Windows 10: I want to set CPU affinity per RegEdit

Discus and support I want to set CPU affinity per RegEdit in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've searched the entirety of the internet for an answer and it fucking blows my mind how EVERY response I could find totally avoids the actual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KingOfAnarchy, Dec 13, 2020.

1. I want to set CPU affinity per RegEdit

I've searched the entirety of the internet for an answer and it fucking blows my mind how EVERY response I could find totally avoids the actual question the user asked.

Listen, I do not want to set CPU Priority, I can not use a third-party tool, I can not run a batch file or shortcut, I can not set it per TaskManager and I do not want you to ask "y u want do this". I swear those were ALL the responses I found on this issue.

I found out you can set CPU Priority with "CPUPriorityClass" as Dword:0x00000003 to set it to high. Okay, got that.

Now I want to set the CPU Affinity to use 2 cores less than 8 per RegEdit.

That's all I want. That and nothing else.

(Btw it was an absolute PAIN in the ass to select a flair here. It kept popping up off screen.)

submitted by /u/KingOfAnarchy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KingOfAnarchy, Dec 13, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

CPU / CPU Processor problems / Processor affinity

We appreciate the information you provided. Your processor is working as expected. CPU affinity is only showing CPU (0) since 1 processor is working at the moment. It's very likely that your computer is using a balanced power plan, so we suggest changing
    your power plan to High Performance by following these steps:

• Right-click Start.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Choose High Performance.

In addition to that, we recommend installing the latest updates to keep your system current and secure. Go to
    Start > Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.

Some programs may also be automatically launching whenever you boot your computer, affecting the performance. To disable them, follow these steps:

• Right-click your taskbar.
    • Click Task Manager.
    • Under the Startup tab, find the programs that you don't need.
    • Right-click the program and choose Disable.

You're also using your computer for a game that was designed to run on an earlier version of Windows, so it's possible that it's slowing down your computer. In this case, use the Compatibility Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with the program using
    these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
    • Click Next.
    • Choose the program from the list and click Next.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Polo6RGTI Win User
    How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?

I use batch scripts to set the affinity and priority.

I want to set CPU affinity per RegEdit [​IMG]

Binary/Decimal/Hexadecimal Converter

Code:
    You can also create a shortcut on the Desktop:
    Code:

Polo6RGTI, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Davie_C Win User

I want to set CPU affinity per RegEdit

How to set 8 core cpu in affinity settings

Here is how to set your affinity settings using 8 core cpu splitting them into two 4 cpu cores

cmd.exe /c start "WoWSLauncher" /affinity F "C:\Games\World_of_Warships\WoWSLauncher.exe"

As you can see I added "F" next to /affinity that will let you use just 4 cores 0,1,2,3

I can do it easy in task manager but got to keep doing it everytime i want to play the game.

So if you want to use 0 1 2 3 cores just for the game you would add "F" in your line like so..

for cores 4,5,6,7 Do this....

Add F0 next to /affinity like so

cmd.exe /c start "obs32" /affinity F0 "C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\32bit\obs32.exe"

cmd.exe /c start "obs64" /affinity F0 "C:\Program Files (x86)\obs-studio\bin\64bit\obs64.exe"

Depends on if using 32 or 64bit of the os.

If doing it for obs it will not work as it can't find locale\eng-US.ini and failed to load locale but file is there.

So thats how you would set your affinity settings splitting 8 cores into two 4 cores

Am using windows 10.

You want to use 0,1,2,3 for the game and 4,5,6,7 for obs.

Only thing is that it does not save the settings of affinity after you exit the game it will return back to 8 cores when you start the game again.

So if anyone knows how to Save the settings then please post here as i have hunted on the net for awhile now.

Davie_C, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

I want to set CPU affinity per RegEdit

1. I want to set CPU affinity per RegEdit - Similar Threads - set CPU affinity

2. Set back CPU affinity to default for an application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set back CPU affinity to default for an application: Hello !I have encountered an issue with a game recently. It was originally designed for a Windows XP SP3 and I'm currently trying to run it on Windows 11. Unfortunately, it kept crashing at various moments with nos real pattern, so I started to dig around for a fix. At some...
  3. Set back CPU affinity to default for an application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set back CPU affinity to default for an application: Hello !I have encountered an issue with a game recently. It was originally designed for a Windows XP SP3 and I'm currently trying to run it on Windows 11. Unfortunately, it kept crashing at various moments with nos real pattern, so I started to dig around for a fix. At some...
  4. How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?: Using the command "wmic process where name="mspaint.exe" CALL setpriority128" would set paint to a high priority but what if i want to set the affinity of paint, is there a command for program affinity?If not i know process hacker supposedly does the trick but i dont know how...
  5. How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?

How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?: Using the command "wmic process where name="mspaint.exe" CALL setpriority128" would set paint to a high priority but what if i want to set the affinity of paint, is there a command for program affinity?If not i know process hacker supposedly does the trick but i dont know how...
  6. How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. affinity level CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    affinity level CPU: I have a program that starts running too much CPU usage. The last time this program did this it was on an over the top 36 core something or other laptop, I like to call it the Unicorn laptop. To solve the issue I set the affinity level down to 8 cores from task manager...
  8. affinity level CPU

affinity level CPU: I have a program that starts running too much CPU usage. The last time this program did this it was on an over the top 36 core something or other laptop, I like to call it the Unicorn laptop. To solve the issue I set the affinity level down to 8 cores from task manager...
  9. affinity level CPU

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to permanently set cpu affinity for programs?: Using the command "wmic process where name="mspaint.exe" CALL setpriority128" would set paint to a high priority but what if i want to set the affinity of paint, is there a command for program affinity? If not i know process hacker supposedly does the trick but i dont know...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. affinity processor regedit

2. regedit cpu set

3. command prompt affinity regedit

4. regedit cpu 0,
  5. affinity regedit,
  6. regedit windows 10 for game