Windows 10: i want to share a folder in c drive

Discus and support i want to share a folder in c drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have shares one folder saved in c drive, but not able to click the same on network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vijay-123, May 7, 2019.

1. vijay-123 Win User

i want to share a folder in c drive

I have shares one folder saved in c drive, but not able to click the same on network

:)

vijay-123, May 7, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, May 7, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 7, 2019
  4. i want to share a folder in c drive

C: drive folder sharing?

Hi all - I have a Win10 desktop for gaming/more complicated work and a HP Laptop running Linux Mint MATE 18.3. I'm having an issue with folder sharing on Win10?

I've got two folders shared from my Win10 machine - the Shared Folder (which is at the default Windows location where I just copy stuff that I want to transfer over, etc) and my Music folder full of my MP3s (the Music folder is at C:/Music) that is shared so I have access to it from my Linux laptop.

The Shared Folder works fine and I can access and read and write to it, no problem on my Mint laptop using Samba, but accessing the Music folder gives me an error:

i want to share a folder in c drive [​IMG]

As far as I can tell, the permissions on my Music folder are set the same way there are on the Shared Folder? I.E. I went into the Sharing options for it on Win10 and clicked Advanced Sharing - gave it a name, checked the 'Share this folder' box, and added a Share permission group of 'Everyone' with 'Full Control'...yet I still don't have access...?

Any thoughts or suggestions as to why this might be?

Darkstrike, May 7, 2019
Thema:

i want to share a folder in c drive

1. i want to share a folder in c drive - Similar Threads - share folder drive

2. I want to share my folder to another PC so how will I share my folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to share my folder to another PC so how will I share my folder?: I want to share my folder to another PC so how will I share my folder? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-share-my-folder-to-another-pc-so-how/a1b8ada1-e269-43f1-b07c-0682087bb725
  3. I want to share my folder to another PC so how will I share my folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to share my folder to another PC so how will I share my folder?: I want to share my folder to another PC so how will I share my folder? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-share-my-folder-to-another-pc-so-how/a1b8ada1-e269-43f1-b07c-0682087bb725
  4. I want to share my folder to another PC so how will I share my folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Want to change C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to change C drive: Want to change C drive to a larger capacity. How do I make an image of my current Drive to install on the new larger C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-change-c-drive/a28abe0b-7aae-4713-b67a-1882aed6d3ac
  6. Want to change C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to change C drive: Want to change C drive to a larger capacity. How do I make an image of my current Drive to install on the new larger C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/want-to-change-c-drive/a28abe0b-7aae-4713-b67a-1882aed6d3ac
  7. WindowsApps Folder i want it back just on C: and not a different drive

in Windows 10 Support
    WindowsApps Folder i want it back just on C: and not a different drive: Win 1909 OS Build 18363.1016 So i have a bit of a dilemma. I while back i decided to change my install location for Apps i downloaded from the Microsoft Store to a different drive. I've since changed all my storage settings back to my c: drive, and have even gone into App's...
  8. Share C drive

Share C drive: I have a second drive connected and can share that When I try to share the C drive or any folders on that drive it says you do not have permission to access Y can I share other drives on that comp but not the C drive Thanks Rick 156022
  9. I want to set Drive C: to D:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I want to set Drive C: to D:: I want to set Drive C: to D: I login with Administrator rights. The problem I have is although it change the drive but I cannot save it (Click on Apply, finally click OK)...
  10. C: drive folder sharing?

C: drive folder sharing?: Hi all - I have a Win10 desktop for gaming/more complicated work and a HP Laptop running Linux Mint MATE 18.3. I'm having an issue with folder sharing on Win10? I've got two folders shared from my Win10 machine - the Shared Folder (which is at the default Windows location...