Windows 10: I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports....

Discus and support I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports.... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an NVIDIA Quadro M2000 with as the name implies four DisplayPort DP outputs. I'm using DP > HDMI cables to connect three devices: DP1 out to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fi3ry_Ph03n1x, Dec 1, 2022.

1. I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports....

I have an NVIDIA Quadro M2000 with as the name implies four DisplayPort DP outputs. I'm using DP > HDMI cables to connect three devices: DP1 out to surround sound receiver to handle all audio. DP2 and DP3 out to dual monitor setup, and DP4 unused. MoBo has an HDMI out that is unused because trying to port the audio there was even more problematic with directing the 5.1 surround sound to the correct port.When it is set up, it is stable and works fine...for one session. However, when I return from standby mode, DP1 is seen as a possible video output, and apps that were previously visible

:)

Fi3ry_Ph03n1x, Dec 1, 2022

2. Force Display Output via HDMI Port

Windows 10 Question: The goal is to display two screens (same video screen) from the computer to two projectors for a presentation using Power Point Slides. Attaching to one projector works fine, but when I attach a HDMI splitter to hook up the second
    projector, the computer no longer detects the display and will use the HDMI port as an output.

Thus, can you force a video output from the HDMI port using Windows 10.

MS KY User, Dec 1, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    HDMI port , is it input/output/both?

Hi Ken

On 99.99% of PC's and laptops the HDMI Port(s) are output only, there are some really high-end laptops that also have HDMI input, but they are very rare indeed . .

DaveM121, Dec 1, 2022
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports....

HDMI port on laptop

No. The HDMI ports on the microscope and the laptop are video output only, not inputs.

NavyLCDR, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports....

1. I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports.... - Similar Threads - set HDMI port

2. Only DVI port outputs video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only DVI port outputs video: I've reinstalled windows recently and changed the monitor. PC used to work with Display Port or HDMI and card also has DVI. Now no port neither in graphics card or motherboard besides DVI has video output. When plugging something into Graphics Card HDMI, Nvidia Control panel...
  3. Only DVI port outputs video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only DVI port outputs video: I've reinstalled windows recently and changed the monitor. PC used to work with Display Port or HDMI and card also has DVI. Now no port neither in graphics card or motherboard besides DVI has video output. When plugging something into Graphics Card HDMI, Nvidia Control panel...
  4. Only DVI port outputs video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports....

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports....: I have an NVIDIA Quadro M2000 with as the name implies four DisplayPort DP outputs. I'm using DP > HDMI cables to connect three devices: DP1 out to surround sound receiver to handle all audio. DP2 and DP3 out to dual monitor setup, and DP4 unused. MoBo has an HDMI out that is...
  6. I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports....

I want to set an HDMI port to only send audio and isolate the video output to other ports....: I have an NVIDIA Quadro M2000 with as the name implies four DisplayPort DP outputs. I'm using DP > HDMI cables to connect three devices: DP1 out to surround sound receiver to handle all audio. DP2 and DP3 out to dual monitor setup, and DP4 unused. MoBo has an HDMI out that is...
  7. How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable video output in hdmi port but audio stays. And put as secondary.: Windows 10 which one I hate so much. So I got monitor connected to display port and its identy is nr2. Audio receiver is connected to hdmi port identy Nr1. How I can tell disable monitor function in hdmi port. Or change identities easy way without deleting registry files....
  8. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  9. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  10. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio