Windows 10: I want to transfer win 10 to new larger hd

Discus and support I want to transfer win 10 to new larger hd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo yoga that has win10 pro that was upgraded from win 8.1 in both cases I never had a product code win 8.1 was oem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidWilson813, Feb 22, 2019.

1. I want to transfer win 10 to new larger hd

I have a Lenovo yoga that has win10 pro that was upgraded from win 8.1 in both cases I never had a product code win 8.1 was oem

:)

DavidWilson813, Feb 22, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

I want to transfer win 10 to new larger hd [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Transferring Win 10 files?

I have a custom PC i built, and i wanted to upgrade my HD with a new SSD. Is there anyway possible to transfer the Win 10 upgrade files to my new SSD instead? I wanted to use my currect HD as a secondary type. Thanks in advanced everyone!

NoiZyBoi37, Feb 22, 2019
  4. I want to transfer win 10 to new larger hd

Transfer Win 10 license to a new PC

Hello,

I bought a new PC and read that I can transfer my Windows 10 license to it and I have a few questions.

Few years ago I used Win 7 Pro license to install my two PC's.

When FREE update came I upgraded both of them to Windows 10 x64 PRO.

Yesterday I assembled a new PC which will replace one of them and I want to transfer the license to it from the one it is replacing.

The question is if I transfer the activation license will I lose the activation on the second PC or not?

What are the steps to do the actual license transfer?

Vladimir Jelovac, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

I want to transfer win 10 to new larger hd

1. I want to transfer win 10 to new larger hd - Similar Threads - transfer larger

2. Transfer windows license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer windows license: I have a laptop with oem windows on it, i was wondering if i could deactivate that device and use the key on my new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-license/6d941092-4fe8-449a-8c6a-46c2d6213993
  3. Transfer windows license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer windows license: I have a laptop with oem windows on it, i was wondering if i could deactivate that device and use the key on my new pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-windows-license/6d941092-4fe8-449a-8c6a-46c2d6213993
  4. Question: Do I need a 256 GB SSD PC or larger to transfer just over 200 GB of iCloud Photos...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question: Do I need a 256 GB SSD PC or larger to transfer just over 200 GB of iCloud Photos...: If not, I'll do it in maybe 60 days to go back down to 50 GB iCloud+ until I do need a 256 GB SSD Windows laptop, maybe in four years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-do-i-need-a-256-gb-ssd-pc-or-larger-to/bc76c650-6f21-465e-a107-a2030d21192f
  5. Question: Do I need a 256 GB SSD PC or larger to transfer just over 200 GB of iCloud Photos...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question: Do I need a 256 GB SSD PC or larger to transfer just over 200 GB of iCloud Photos...: If not, I'll do it in maybe 60 days to go back down to 50 GB iCloud+ until I do need a 256 GB SSD Windows laptop, maybe in four years. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-do-i-need-a-256-gb-ssd-pc-or-larger-to/bc76c650-6f21-465e-a107-a2030d21192f
  6. Why are JPEG files after being transferred to a new My Book external drive so much larger...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why are JPEG files after being transferred to a new My Book external drive so much larger...: I have a new 14tb Western Digital My Book external hard drive and when I transfer folders of JPEG picture files to it from other drives the 'Size on disk' in Properties shows the JPEG files are much larger than they actually are. Is this some sort of formatting issue?...
  7. Do I have to re-purchase Flight Simulator again to transfer to my computer's larger hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have to re-purchase Flight Simulator again to transfer to my computer's larger hard drive?: Will I have to re-purchase MSFS again if I have to transfer files to my computer's larger hard drive in an effort to consolidate files to one hard drive? This potentially easy scenario has so many potential pitfalls due to not having a CD-ROM installation source to decrease...
  8. Files sizes for photos and videos showing as much larger than actual. Can't open/transfer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files sizes for photos and videos showing as much larger than actual. Can't open/transfer.: A couple of months ago I transferred some photos and videos from my phone to my desktop computer. All was well at the time - fast forward to today, I attempted to open some of the photos in the folder, and all I get is a blank screen - something 'trying' to open. I did as...
  9. Files sizes for photos and videos showing as much larger than actual. Can't open/transfer.

Files sizes for photos and videos showing as much larger than actual. Can't open/transfer.: How is this possible? I transferred this folder of pictures to my computer from my Samsung S8 and the file size exploded. The files are all JPEGs yet nothing I have including VLC will open the files. I cant transfer them to anything because the file size registers as 65...
  10. Files sizes for photos and videos showing as much larger than actual. Can't open/transfer.

Files sizes for photos and videos showing as much larger than actual. Can't open/transfer.: A couple of months ago I transferred some photos and videos from my phone to my desktop computer. All was well at the time - fast forward to today, I attempted to open some of the photos in the folder, and all I get is a blank screen - something 'trying' to open. I did...