Windows 10: I want to save to THIS PC, not one drive and not user name

Discus and support I want to save to THIS PC, not one drive and not user name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I finally got it to stop saving to one drive. But, even though I have directed WIN 10 to storage to default to THIS PC, it saves everything to my user... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dawn_Becker, Apr 9, 2019.

1. I want to save to THIS PC, not one drive and not user name

I finally got it to stop saving to one drive. But, even though I have directed WIN 10 to storage to default to THIS PC, it saves everything to my user name directory .... and then I can never find it without doing a search first.

How can I stop this? When I forget to change the storage location - each and every time I want to save something - I have to go back and save it again or do an exhaustive search for it.

Please, help! I have had this issue since my last renewal of Office 365. So regretful! I have more issues. But I will start new threads for those.

:)

Dawn_Becker, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Jessen P Win User

Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Apr 9, 2019
  3. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Apr 9, 2019
  4. I want to save to THIS PC, not one drive and not user name

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

I want to save to THIS PC, not one drive and not user name

1. I want to save to THIS PC, not one drive and not user name - Similar Threads - save drive user

2. I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".: The name of the user folder is the first 5 characters of my email. I want to change that to my name. How can I do that?I am using my Microsoft account for Windows 11.This is disturbing my work as the command prompt also shows the user name, which is the first 5 characters of...
  3. I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change the user folder name in "C:\Users\".: The name of the user folder is the first 5 characters of my email. I want to change that to my name. How can I do that?I am using my Microsoft account for Windows 11.This is disturbing my work as the command prompt also shows the user name, which is the first 5 characters of...
  4. If I save my documents on the pc will they also get save on one drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I save my documents on the pc will they also get save on one drive: If I save my documents on the PC will they also get saved on One Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-save-my-documents-on-the-pc-will-they-also/38da86f7-beac-4f4f-867f-d51cc2f51e9a
  5. If I save my documents on the pc will they also get save on one drive

If I save my documents on the pc will they also get save on one drive: If I save my documents on the PC will they also get saved on One Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-save-my-documents-on-the-pc-will-they-also/38da86f7-beac-4f4f-867f-d51cc2f51e9a
  6. I want to change the folder which saves screenshots to the non one drive one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change the folder which saves screenshots to the non one drive one: HiI want to change the place where my screenshots are saved ,which currently is one drive.Whereas i want to use the default my pc one I looked up how to do that and they all say to go to properties tab and then go to locations.But my one drive file has no locations tab in...
  7. I want to change the folder which saves screenshots to the non one drive one

I want to change the folder which saves screenshots to the non one drive one: HiI want to change the place where my screenshots are saved ,which currently is one drive.Whereas i want to use the default my pc one I looked up how to do that and they all say to go to properties tab and then go to locations.But my one drive file has no locations tab in...
  8. I want to change the folder which saves screenshots to the non one drive one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. One Drive Not Saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Not Saving: Purchased One Drive storage 1T will not save. I get error message saying my One Drive is full but shows 58G only has been used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-not-saving/3ffe573c-7ddc-433a-95f2-d932590c263d
  10. How do i "tell" One-drive that i do not want a specific file to be saved on, one drive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i "tell" One-drive that i do not want a specific file to be saved on, one drive?: I recently dowloaded a 43 gb file which i do not want to sinc with the one drive function. I wanna keep the drive working to everything else, but i dont want to have this specific file to be saved, due the fact that i dont have enough space to have him storaged. Does anyone...