

Windows is not letting me run Windows Defender...Do I have a virus?: It's getting pretty suspicious. I've tried almost everything I've found on activating my Windows Defender. I've uninstalled MalwareBytes for sure the only third-party malware software I had and restarted my computer kind of stupid that there's no neat remover like that just...
  8. Windows is not letting me run Windows Defender...Do I have a virus?

Windows is not letting me run Windows Defender...Do I have a virus?: It's getting pretty suspicious. I've tried almost everything I've found on activating my Windows Defender. I've uninstalled MalwareBytes for sure the only third-party malware software I had and restarted my computer kind of stupid that there's no neat remover like that just...
  9. i want to connect to a new wifi but wont let me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i want to connect to a new wifi but wont let me: after using the natural wifi setting I tried to see maybe I was entering the wifi password wrong but when I use cmd it never shows me any other wifi networks than the one I'm connected to...
  10. Windows defender in v1703 does not let me run app

Windows defender in v1703 does not let me run app: Where is the "allow exclusion" in this version of windows? So frustrating. 84137