Windows 10: I want to start over connecting my android phone to W10 so I get options

Discus and support I want to start over connecting my android phone to W10 so I get options in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I plugged in my Pixel 3aXL into my PC intending to transfer a file. Without thinking, when the options for what to do came up on the PC (no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheVisionGlorious, Jul 12, 2020.

1. I want to start over connecting my android phone to W10 so I get options

I want to start over connecting my android phone to W10 so I get options HJ6PcbU3lZSrCu2DCPcFdd5tHI5x5JVh6qppys9393Y.jpg

I plugged in my Pixel 3aXL into my PC intending to transfer a file. Without thinking, when the options for what to do came up on the PC (no options/permissions came up on the phone), I clicked to open File Explorer. Unfortunately Windows didn't recognise that there were any files on the device (see screenshot). When I closed the automatic File Explorer window and tried navigating to the phone manually via a new File Explorer window, I got the same thing.

I tried restarting the phone, restarting the PC, switching to a different USB port, going into Settings and telling Windows to remove the phone, but each time, when I reconnect, it goes straight into opening File Explorer without giving any options, and saying that the phone folder's empty.

So I'd like to get back to where I started, i.e. with me connecting the phone and then choosing a different option from File Explorer, in the hope that I will be able to transfer files by one of the other options.

What I see when I connect my phone

submitted by /u/TheVisionGlorious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheVisionGlorious, Jul 12, 2020

2. Listen to Android phone's music from desktop headphone

How to listen to [Android phone's music] from [a headphone that is connected to a Windows 10 desktop] without internet connection?
    I have an Android phone (Pixel 3a) with YouTube Music installed on it.

When I don't have internet connection, I want to be able to wear my headphone, which is connected to my desktop (Windows 10) and listen to both my desktop's audio (for example, game sound) and the music playing on my phone (for example, music that is available only on the phone's YouTube Music offline downloaded folder).

How can I achieve this?

Note:

Anonymous123, Jul 12, 2020
  3. ITM
    itm Win User
    "Your Phone" won't connect to phone after motherboard replacement

I've had the Your Phone app running for the last few months on my Windows 10 Pro PC, connecting to my LG V20 phone (Android v8). Last week my motherboard failed, so I replaced it and restored my Windows setup to a new SSD while I was at it.
    Now the Your Phone app won't connect to my phone - it says: "We can't connect to your phone. Make sure that your PC and phone are connected to the internet".
    The name of my phone (V20) is still displayed in the top left corner of the app Window. Both PC and phone are connected to the internet (via the same router). I have tried:
    - Uninstalling and re-installing the Android app (and re-adding the necessary app permissions)
    - Resetting the Your Phone PC app
    The Android app says "Check your PC", and tells me to select "Send notification", but that option isn't available anywhere in the PC app that I can see.
    Can anyone advise on how I can get re-connected to my phone?

- - - Updated - - -

...one step forward...one step back...after another re-installation of the Android app I was able to get as far as sending a notification from the PC app, and selected "Allow" when the notification came up on the phone. Now the phone says "Your phone and PC are linked", but the PC app still says "We can't connect to your phone"
    ????

4. srsly Win User

I want to start over connecting my android phone to W10 so I get options

How do I connect to internet via bluetooth tethering?

I need to connect my laptop to the internet using my android phone. I've paired both devices and I've enabled bluetooth tethering on my phone. My phone is listed when I navigate from 'join a personal network' in bluetooth options in taskbar but I cannot connect using access point, only direct connection is listed as the option.

srsly, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

I want to start over connecting my android phone to W10 so I get options

1. I want to start over connecting my android phone to W10 so I get options - Similar Threads - start connecting android

2. Why is it so hard to get help over the phone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is it so hard to get help over the phone: Currently at 2 hour long phone call 90% of it spent on hold. All i want to do it buy a product key for windows 10 and every time they put me on hold Im passed off to another agent who asks me my email. Which is very annoying....
  3. Why is it so hard to get help over the phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it so hard to get help over the phone: Currently at 2 hour long phone call 90% of it spent on hold. All i want to do it buy a product key for windows 10 and every time they put me on hold Im passed off to another agent who asks me my email. Which is very annoying....
  4. Why is it so hard to get help over the phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cannot connect my iPhone to Phone Link as it wants android.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot connect my iPhone to Phone Link as it wants android.: I had a Galaxy S8 connected to Phone Link in the past and now I have an iPhone which I want to connect. I've downloaded the Link to Windows app on my phone and scanned the QR code that was displayed on my laptop, after, it said that an error occurred because it was a QR code...
  6. I cannot connect my iPhone to Phone Link as it wants android.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot connect my iPhone to Phone Link as it wants android.: I had a Galaxy S8 connected to Phone Link in the past and now I have an iPhone which I want to connect. I've downloaded the Link to Windows app on my phone and scanned the QR code that was displayed on my laptop, after, it said that an error occurred because it was a QR code...
  7. MUST I install the Media Feature Pack just so I can connect my android phone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MUST I install the Media Feature Pack just so I can connect my android phone?: I'm finally trying Win 10 on my new laptop and when installing I discovered the 'n' version. Great, I thought, I don't have to install all that windows media stuff I don't use! Then I tried to connect my android devices and although everything looks fine, they don't show up...
  8. Want to connect my android phone to laptop (USB micro B to USB A). Phone is charging but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Want to connect my android phone to laptop (USB micro B to USB A). Phone is charging but...: submitted by /u/Peta-8-bit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6ibt4/want_to_connect_my_android_phone_to_laptop_usb/
  9. I want to reset and start my PC over again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I want to reset and start my PC over again: I want to reset and start my PC over again. Should I Fresh Start or Reset PC? My Wondows 10 says it is activated with a digital liscence linked to my Microsoft account. I Don't need to keep any of my files, i already backed them up. I don't need to save my settings either....
  10. W10 successfully ignores my android phone and kindle

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 successfully ignores my android phone and kindle: doesnt even make a peep 53377