Windows 10: I want to run Windows Defender anti-virus application independently

Discus and support I want to run Windows Defender anti-virus application independently in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Malwarebytes as my virus protection software but I wanted to run a scan with Windows Defender independently.Do I have to stop/suspend... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Al_XB, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Al_XB Win User

I want to run Windows Defender anti-virus application independently

I have Malwarebytes as my virus protection software but I wanted to run a scan with Windows Defender independently.Do I have to stop/suspend Malwarebytes in order to run Windows Defender?Why am I not able to run scans by two different anti-virus software programs independently?

:)

Al_XB, Aug 1, 2021
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Which anti-virus application u can suggest me?

Which anti-virus application u can suggest me?

WojtasRed, Aug 1, 2021
  3. oemSoft Win User
    How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?

For windows 10, I would like to know on how to scan anti-virus with windows Defender, when I select a file and right click, there is no anti-virus for scanning for windows defender and how to make windows defender update automatically?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Aug 1, 2021
  4. I want to run Windows Defender anti-virus application independently

Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on - it detects another anti-virus product.

Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on, and the message suggests there is another anti-virus product present but if there is it does show up in Window 10 UI.

The long story is that I am troubleshooting a problem with application software. The manufacturer suggest removing Bitdefender because there product is incompatible. I thought I would give this a try, if only to element Bitdefender as a cause.

Firstly, I upgraded from Bitdefender 2016 to 2017 to see if that made a difference. The application still failed so I decided to try removal.

• I used the standard uninstall to remove Bitdefender 2017, rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I download the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017, ran it then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I checked the file system and all Bitdefender files have been deleted.
    • I check the registry and found a couple of references to Bitdefender Wallet, then deleted these.
    • I rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I reran the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017 then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection.
    I can find no traces of Bitdefender so I wonder why Windows Defender detects another anti-virus software. I've check other posts but couldn't find additional steps for uninstalling an anti-virus software. Any suggestions?

Moved from Windows 10

SystemOfTheWorld, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

I want to run Windows Defender anti-virus application independently

1. I want to run Windows Defender anti-virus application independently - Similar Threads - run Defender anti

2. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  3. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  4. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Defender Anti-Virus problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Anti-Virus problem: Defender had a message in notifications about a problem. When I clicked onto I get Defender opening and the following message.PAGE NOT AVAILABLE.Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available.Contact the...
  6. Is Windows Defender Sufficient as an Anti-Virus?

Is Windows Defender Sufficient as an Anti-Virus?: If windows defender isn't enough protection what is the best recommended anti-virus program for windows 10 with edge? Thanks. Jim Thompson [Original Title: anti-virus]...
  7. Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus

Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus: I have been using Malwarebytes for years. It seems like there is a conflict with it. It turned off my Windows Defender anti-virus. Malwarebytes is not an Anti-Virus Program...What Went Wrong?...
  8. windows defender anti virus program

windows defender anti virus program: options are all greyed out, real time protection cannot be turned on how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-anti-virus-program/13538fbe-cb7e-4b24-9ce8-37f3e4a6eeac
  9. WINDOWS DEFENDER/ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION

WINDOWS DEFENDER/ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION: Do i need private virus protection if have Windows defender and real time protection on? When i attempt to turn Windows defender on it says "TO ALLOW THIS APP TO RUN CONTACT YOUR SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR TO ENABLE THE PROGRAM VIA GROUP POLICY"....What does that mean? Does...
  10. Advise wanted for new anti virus application

Advise wanted for new anti virus application: Hi. I've been having a few issues with Avast so I decided to remove it and look for another application. Big mistake,... it's taken several hours to get my PC backup and running, with lots of issue uninstalling and then after a reboot the Avast installer started and...