Windows 10: I want to run an executable file that is not an app at startup of Windows.

Discus and support I want to run an executable file that is not an app at startup of Windows. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to run an executable file that is not an app at startup on Windows 10. The executable happens to be a process monitor that I have used for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobD9876, Feb 16, 2021.

1. BobD9876 Win User

I want to run an executable file that is not an app at startup of Windows.

I want to run an executable file that is not an app at startup on Windows 10. The executable happens to be a process monitor that I have used for years on Windows 7 and earlier versions Procexp64.exe but the specifics shouldn't matter. It was quite easy to add it as a simple exe to the startup list on earlier versions. Unfortunately, I don't know how to get it to show up on the app list that Windows wants me to select from when adding to the startup list. Has anyone done something like this?

:)

BobD9876, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Feb 16, 2021
  4. I want to run an executable file that is not an app at startup of Windows.

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

I want to run an executable file that is not an app at startup of Windows.

1. I want to run an executable file that is not an app at startup of Windows. - Similar Threads - run executable file

2. Multiple antimalware executable files running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple antimalware executable files running: There are like 20-25 of those when i scroll down. Recently upgraded to windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-antimalware-executable-files-running/fca118dd-86ea-423e-8dbb-577e4bd3d6a9
  3. Multiple antimalware executable files running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple antimalware executable files running: There are like 20-25 of those when i scroll down. Recently upgraded to windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-antimalware-executable-files-running/fca118dd-86ea-423e-8dbb-577e4bd3d6a9
  4. Windows 10 is trying to run a .dll file at startup and always asks how I want to run it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 is trying to run a .dll file at startup and always asks how I want to run it: I am aware than a user or the system are both not supposed to be able to run .dll files and that they are used only directly by other apps. Knowing that, just makes me more confused as to why would the system even try to run a .dll file. I took a peek in the task scheduler...
  5. Can I disable Antimalware service executable from running on startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I disable Antimalware service executable from running on startup?: I know this is windows defender so I don't want to disable it completely, but it always the first thing to run and it makes my cpu go to 100%. So can I block it from starting up but still being able to use it? submitted by /u/WarriorsMustang17 [link] [comments]...
  6. Executable file not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Executable file not running: Hi, I have the following problem: Few months ago I wrote a python program that I converted with pyinstaller to an executable file. The .exe file ran smoothly. I got myself a new laptop and wanted to try the program, unfortunately I cannot start the program. Things I've...
  7. Why executable files won't run?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why executable files won't run?: I installed OS Windows 10 Education N 2004. Updated OS and restarted repeatedly. There are no more update recommendations. Tried to install .Net 4.8, but both online and offline installers would not start. Installed Windows 10 SDK, with which .Net Framework 4.8 was installed....
  8. Antimalware Service Executable Runs at Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Antimalware Service Executable Runs at Startup: The issue is Antimalware Service Executable starts automatically at startup and makes my system unresponsive for long time. I know that "Windows Defender" scans files in background to provide us real-time protection but I haven't downloaded or stored even a single new file. I...
  9. RUN won't 'execute' EXE files

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    RUN won't 'execute' EXE files: Since 1803 was loaded on 3 of my Dell laptops (various models) I've discovered that the RUN function (under Windows Start Button) won't "run" an EXE file that is located in my download folder. Same response on 3 different laptops. I have a history of the APP for these EXEs...
  10. Windows Defender wants to run at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender wants to run at startup: Since a very recent reinstall of Windows 10, Windows Defender now keeps wanting to be part of Start-up..In the past it seems to me that it was only activated if your anti-virus protection was off or if none was installed. Now it seems as if the intention of Windows Defender...