Windows 10: I want to set the timezone to be changed automatically in windows 10, but users should be...

Discus and support I want to set the timezone to be changed automatically in windows 10, but users should be... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, we are currently using the windows 10 1803 build in our AD environment and I am searching for the automatic time zone settings as we have users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joris Lembregts, Jan 2, 2019.

1. I want to set the timezone to be changed automatically in windows 10, but users should be...

Hi,

we are currently using the windows 10 1803 build in our AD environment and I am searching for the automatic time zone settings as we have users and sites all over Europe. When I google this, I constantly find people who have a toggle switch in their time settings to switch "Set time zone automatically" on or off. We however do not have this switch. As I understand, our build should be recent enough to have this. I can find the registry setting to switch this on or off, nut I want to show this switch for our users, so I can set a GPO preference to set the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tzautoupdate" "Start" value to 3, but if users connect to VPN and get a different location than where they actually are, they can set this to manual themselves. I cannot seem to find this setting anywhere, or someone else who is having this issue.

Thanks in advance.

kr,

Joris Lembregts

:)

Joris Lembregts, Jan 2, 2019

2. Not changing Timezone automatically

Hi,

My Windows 8.1 phone is not changing timezone automatically, though the settings are set to update automatically. Usually on other phones I have had, as soon as I remove plane mode and it connects to local network, it changes instantly. Here it doesn't work
    like that. 1st time I had the issue it corrected the timezone only when I joined a WiFi (and have been in the country for more than 4 hours). This time, I got home, connected to WiFi in airport but it didn't change. Now after like 11 hours I got tired of waiting
    and changed it manually and then set it back to changing automatically - it stayed correct.

It is pretty annoying since I have to change timezones 2x a week.

Anyone knows how the timezone update can be triggered? Is there any other settings that could affect this timezone change? Some GPS settings? Not using data roaming while not in home country? Any ideas?

MatissLiepa, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Not changing Timezone automatically

So, I checked this again. When I went to Germany, it changed automatically, everything as it is supposed to. When I came back to Latvia, it stayed in Germany timezone. I connected to WIFI, checked that even MSN weather application switched to Latvia, but
    the timezone stayed. I tried turning on/off location, autmatic timezone changes, but nothing helped. Then I set manually timezone and switched it back to automatic timezone change - it switched back to Germany timezone. Now this morning (after ~36h being in
    Latvia) it has changed to correct timezone. I kind of didn't do anything, it just shows now correct again. But I'm pretty sure that the issue will reappear next time.

MatissLiepa, Jan 2, 2019
  4. I want to set the timezone to be changed automatically in windows 10, but users should be...

Not changing Timezone automatically

Both are set to automatic. When I changed manually timezone and then set it back to automatically, it stayed correct.

I live in Latvia (UTC +02:00) and I travel to Germany (UTC +01:00).

MatissLiepa, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

I want to set the timezone to be changed automatically in windows 10, but users should be...

1. I want to set the timezone to be changed automatically in windows 10, but users should be... - Similar Threads - set timezone changed

2. Timezones changing to Amsterdam automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Timezones changing to Amsterdam automatically: Don't know if anyone else has this issue, and i've been running around in circles with microsoft about the issue.In my company, we have several computers that are automatically changing timezones to Amsterdam for some reason, and i've yet to figure out why. At first i thought...
  3. Timezones changing to Amsterdam automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Timezones changing to Amsterdam automatically: Don't know if anyone else has this issue, and i've been running around in circles with microsoft about the issue.In my company, we have several computers that are automatically changing timezones to Amsterdam for some reason, and i've yet to figure out why. At first i thought...
  4. Timezone changes automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Timezone changes automatically: My timezone automatically changes from India to Brazil on my home network. I tried it with a different network the timezone is automatically changed to India. My region is set to India and I am from India too....
  5. Timezone changes automatically

Timezone changes automatically: My timezone automatically changes from India to Brazil on my home network. I tried it with a different network the timezone is automatically changed to India. My region is set to India and I am from India too....
  6. timezone change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    timezone change: hello! i am currently trying to change the timezone of my windows 11 monitor. im on an hp monitor with an hp desktop. when i go onto the day and time settings, the setting is greyed out and is not allowing me to edit my timezone. what should i do to fix this?...
  7. timezone change

timezone change: hello! i am currently trying to change the timezone of my windows 11 monitor. im on an hp monitor with an hp desktop. when i go onto the day and time settings, the setting is greyed out and is not allowing me to edit my timezone. what should i do to fix this?...
  8. Unable to change timezone settings windows 11

Unable to change timezone settings windows 11: After I got my win 11 install setup, I noticed that the time zone section in settings is greyed out, and I am unable to change it, I have included a pic below,I also tried setting it through the control panel, but I just get the error "Unable to continue, you do not have...
  9. Timezone keeps automatically changing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Timezone keeps automatically changing.: I have a new PC and on it my windows time and timezone settings are always changing to Canada, despite me being in germany. BIOS seems to be showing the correct time and I manually changed the time to the right one, but the incorrect time zone is causing a lot of troubles....
  10. Timezone Change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Timezone Change: Morning all, I'm in the UK, and my laptop clock has always had no trouble detecting which timezone I'm in, but for whatever reason, this morning I cannot stop it from thinking I'm in UTC-4.00. I know I can fix it by just setting it manually, but I was just wondering whether...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. should i have set time zone automatically on or off

2. set timezone standard user automatic