Windows 10: I want to set the Default App TO The blanked DEFAULT.. NO APP can open this file.. PICK...

Discus and support I want to set the Default App TO The blanked DEFAULT.. NO APP can open this file.. PICK... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; People in Windows NT 5 Pro one could set the default file to APP association to nothing.. as in NULL or NULLITES. ZIPPO NO association to any app on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TerranceVan Gemert, Nov 28, 2019.

1. I want to set the Default App TO The blanked DEFAULT.. NO APP can open this file.. PICK...

People in Windows NT 5 Pro one could set the default file to APP association to nothing.. as in NULL or NULLITES. ZIPPO NO association to any app on this file extension.

So Do people have to create a HACKER Black book on how to do this..

:)

TerranceVan Gemert, Nov 28, 2019

2. How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Not able to set default opening app to Adobe PDF 8.1 on pdf files

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

1. Which update was installed on the computer?

There are few reasons that can be considered as to why you are having issues with preferred default applications on the device. It can be because of an update that was installed on the computer. Kindly follow the below steps and
    make the necessary changes to resolve the issue.

Step 1: Change default apps through control Panel.

• Open Control Panel by typing Control Panel in Start menu and then press
      Enter key.
    • Change the Control Panel View by to Small icons. Click
      Default Programs to open Default Programs window.
    • Select the first option- Set your default programs.
    • In the left-pane, select your web browser or any other program that you want to set as your default program.
    • Once you select a program or app, you will see
      Set this program as default
      option on the right-side. Click set this program as default option to set it as default.

Step 2: To choose default apps by File type in Settings.

• Open Settings > Click on
      Apps
      > Select Default apps from the left pane.
    • Click on Choose default apps by file type option from the bottom of the right pane.
    • Click on Choose a default option and choose an app to always open the file type with by default.

Additional Information: You may have to go through the article on

Make Acrobat or Reader the default owner of PDF files on Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Jasper689 Win User

I want to set the Default App TO The blanked DEFAULT.. NO APP can open this file.. PICK...

Default app setting

I am trying to open a GLO file with Notepad. When I right-click and choose "open with" I get "Pick an app" and I cannot change it. When I go into the file properties, the "open with" change button gives me, "You will need a new app to open this .glo
    file. Look for an app in store." When I go into Control Panel to set default apps by file type, ".glo" is not an option in the list of file types.

Jasper689, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

I want to set the Default App TO The blanked DEFAULT.. NO APP can open this file.. PICK...

1. I want to set the Default App TO The blanked DEFAULT.. NO APP can open this file.. PICK... - Similar Threads - set Default App

2. Unable to open with or set default app for file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open with or set default app for file type: Windows 10 Pro 64-bitVersion: 20H2OS Build: 19042.1052Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0I want to double click on a *.jpg file from my phone and have it open in Chrome.1 - Right clicking results in no "open with" option:2 - Default app for "photo...
  3. Setting a Default App . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting a Default App . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 Pro. The browsers, I have installed are: 1. Internet Explorer 2. Google Chrome 3. Mozilla Firefox 4. Comodo IceDragon Everything, I open. Movies email, etc. Uses, Internet Explorer. I don't even like,...
  4. Default app settings

Default app settings: Hi, Can someone help with the following please? I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC installed on my computer, which has more features than Acrobat Reader. Every time I start the computer I have to choose this programme as default app for pdf files, and every time I shut down the...
  5. Default Apps settings

Default Apps settings: I was able until recently in Win 10 to send documents from within various Apps (Word, Excel, Acrobat, etc) using the "send Mail" feature incorporated in those Apps. Now I cannot do it and I get an error message telling me that they cannot connect to my mail server. I have...
  6. Setting Defaults by App or File

Setting Defaults by App or File: I recently bought a new 1Tb SSD drive to use as my system drive, I have been trying to associate opening of xml files in either Notepad++ or Sublime Text 3 I have seen many "Solutions" through Google however none seem to work for me. The "Set defaults by app" doesn't show...
  7. default app setting

default app setting: Good day ! I am unable to set Google Chrome as a default browser on my PC with windows 10. Is automatically set to Microsoft Edge and all attempts to change it to other type are in. Please help me to resolve this issue. Regards, J.M.Bhuskute...
  8. Default apps for opening files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default apps for opening files: How do you change the programs/apps which appear on the drop-down lists next to each file extension type in the "Choose default apps by file type" menu? I'm trying to associate the Windows Photos app with the .webp extension which Google is now saving many of my pictures...
  9. Setting defaults by app

Setting defaults by app: I need help to understand how do set ALL supported file formats to associated app. In Settings > Default Apps > Defaults by app > APP > Manage I get overlong list of file formats, most of them unassociated. I don't find any method how to select them all and assign them to...
  10. Can not open Windows settings and default apps

Can not open Windows settings and default apps: Hi, today i have updated from W7 to W10 on my Lenovo Z580. Now I can not open settings and Windows10 apps like Calendar, Edge,... (and calculator as well - "Explorer.exe element not found"). Tried Emerging Issue 67758 fix but it didnt find any issue. Can you please help me?...