Windows 10: I want to set up a usb passcode key for my poor memory and as long as i have the usb key...

Discus and support I want to set up a usb passcode key for my poor memory and as long as i have the usb key... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What is the setup procedure. thanks for you consideration for this is my first post. m0j0x... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tomasde la rocha, Jun 19, 2020.

1. I want to set up a usb passcode key for my poor memory and as long as i have the usb key...

What is the setup procedure. thanks for you consideration for this is my first post.

m0j0x

:)

tomasde la rocha, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Krazy Owl Win User

Need USB key password software

Hi. As title says I need a software to code and protect my usb key informations. I will be putting personnal infos on it and bring it to my key set with car and house keys.

I will change the usb name for My first name and cell phone number so person finding it can call me in case of lost. The rest I want it protected.

Maybe even a split key protector. I could choose how many memory i want protected and how many i want free access to people.

Thx

Krazy Owl, Jun 19, 2020
  3. d44ve Win User
    Got VISTA? Want to use READYBOOST with a regular USB KEY?

well, I dont know if this was covered here before or not. But after seeing the new OCZ readyboost available FLASH DRIVE, I decided to see if you can just us a regular USB key. Turns out you can.... Now I didnt write this up, just found it using google. Just figured I would pass it on.

ReadyBoost requirements for USB keys are as follows:

The USB Key must be at least USB 2.0.
    The device must be able to do 3.5 MB/s for 4 KB random reads uniformly across the entire device and 2.5 MB/s for 512 KB random writes uniformly across the device.
    The USB Key has to have at least 64mb of free space.

If your USB key is at least USB 2.0, but is rated slower for the random reads and writes required to use ReadyBoost, more than likely you have seen this message:

I want to set up a usb passcode key for my poor memory and as long as i have the usb key... vistarb1.png

If so, plug in the USB Key, and cancel Autoplay if it pops up.

Click on Start button, and select COMPUTER. After Windows Explorer opens, in the right window pane find the USB Key you want to use.

Right click and select Properties, then select the ReadyBoost tab and uncheck Stop retesting this device when I plug it in.

Click OK and safely unmount the USB Key from your Computer.

Before Proceeding - the next step includes exporting the registry key to use as a backup if needed. DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP. As a safe guard, you may want to create a System Restore point when making configuration changes to your System.

Open the Registry (click on the Start button and type Regedit in the Run field).

Navigate to:
    HKLM (Local Machine) \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ EMDgmt.
    Right click on EMDgmt and select Export to back up the Key to a location on your Computer (you may also want to copy to a CD or USB drive that can be accessed if needed).

I want to set up a usb passcode key for my poor memory and as long as i have the usb key... vistarb2.png

Under EMDMgmt will list all the USB devices that have been connected to your Computer. Select the USB Key you want to use with ReadyBoost and click once on it (in this example I have selected the FIRELITE USB drive).

In the right window pane, modify the following values:

- Double click on Device Status and change the Value Data to 2 then click OK.
    - Double click on ReadSpeedKBs and change the Value Data to 1000 then click OK. (after clicking OK, the value may be displayed as Decimal - 4096)
    - double click on WriteSpeedKBs and change the Value Data to 1000 then click OK. (after clicking OK, the value may be displayed as Decimal - 4096)

I want to set up a usb passcode key for my poor memory and as long as i have the usb key... vistarb4.png

Close the Registry when completed.

Plug your USB Key back in to your Computer, cancel Autoplay if it pops up, and go to Start \ COMPUTER and find the USB Key. Right click and select Properties, then select the ReadyBoost tab and you should now be able to use it with ReadyBoost.

I want to set up a usb passcode key for my poor memory and as long as i have the usb key... vistarb9.png

Keep in mind, ReadyBoost benefit is to only enhance performance for random access reads and is used as a read-ahead cache program.

Enabling USB Keys that is rated slower than the specification required by ReadyBoost may not give you the performance boost you are looking for. Also if your PC is Dual Core and has 2Gigs or more RAM, you may not notice any performance boost when using ReadyBoost.

As always test first. Your mileage will vary.

d44ve, Jun 19, 2020
  4. I want to set up a usb passcode key for my poor memory and as long as i have the usb key...

Writing unique bootloaders to usb flash key?

Hey TPU,
    in the past ive had no trouble using the hp format utility to write boot loaders to a flash key, set the partition as active, ect.
    I've recently been fiddling around with Vista boot pro to get certain Vista pe boot disks converted over to a usb key working. (trick here is to do it on a vista pc)
    All has been well, but what I would like to have a bootable usb key that doesnt use an ordinary DOS/XP/Vista bootloader and I can't seem to find a way to go about doing it.
    Ultimately I would like to have one of the Memtest86 cd iso's booting off one of my keys and the bootloader isn't an ordinary one.
    A few ideas ive had is writing a grub bootloader to the key then writing the grub to boot the iso file saved on the key. but don't know if this will work (advice, has someone done it successfully?)
    The other idea is to extract the iso to the key but then im stumped on how to get the iso9660 bootloader written from the iso to the flash key. (can't find a utility to do it, all forums related seem to fail from what ive googled so far)
    If anyones got some advice or suggestions, the feedback will be apreciated *Smile I want to set up a usb passcode key for my poor memory and as long as i have the usb key... :)

qwerty_lesh, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

I want to set up a usb passcode key for my poor memory and as long as i have the usb key...

1. I want to set up a usb passcode key for my poor memory and as long as i have the usb key... - Similar Threads - set usb passcode

2. I want to make a bootable Windows 10 USB key can’t.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to make a bootable Windows 10 USB key can’t.: I want to make a Windows 10 bootable USB key but can’t. The only thing I have under my hands right now is a laptop running on Windows 7 it seems to not want to run the Windows Media Creation Tool. Any help? submitted by /u/Admirable_Beach5669 [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows asking for USB security key I never set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows asking for USB security key I never set up: Out of the blue, when I use some apps, Windows is asking me to sign in with my USB Security key. But I never set up a USB Security Key, and it will not let me sign in any other way.In Security -> Ways to sign In, I see several sign-in options there and most of them have a...
  4. Windows asking for USB security key I never set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows asking for USB security key I never set up: Out of the blue, when I use some apps, Windows is asking me to sign in with my USB Security key. But I never set up a USB Security Key, and it will not let me sign in any other way.In Security -> Ways to sign In, I see several sign-in options there and most of them have a...
  5. Usb security key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb security key: I would like to logon on my local administrator account with a security usb key; is this possible? And if it is, how do I do it and which brand + type can you recommend?My windows 11 is a home edition....
  6. BitLocker and USB keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker and USB keys: A customer uses a USB key to store confidential data. The USB key is protected with BitLocker and is used on several PCs managed by different users. Some users set the Bitlocker password to be remembered on their PCs, so that the USB key can be connected to their PCs without...
  7. BitLocker and USB keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker and USB keys: A customer uses a USB key to store confidential data. The USB key is protected with BitLocker and is used on several PCs managed by different users. Some users set the Bitlocker password to be remembered on their PCs, so that the USB key can be connected to their PCs without...
  8. BitLocker and USB keys

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. I can't use my usb key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't use my usb key: Hello, Recently I've got an problem windows think that my keys are usb disk drivers ! submitted by /u/Gaetan_Chartrer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mmemro/i_cant_use_my_usb_key/
  10. I want to scan my USB

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I want to scan my USB: Split from this thread. I want to scane my USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-want-to-scan-my-usb/bf973147-61a8-4488-829d-bd0abfdf1760