Windows 10: I want to save all new content on DATA D: Drive.

Discus and support I want to save all new content on DATA D: Drive. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I wanted to save all new content i.e new downloads, screenshots, new pictures to DATA D: Drive . Pls help me everything is saving in on OS C: Drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ArnavChouksey, Oct 14, 2020.

1. I want to save all new content on DATA D: Drive.

I wanted to save all new content i.e new downloads, screenshots, new pictures to DATA D: Drive . Pls help me everything is saving in on OS C: Drive but i wanted to save all new content on DATA D: Drive.

:)

ArnavChouksey, Oct 14, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 14, 2020
  3. No permission to save to D:\ drive

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• Have you mapped the libraries to the D: drive?
    • Is the issue specific to the subfolder in D: drive?

Try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1: Creating New File In D: Drive.

1. Go to D: drive > Right-click on an empty space in D: drive > Click on
      New > Click Text Document.
    2. Give a name to the Text Document and save it and check if you get the same error.

If you don't get any error while saving the file in D: drive and you get this error message only while saving a document in D:\charl\Documents, then follow
    Method 2 to take the ownership of Documents folder, else follow
    Method 3

Method 2: Taking Ownership Of A Particular Folder.

1. Click on Start Menu > Search for Command Prompt >
      Right-click on Command Prompt > Click on Run As Administrator.
    2. Once the Command Prompt is up and running, type the following commands and hit
      Enter after each command.

takeown /f <foldername> /r /d y

icacls <foldername> /grant administrators:F /T

Note: Replace foldername with the path of the folder.

3. Once the above commands are executed successfully,
    restart the computer once, and check if you are able to save the documents in that folder.

Method 3: Check If You Are The Administrator From Netplwiz.

1. Click on the Start menu > Search for Netplwiz > Hit
      Enter.
    2. Click on your user name and click on Properties.
    3. Go to Group Membership tab and choose Administrator > Click on
      Apply > OK.
    4. Once you change this setting, restart the computer once and check for the issue.

Method 3: Disabling Antivirus.

If you have installed any third-party security software, I suggest you to temporarily disable them, restart the computer once, and check for the issue.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other
    software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 14, 2020
  4. locario Win User

I want to save all new content on DATA D: Drive.

change where content is saved

I install a second hard drive that is recognize be the system, but under "change where content is saved" does not give me the option to choose this drive that is listed as D:. Is formatted as NTFS

If I plug an external hard drive I will get the option to saved in it

locario, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

I want to save all new content on DATA D: Drive.

1. I want to save all new content on DATA D: Drive. - Similar Threads - save content DATA

2. Saving default data to a new D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving default data to a new D drive: I recently installed a new M.2 nvme ssd as D drive, and I will retain OS as E drive for Windows 11What's the difference between Changing where new content is saved in System Storage Setting vs Moving Folder Location in file explorer by right click on folder in C drive and...
  3. Saving default data to a new D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving default data to a new D drive: I recently installed a new M.2 nvme ssd as D drive, and I will retain OS as E drive for Windows 11What's the difference between Changing where new content is saved in System Storage Setting vs Moving Folder Location in file explorer by right click on folder in C drive and...
  4. "Where new content is saved" From C to D drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Where new content is saved" From C to D drives: Can't change "Where new content is saved" From C to D drive except "New Apps": receive error code 0x80070002 on everything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-new-content-is-saved-from-c-to-d-drives/8510e135-001f-48c7-b636-9abbf4b0328b
  5. "Where new content is saved" From C to D drives

"Where new content is saved" From C to D drives: Can't change "Where new content is saved" From C to D drive except "New Apps": receive error code 0x80070002 on everything else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-new-content-is-saved-from-c-to-d-drives/8510e135-001f-48c7-b636-9abbf4b0328b
  6. D:\ showing as a folder and Data D: showing as a Drive both have same contents

D:\ showing as a folder and Data D: showing as a Drive both have same contents: Hi, I transferred my documents to Data D: and that show as a drive on my Dell laptop, but those same files are showing as a Folder D:\. How do I safely get rid of the D:\ folder?...
  7. Want to reset "Change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Want to reset "Change where new content is saved": I used "Change where new content is saved" setting. It does not work as i was thinking and now i need it reset as it was before. So used it and change location to E: and D: drive. Some files just get moved from C: drive and i dont want them there. I want to move to their...
  8. Want to reset "Change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to reset "Change where new content is saved": I used "Change where new content is saved" setting. It does not work as i was thinking and now i need it reset as it was before. So used it and change location to E: and D: drive. Some files just get moved from C: drive and i dont want them there. I want to move to their...
  9. Want to reset "Change where new content is saved"

10. Save RAW drive - Don't want data

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Save RAW drive - Don't want data: One of my WD Green 2tb drives has become raw and can't be used. Windows will not complete a format of it. Shows up in my computer. Is there any way of saving this drive? 32601