Windows 10: I want to try out build 1709. How do I keep it from updating to newer builds ? I know it's...

Discus and support I want to try out build 1709. How do I keep it from updating to newer builds ? I know it's... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanna see how certain games run on it, now that I know how the newest build runs them and I'm not happy with it. I can't get it to stop updating to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deranox, May 2, 2020.

1. I want to try out build 1709. How do I keep it from updating to newer builds ? I know it's...

I wanna see how certain games run on it, now that I know how the newest build runs them and I'm not happy with it. I can't get it to stop updating to newer major updates though.

submitted by /u/Deranox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deranox, May 2, 2020
  2. torbar Win User

Windows 10 Build 1709

Evening

I installed Build 1709 on a laptop and a desktop pc within the last week. I had installed build 1709 on other pcs prior to that date.

If you go to settings, Update & security, windows update, view update history (wording may be slightly different).

Windows Displays:

Update History

Feature Updates (number)

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709

Quality Updates (number)

update description

install date

not sure how many are noted - my system has 5 listed

On the newer install of 1709 on both the laptop and desktop the that is labelled "Feature Updates (number)" does not display.

Is that piece of information a function of 1709 and will it be present "forever"? In other words do you have any idea as to why it is missing from the 2 latest installs but is present in the older installs. All systems have KB4041994 installed which is
    a subsequent update after 1709.

Thanks

Bob

torbar, May 2, 2020
  3. lgarofalo Win User
    No network connection with Windows 10 Update 1709 build 16299.98

Lenovo Thinkpad E540 Laptop version 1703 build 15063.726 with an automatic update to 1709 build 16299.98.

Once the update finished the install I had no network connections available. I looked in settings and there were no network adapters listed. I had an ethernet adapter, a wi-fi adapter, and I was also able to tether my phone for a network connection previous
    to the update. After the update the network adapters were all gone.

I looked in the forums for suggestions, but mostly the suggestions were to update the drivers. This was impossible because there was no way for me to connect to the internet.

I tryed:

Following this article Lenovo apparaten getest voor Windows 10 Fall Creators Update versie 1709 (oktober 2017) - US

my laptop is not listed as officially supported for this update, but I assume it is because no one tested it.

What should I do? throw my laptop into the trash?

Restore the previous build 1703 is not an option since:

• I can delay this update only for a limited time (very very annoying, it is the third time I was forced to install the 1709 update and forced again to rollback to the previous one)
    • 1709 build has some virtualization features I need

Many thanks to anyone helping me.

lgarofalo, May 2, 2020
  4. I want to try out build 1709. How do I keep it from updating to newer builds ? I know it's...

Cant Update to newer build

I recently installed Windows 10 Education edition but I cant update to any newer version.My current build is shown as Build 10240 and I cant get it to update.Windows update just tells that my system is up to date.

ArnavMalik, May 2, 2020
Thema:

I want to try out build 1709. How do I keep it from updating to newer builds ? I know it's...

1. I want to try out build 1709. How do I keep it from updating to newer builds ? I know it's... - Similar Threads - try build 1709

2. Can I access an OS HDD in a newer PC build from an old PC build?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I access an OS HDD in a newer PC build from an old PC build?: I have a WD Blue 1TB HDD that I used in a previous build as my OS drive. It's also the only drive with data that I used in my old PC build. Almost all of the disk space was used up, and I tried to back up the data onto an external drive it backed up but I can't find the files...
  3. Can I access an OS HDD in a newer PC build from an old PC build?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I access an OS HDD in a newer PC build from an old PC build?: I have a WD Blue 1TB HDD that I used in a previous build as my OS drive. It's also the only drive with data that I used in my old PC build. Almost all of the disk space was used up, and I tried to back up the data onto an external drive it backed up but I can't find the files...
  4. Can I access an OS HDD in a newer PC build from an old PC build?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot update to a newer build from 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update to a newer build from 1909: I have tried to install the latest update several times, but it is always failing on 77 percent before the reboot. It just reboots and the system is not updated.Can you suggest what is wrong?I managed to find the install logs, but I can't understand them, to be honest.UPD: my...
  6. Cannot update to a newer build from 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update to a newer build from 1909: I have tried to install the latest update several times, but it is always failing on 77 percent before the reboot. It just reboots and the system is not updated.Can you suggest what is wrong?I managed to find the install logs, but I can't understand them, to be honest.UPD: my...
  7. Cannot update to a newer build from 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to update Windows 10 from 1709 to any newer build

Unable to update Windows 10 from 1709 to any newer build: I've been stuck on 1709 for the past couple years, since Windows would always rollback in the last stages. In the past couple of days, I tried to update a bunch of times again, but it failed every single time with the error code 0xC1900101-0x20017. I've tried installing from...
  9. How do I opt out of Windows Insider Builds?

How do I opt out of Windows Insider Builds?: Yeah so earlier I decided to opt into Windows Insider Builds as they interested me, so once I opted in, it started to install a build However, when it was installing I got a message saying "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10 (and by that it means it won't install the...
  10. How do you get the newer Builds?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you get the newer Builds?: I have joined the Insider program but do not know how to get the newer builds. It must be somewhere in the myriad of options but I cannot find it. Help please? 4696