Windows 10: i want to save my pics in date order in a folder and always view them that way when i open...

Discus and support i want to save my pics in date order in a folder and always view them that way when i open... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i want to save my pics in date order in a folder and always view them that way when i open the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vivking1, Jul 26, 2019.

1. vivking1 Win User

i want to save my pics in date order in a folder and always view them that way when i open...

i want to save my pics in date order in a folder and always view them that way when i open the folder

:)

vivking1, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Copying down file folders with names and growing dates

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To create multiple folders of same name with progressive dates, I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for you.

• Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where you want the folders to be created.
    • On the address bar, where the folder path is displayed, erase the folder path and type
      CMD to open a Command Prompt window.
    • Once the Command Prompt window opens, copy paste the following command and hit Enter:

for %d in (2019.6.17 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.18 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.19 Job Progress Pics, 2019.6.20 Job Progress Pics, etc) do mkdir %d

Note:

Replace ‘etc’ with rest of the dates for the month. (Eg: ‘2019.6.X Job Progress Pics’ where X is the date)

• Exit Command Prompt and see if multiple folders are created with the progressive dates on the preferred location.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Folder Views

Is there a way to control whether folders individually or as a whole remember settings like, whether to display as list view or details? Remember column width? The way things display seem random. Generally it will either be list view or details, but sometimes, for example, I will try to "save as" or"import", and the folder that is opened to complete the task will have huge icons.

Folder Options > "View" tab > "Apply to Folders" setting doesn't help.

thanks

kitpzyxmsir, Jul 26, 2019
  4. i want to save my pics in date order in a folder and always view them that way when i open...

Custom Folder view for new folders registery hack ?

Te new folder has default view of LIST

I want DETAILS

When making new system ... it's a pain in ass changing always.

RuskiSnajper, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

i want to save my pics in date order in a folder and always view them that way when i open...

1. i want to save my pics in date order in a folder and always view them that way when i open... - Similar Threads - save pics date

2. when i want to "save as" a pic in hotmail, I get a file with many pics. how to i save just...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when i want to "save as" a pic in hotmail, I get a file with many pics. how to i save just...: I want to "save as" each picture I receive in hotmail and name it and date it. When i attempt it I copy files of pictures.Which means I have repeat pictures that I do not want.The only picture I want is the first one. How do I change my setting to save and name pictures...
  3. when i want to "save as" a pic in hotmail, I get a file with many pics. how to i save just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i want to "save as" a pic in hotmail, I get a file with many pics. how to i save just...: I want to "save as" each picture I receive in hotmail and name it and date it. When i attempt it I copy files of pictures.Which means I have repeat pictures that I do not want.The only picture I want is the first one. How do I change my setting to save and name pictures...
  4. when i want to "save as" a pic in hotmail, I get a file with many pics. how to i save just...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. is there a way to always open the photos app in Folder view tab instead of the default...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to always open the photos app in Folder view tab instead of the default...: by maybe modifying the launch shortcut or something like that, does anyone know of a solution please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-always-open-the-photos-app-in/c9d46c06-8ce8-4007-b154-cfcb6e66592b
  6. unable to sort pics the way I need in folder

unable to sort pics the way I need in folder: why am I unable to sort pictures any way I need inside a folder ? I need to be able to manipulate them into the order I need them to be in Please advise...
  7. Uploaded pics not saving to date folder

Uploaded pics not saving to date folder: So up until yesterday and for no reason, my pictures uploaded from my SD cards are saving 'individually' under a dsc number .before that they would automatically all go into a folder that was already given that days date. the only thing that changed was I had to upload some...
  8. Is there a way to resize a folder and have it saved so it always opens that size,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to resize a folder and have it saved so it always opens that size,...: Hi all! I have a few folders that I would like to open, make a certain size, then save that size so I never have to resize them again. I can't find anything about this being an option with Windows 10 but I thought I would ask. Maybe if it's not something Windows can do, there...
  9. open files instead of always saving them

open files instead of always saving them: I still haven't mastered the concept of just being able to open a file without saving it. I end up deleting tons of useless data, and it gets annoying. Can anyone offer me a solution?...
  10. Sort photos the way I want them, and make them stay that way

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort photos the way I want them, and make them stay that way: How can I sort my photos and make them stay the way I want them to in a folder. On Windows 7 I downloaded something from the 7 forum that allowed me to sort them in my chosen order and they stayed that way, ONLY on my desktop! How can I do it in Windows 10?????? 70037