Windows 10: I want to swap the Windows versions running on two separate laptops.

Discus and support I want to swap the Windows versions running on two separate laptops. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I currently have 2 computers: 1 A laptop running a Windows 10 Pro which I recently updated via the Windows store [This came originally with OEM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by stay_hydrated03, Sep 6, 2020.

1. I want to swap the Windows versions running on two separate laptops.

Hi, I currently have 2 computers:

1 A laptop running a Windows 10 Pro which I recently updated via the Windows store [This came originally with OEM Windows 8 Home which I updated for free to Windows 10 Home and now to Windows 10 Pro]
    2 And another new laptop that I bought with Windows 10 Home[OEM].

Is there any way that I can transfer the purchased Windows 10 Pro license to my new device2 and retrieve my pre-existing Windows 10 Home on the old one1 or swap it from the new laptop. Is this possible without losing data?

:)

stay_hydrated03, Sep 6, 2020

2. Two family members want to "swap" laptops running different versions of Windows

Laptop 1 runs Windows 8 and belongs to a younger member of the family who has a Steam account which is very important to him. However, his headphone socket is not working and that is why his mother wants to take over his laptop while he takes over hers.

Laptop 2 runs Windows 7 and belongs to a mature adult who plays no games and uses the laptop only occasionally.

Can anyone suggest a safe way to copy the entire contents of Laptop 1 onto Laptop 2 so that nothing is lost.

Neither laptop owner wants anything to do with Windows 10. Is is a straight transfer of the entire contents of a Windows 8 laptop onto what is currently a Windows 7 laptop.

Although I am more computer literate than either laptop owner, I have never performed a transfer from one computer to another and so I would greatly appreciate step by step guidance.

Thank you for your time.

I am totally aware that it is more logical to simply get the headphone socket issue fixed but the young owner of laptop 1 is very reluctant to lose his laptop for a week while it is being repaired. Also scared stiff of losing his precious Steam.

JimObasa55, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Swapping to an older version of windows

Is there still an official way to drop back to an older version of windows, I honestly don't mind using a 3rd party way. If possible, can you list step by step instructions or a link to an easy to use website. Thanks.

jordanrothstein, Sep 6, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

I want to swap the Windows versions running on two separate laptops.

n-ster, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

I want to swap the Windows versions running on two separate laptops.

1. I want to swap the Windows versions running on two separate laptops. - Similar Threads - swap versions running

2. TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP: Hi guys, I have managed to duplicate and project my browser from my laptop to a different screen clicking on the Windows and P buttons however I am trying to have a different browser opened on each screen, which I am struggling to achieve. Please could one of you kind folks...
  3. TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP: Hi guys, I have managed to duplicate and project my browser from my laptop to a different screen clicking on the Windows and P buttons however I am trying to have a different browser opened on each screen, which I am struggling to achieve. Please could one of you kind folks...
  4. TWO SEPARATE BROWSERS ON TWO SEPARATE SCREENS 1 LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is it possible to swap 2 versions of Windows 10 between two computers?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is it possible to swap 2 versions of Windows 10 between two computers?: Here is the situation I'm curious about. I'm getting a new computer with standard Windows 10 operating system. My current older computer has Windows 10 pro which is linked to my Microsoft account online. Is it possible to move Windows 10 pro from the old to the new computer...
  6. Two Laptops, Windows Installed on Both, SSD Swap?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two Laptops, Windows Installed on Both, SSD Swap?: I just purchased a laptop that has a 256GB SSD installed in it. I own a laptop with a 500GB SSD installed on it. I want to use the new laptop I just purchased. If I swap both hard drives in each computer, will they both activate with the licenses on their current...
  7. output from two concurrently running programs to separate screens

in Windows 10 Support
    output from two concurrently running programs to separate screens: 2004 os build 19041.508 I have two run two programs often. I have my laptop set up to output to the laptop screen and also to the external monitor. Is there a way to set up my output so that all output from one program goes to my laptop screen and all output from the other...
  8. Swap Two Copies of Windows Across Two Devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swap Two Copies of Windows Across Two Devices: I have two computers with me, each already installed with a copy of Windows. Both have their product ID and their product key. The first is a HP Pavilion 15 Notebook with a copy of Windows 10 Home. This operating system was upgraded from Windows 8.1 using the free upgrade...
  9. I Need to Run two Version of Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    I Need to Run two Version of Firefox: I have windows 10 pro running in GPT Partation UEFI I need to set up Firefox version 47 (32 Bit) This version of 47 will Run My Security Camera So I can view my cameras in in this browser. This version I can install my plugin IPCWebComponents All firefox updates after...
  10. I Need Two Run Two Versions of Software. Windows Instaler Will not Let

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I Need Two Run Two Versions of Software. Windows Instaler Will not Let: I run HPTuners Tuning and Diagnostics software for my vehicles. They have since came out with a completely new platform V3.0xxx. On one vehicle I have all set on V2.0.xxx and to migrate it to V3.0.xxx would be a disaster. In Win7 its a matter of renaming the v2.0.xxx...