Windows 10: I want to switch from AMD Sata to SATA AHCI, but it's gone.

Discus and support I want to switch from AMD Sata to SATA AHCI, but it's gone. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro and I read of a possible solution to my messed up audio, which is to replace the AMD Sata driver with SATA AHCI. Device Manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LAPIII, Aug 8, 2020.

1. LAPIII Win User

I want to switch from AMD Sata to SATA AHCI, but it's gone.

I have Windows 10 Pro and I read of a possible solution to my messed up audio, which is to replace the AMD Sata driver with SATA AHCI. Device Manager only shows AMD Sata and 4 times:

I want to switch from AMD Sata to SATA AHCI, but it's gone. [​IMG]

The context menus read the same in each.

:)

LAPIII, Aug 8, 2020
  2. KubekVF Win User

Change SATA mode to AHCI from IDE

I was able to change it now (I also had some issues with NICs so I decided to reinstall my PC but I wanted to keep my files, programs, settings .... ). Here is how:

• Lunch application "setup.exe" from path "c:\$Windows.~WS\Sources\Windows\" (simply running upgrade to 10 again, but this time from windows 10)
    • After first reboot, change SATA mode to AHCI and let Windows finish upgrade
    • Everything should be fine now
    I am now running my disks in AHCI mode now and even don't have (so far) issues I had before.

KubekVF, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Overmorth Win User
    AHCI-SATA-SSD driver windows 10

bios was in AHCI mod allways for the last 3 years - on windows 7 everything was great

I have made clean instal of windows 10*64 on clean ssd and now have only IDE - no sata/ahci for me..

I sence now obvious problems in speed - slow downloading on ssd comparing win7, games drawing textures 200 meters above with 90 fps - nothing about chipset sata drivers on motherboard vendor /kingston/amd site

amd - chipset pack doesnt help - nothing changed (amd780g/sb700)

windows-r-regedit \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\storahci\StartOverride and other regedit suggestions doesnt help at all - it stays IDE in windows10

What should i do?

I want to switch from AMD Sata to SATA AHCI, but it's gone. 00277dff-3e80-4bef-afa3-a2922d818ae2.jpg

Overmorth, Aug 8, 2020
  4. I want to switch from AMD Sata to SATA AHCI, but it's gone.

No SATA settings in Bios

I installed a SSD in my dell computer and I want to change the SATA settings to AHCI - problem is I am unable to find where to change that setting in the BIOS. In fact, no where does it even mention SATA. I've tried all the suggestions of going to the
    registry and changing the values - but again there is no where in the BIOS that I can find to change the SATA.

Any help would be appreciated.

charleswaterfeet, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

I want to switch from AMD Sata to SATA AHCI, but it's gone.

1. I want to switch from AMD Sata to SATA AHCI, but it's gone. - Similar Threads - switch AMD Sata

2. Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"? Mircosoft " SATA...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"? Mircosoft " SATA...: Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"?Hi:Microsoft I think it's time for Microsoft to pay attention to this issue.win10100%,PC,3,,,Many people complain that the win10 system has a 100% occupancy rate. In fact, when I write this discussion on my...
  3. Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"? Mircosoft " SATA...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"? Mircosoft " SATA...: Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"?Hi:Microsoft I think it's time for Microsoft to pay attention to this issue.win10100%,PC,3,,,Many people complain that the win10 system has a 100% occupancy rate. In fact, when I write this discussion on my...
  4. Does MircoSoft intend to rewrite the driver of "SATA AHCI controller"? Mircosoft " SATA...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SATA AHCI controller

SATA AHCI controller: Lately I have been using an older hp 15 laptop I have as my newer laptop is having some keyboard issues. My older laptop has plenty of issues on its own, not being able to update and stuff. Working on those issues myself, but opening task manager I notice cpu and disk are...
  6. DO NOT UPDATE to INTEL SATA AHCI from Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI!!!

DO NOT UPDATE to INTEL SATA AHCI from Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI!!!: Yup, you heard me... Microsoft's Standard SATA AHCI performs a lot better, and easy on the CPU fan than the Intel ACHI driver. I updated on two of my desktop pcs, one is stuck at startup diagnoses bootloop, and the other one is drying every bit of juice from the fan on...
  7. Exclamation mark at standard ahci sata

Exclamation mark at standard ahci sata: Hi I have a dell laptop.I did a clean install of windows 10 becouse i was getting a lot of errors before.I updated everything from windows update and downloaded nvidia drivers from nvidia website.When i got to device manager i see an exclamation mark at standard ahci sata...
  8. Standar SATA-AHCI Controller trouble.

Standar SATA-AHCI Controller trouble.: I've downloaded the last version of AMD Chipset drivers, but in the Devices Manager I can see: Standard SATA AHCI Controller provided by Microsoft (June 2006). It's this correct or maybe must be substituted by the ("some") new controller by AMD? Thanks in advance for your...
  9. AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers

AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers: Hi, I'm running a AMD FX-6300 system, 8Gb RAM with Nvidia GTX 750 Ti GPU, running Windows 10 and Avast AV. The 'Driver Updater' in Avast keeps telling me these 2 drivers need updating. But if I try to update them in 'Device Manager' I'm told "Windows has determined you...
  10. Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change SATA mode from IDE TO AHCI: Sorry to bother you all. I am currently trying to change my SATA mode from IDE to AHCI but in my BIOS the option to change it is grayed out. Is there anything I can do to fix this? My Specs are: Packard Bell imedia S1800 PC Ram: 2.0 GB DDR3 SSD: Crucial BX200 Media...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot