Windows 10: I want to switch accounts

Discus and support I want to switch accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to make my gmail account my main account for my Windows 10 instead of the outlook account, how do I switch them?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nathanael L, Nov 4, 2021.

1. I want to switch accounts

I want to make my gmail account my main account for my Windows 10 instead of the outlook account, how do I switch them?

:)

Nathanael L, Nov 4, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Nov 4, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Kari, Nov 4, 2021
  4. angus Win User

I want to switch accounts

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 4, 2021
Thema:

I want to switch accounts

1. I want to switch accounts - Similar Threads - switch accounts

2. Error after switching Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error after switching Microsoft accounts: After switching my Microsoft account on my desktop, I get this error message while trying to sign into my account Correlation Id: 8830516e-e7ff-4668-b1d4-0b81b663cd89 Timestamp: 2024-04-17T16:03:54.000Z DPTI: 077e31c41959eea90cb5f5a2686ce1f02bd914aa74c70446b245f6321bb63d66...
  3. Error after switching Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error after switching Microsoft accounts: After switching my Microsoft account on my desktop, I get this error message while trying to sign into my account Correlation Id: 8830516e-e7ff-4668-b1d4-0b81b663cd89 Timestamp: 2024-04-17T16:03:54.000Z DPTI: 077e31c41959eea90cb5f5a2686ce1f02bd914aa74c70446b245f6321bb63d66...
  4. Error after switching Microsoft accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....
  6. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to switch windows 10 child account to local account: i saw someone asking the same question but i still can't change it below "your family" it only said we can't connect to Microsoft family on this device might not be up to date I was thinking what dose that matter for a long time....
  7. how to switch windows 10 child account to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Why is my hotmail.com account switching the first letter on me when I try to sign in???...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my hotmail.com account switching the first letter on me when I try to sign in???...: I try to sign in on my Hotmail.com account and when I click to go to sign in password , the first letter of MY hotmail.com has changed to a small letter **** Then the passwords don't work. I tried several times and every time it changed the first letter from a capital letter...
  9. Why is my hotmail.com account switching the first letter on me when I try to sign in???...

Why is my hotmail.com account switching the first letter on me when I try to sign in???...: I try to sign in on my Hotmail.com account and when I click to go to sign in password , the first letter of MY hotmail.com has changed to a small letter **** Then the passwords don't work. I tried several times and every time it changed the first letter from a capital letter...
  10. Why is my hotmail.com account switching the first letter on me when I try to sign in???...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade